Lucasfilm's RED TAILS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lucasfilm's RED TAILS official trailer

Looks like a good oscar wanting movie. No interest in seeing it though.

Where's Boba Fett? :dunno

That looks awesome. Love the air planes from that time period.

Considering Lucas is the one that made this, im not too optimistic.

Sure every director has had a few duds, but Mr. Lucas' problem is that he does not learn from his mistakes. He still insists that the star wars prequels and 4th indiana jones movie were great, and dismisses any criticism against them as a small minority. With no way to learn from those mistakes, I don't expect anything better ever coming from him.

Lucas didn't direct this, right?

I'll see it on the big screen just for the dogfights alone. I love stuff like that.

Spielberg directed Indy 4 and I'm sure had just as much imput as Lucas. So by that token, I guess he will never put out anything good anymore?

I'm sure every film maker wished they could put out a film exactly as they wanted like Lucas does.

Considering Lucas is the one that made this, im not too optimistic.

Sure every director has had a few duds, but Mr. Lucas' problem is that he does not learn from his mistakes. He still insists that the star wars prequels and 4th indiana jones movie were great, and dismisses any criticism against them as a small minority. With no way to learn from those mistakes, I don't expect anything better ever coming from him.

Well he didn't direct it. And to be fair, the prequels weren't duds, they were actually pretty well rated and did extremely well in the box office. He's never said they were good but he has said they were successful so the criticism doesn't matter.

The prequels are widely considered critical dissapointments.
Pirates of the Carribean 4 also did phenominally well at the box office. Doesn't mean it didn't suck.

Spielberg directed Indy 4 and I'm sure had just as much imput as Lucas. So by that token, I guess he will never put out anything good anymore?

Spielburg could only do so much with the material presented to him. You also get the sense from interviews that he pretty much had to make alot of compromises and give Lucas what he wanted.

Hmm.. I think some of Cuba's and Terrance's dialogue was taken directly from Men of Honor and Hart's War. :)

Looks Good

Back