The Chicago Code

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Ski

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for this yet. Is anyone watching this? It is the latest series from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan. It airs on Fox on Mondays at 9 EST and stars Jennifer Beals and Delroy Lindo.

I've seen the first two episodes and I am really liking the show so far. It definitely has that Shield vibe to it, but toned down a bit for the major networks. Decent actors and a good story. I think I have found something to fill The Shield and 24 void. I just hope it does well enough in the ratings to stay on the air for a couple seasons.

I can't believe _____ like The Bachelor and The Bachelorette get higher ratings and stay on the air. :mad:

It is the dumbing down of America. :(

I would have watched it if it were on FX but it dropped down on my to watch list since it isn't. I still might go back and check it out since I loved The Shield.

I have only seen the first episode so far. I enjoyed it enough to want to watch the second episode which I will hopefully get to this week.

Watched the first two episodes and completely lost interest. Didn't like the cast or any of the characters.

If you're looking for something even remotley resembling The Sheild you will be sorely disappointed.

The Sheild was a perfect 10, this show is more like a 4.

No cop show will ever be better than The Shield imho but i'm enjoying this so far.

lem..... :(

gets me everytime...dam you shane... dam you

edit - only character i couldnt stand was that internal affairs agent.. god forrest whitaker was so annoying.

Last edited:
Just caught up on TCC today (clearing off the DVR). I'm actually pretty impressed. Aside from The Walking Dead, this may be my favorite new drama of the year (still searching for a workable replacement for 24 -- this may be the best bet).

Reminds me a bit of The Departed -- it has a Scorsese feel to it.

SnakeDoc

I am still digging this show. I have been hearing it is "on the bubble" for getting renewed next year. I hope so because I am really enjoying this show.

Back