How fast will Sith Ani sell out?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since we love this topic so much I figured I'd get it started.

I heard it will be a larger than normal edition size but the non-attendee won't last longer than 5 minutes. Figure maybe 300 pieces for us. That's a lot of pissed of Star Wars dorks.

I'll have to see it first to know if I will be pissed when I miss it but if the past figures are any indication.. I will be.

KitFisto said:
When is the pre-order for it?

Dude! THe pre-order's over! DIdn't you get one?

They'll tell us on the 12th. (I said 13th originally, which was wrong, wrong, wrong.)

Last edited:
I'm guessing about a run of 5000 in total. 10% of that (500) to be sold to the non-attendees initially via the pre-order madness (which will last about 10 minutes) and then a ton of them available to wait-list pre-orders afterwards. I just don't see them selling 4500 to SDCC attendees only.

I'm guessing a full run of 2,000, with maybe less than half going to non-A's. Then waitlist gets filled out by no-shows.

FlyAndFight said:
I'm guessing about a run of 5000 in total. 10% of that (500) to be sold to the non-attendees initially via the pre-order madness (which will last about 10 minutes) and then a ton of them available to wait-list pre-orders afterwards. I just don't see them selling 4500 to SDCC attendees only.

I was thinking more like 3500 or so than 5k. Even if its 5k I doubt it lasts 10 mins. There are going to be so many folks going after this with this few available at first that he just won't last double digits. Kit fist lasted 23 mins and had an edition size of 1250 so what do you think 500 Vaders is gonna do. There will be several that go to folks on the wait list as well since like you said not everyone going will pick theirs up.

doesnt really matter how fast its selling out, coz im going to get one, Lord hear me!!!

From rebelscum.com:

In the case of the Darth Vader figure, fear not true believers, Sideshow knows that a lot of collectors are going to want this so they have increased the size of its production run. While it will still be an extremely limited quantity, the production number will be substantially larger than previous exclusives.

I saw that. I'm curious to know how the mod from RS already knows the ES of the Vader piece. Anyways who knows what that means really. Does that mean double what the others have been which would be 3500 or so. 5k? 7k? 10k?

This will be very interesting to see. Realistically how many can they have time to make with so many other figures coming out as well?

Gran3131 said:
This will be very interesting to see. Realistically how many can they have time to make with so many other figures coming out as well?

Well, it depends. Have they been working on him since they announce the regular Anakin way back when or are they just going to start now? 3500-5k I think is the range we are looking at. It could reach what the reguarl Anakins was the non exclusive 7k or something like that. If they go any higher than 5k I think you'll see this one on the second chance or wait list folks getting them for months.

I'm sticking to my initial guess of 5000.

That's a good number for this type of collectible. Sideshow could end up selling 1000+ to SDCC attendees and the balance to non-attendees, if they wanted.

Back