Help with full size lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lforigno

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone I was wondering if you could help me out. I want to buy 2 lightsabers for my home theatre. A Luke empire strikes back and a darth vader. These are for display purposes but I am not familiar with companies that make them and which one to purchase. Any help would be appreciated since I do not know much about it. Thanks.

Thanks for the input. So the lightup ones are pretty cool than. How are they actually constructed? Metal parts or plastic? Thanks

Now what's the difference between hasbro and master replicas?

to my knowledge the only real difference is that the hasbro ones have removable blade and the mater replicas blades are fixed, also i believe the hasbro ones are readily available but master replicas not longer manufacture them. I personally had a number of the master replicas ones and on the whole was very impressed. :lecture lol

Thanks I appreciate it. Now I know they are both rare but do you have any idea if anyone still caries the master replicas. I know they are expensive but I was not sure if I should try someone first before I try evilBay

When Master Replicas went out of business, Hasbro took over the FX line, I don't know the details, if they kept some MR people, resources or what, but I have MR and Hasbro FX sabers and I see no quality difference.

Not all Hasbro sabers have removable blades either, you have to look out. The TPM Obi-Wan and Count Dooku don't, not sure what other ones were put out under Hasbro before these new ones with the removable blades, and I don't know if the removable blade affects quality or not.

When Master Replicas went out of business, Hasbro took over the FX line, I don't know the details, if they kept some MR people, resources or what, but I have MR and Hasbro FX sabers and I see no quality difference.

Not all Hasbro sabers have removable blades either, you have to look out. The TPM Obi-Wan and Count Dooku don't, not sure what other ones were put out under Hasbro before these new ones with the removable blades, and I don't know if the removable blade affects quality or not.

Thanks maulfan. Was there a empire strikes back Luke hasbro one made?

You could go with the force FX ones OR try to get your hands on the 1:1 repliacs of them made by master replicas ,
i got a number of master replicas scaled lightsabers and blasters... very impressive things

Yes, but I'm not certain that Hasbro has released one with removable blade yet.

I dont want it removable. I am going to have the lightsabers mounted on the wall on both sides to my home theatre room. They will have electronics hooked up to them so when I go down stairs to turn on a light the lightsabers will light up the doorway heading into the home theater.

I dont want it removable. I am going to have the lightsabers mounted on the wall on both sides to my home theatre room. They will have electronics hooked up to them so when I go down stairs to turn on a light the lightsabers will light up the doorway heading into the home theater.

That is a really cool idea. I would love to see work in progress pics once you start the project.

That is a really cool idea. I would love to see work in progress pics once you start the project.

absolutely I just want to make sure I can track them down first. I have my heart set on those 2 lightsabers if I am gonna do it. I dont mind getting the hasbro as long as they are both high quality. I would not want to get a luke skywalker master replicas and a darth vader hasbro and the quality be different. I cannot seem to find the hasbro ESB luke skywalker at all. Also how is the light on the hasbro compared to master replicas? is one better than the other? Thanks for all the help guys it is much appreciated.

personally i think,if you're gonna do it,do it properly ,rather go for the FX ones as appose to the hasbro IMO i think they look much more genuine

An interesting idea indeed. You need to take care of the sound chip as well, in long time it can be stressing.

:clap

Sounds like a great idea! You definitely have to post pics and maybe a video when you are done. :panic:

:clap

Sounds like a great idea! You definitely have to post pics and maybe a video when you are done. :panic:

I will for sure. I found a vader saber, but I am trying to track down a luke A new hope since there was not a ESB fx saber made and I have had no luck as of yet.

Back