What other companies are making complementary figures for SW 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
We've talked about which Hasbro figures might be needed to fill in an SSC SW collection because it will be a while (if ever) before they get around to making non-standard body types.

Mention of the Koto Grievous got me thinking that there are other companies that have figures that might be complementary to the SSC figures.

I fear that the Koto aren't really 1/6 and are more 1/7 so Grievous may be too short. Bug GG's Salacious Crumb "bust" is the perfect size and would be a excellent supplement to an imagined Jabba throne room display.

Also there's a foam Jabba out there, although I'm not sure if it's licensed or not.

Are there any others?

The Illusive Concepts Jabba is close to perfect scale. It is licensed, though it is no longer produced.

I have had one for a while and it's awesome. I positioned my customized Slave Leia, Bib Fortuna, and C-3PO around it and it looked great.

Sadly, he's in storage due to space issues. :monkey2

But he's my baby. :D

Check out eBay. I'm pretty sure they're going for a steal these days; under $100 in some cases!

And, of course, Marmit's Boba Fett is the gold standard of 12" Star Wars figures. At $100, well worth the price.

I fitted him up on a Dragon body, added the hose to his right gauntlet, put a little wire in his cape for posing, and he stands next to my Sideshow Luke. They look great together, even though the Marmit Fett is from ESB.

I also have that Illusive Concepts JABBA...and yeah, its just about as good as it gets. I splurged for a custom paint job and now he really rocks! He used to hold court with my Hasbro figs; time to change all that.

I've never seen him as low at $100; usually around $300...in fact there's one on eBay for that much right now.

https://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-ILLU...ryZ73559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not certain if these new SS figs will drive his price up...he is the best and probably only 1/6th Jabba that will be seen for quite sometime.

Wor-Gar said:
I also have that Illusive Concepts JABBA...and yeah, its just about as good as it gets. I splurged for a custom paint job and now he really rocks! He used to hold court with my Hasbro figs; time to change all that.

I've never seen him as low at $100; usually around $300...in fact there's one on eBay for that much right now.

https://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-ILLU...ryZ73559QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not certain if these new SS figs will drive his price up...he is the best and probably only 1/6th Jabba that will be seen for quite sometime.

If you look at auctions that have already ended, there's one that sold for a mere $46. :horror
There's no way he's gonna get $300 for it. All the others that have ended have been closer to $100. I don't mind that his value has plummeted. i got him for the joy of it. You must post pics of this custom paint job! I'd love to see!!!

i had a Jabba a long time ago, and gave him to a friend who is a big 1/6 scale collector. Looks like it may be time to revisit this piece and work on the custom throne base I have often dreamed about!

Customikey said:
If you look at auctions that have already ended, there's one that sold for a mere $46. :horror
There's no way he's gonna get $300 for it. All the others that have ended have been closer to $100. I don't mind that his value has plummeted. i got him for the joy of it. You must post pics of this custom paint job! I'd love to see!!!

$46!!!

Man, that hurts. Right now, my Jabba (and an entire display case of Hasbro figs) is sealed behind a massive wall of boxes and toys and junk in my storage closet! I got him before I had a digital camera so I have no pix to post. BUT -- I plan on digging him out soon and I'll take some shots and post them...just for you, Mikey.

Wor-Gar said:
$46!!!

Man, that hurts. Right now, my Jabba (and an entire display case of Hasbro figs) is sealed behind a massive wall of boxes and toys and junk in my storage closet! I got him before I had a digital camera so I have no pix to post. BUT -- I plan on digging him out soon and I'll take some shots and post them...just for you, Mikey.

Thanks. You're the best!
:inlove

I didn't mention the Marmits because SSC will definitely get around to Boba and Stormtroopers. I haven't looked at the scale on those, but aren't the Marmit a bit shorter?

I thought someone mentioned that Koto was doing Greivous? I don't follow that line, so I'm not sure.

Darklord Dave said:
I didn't mention the Marmits because SSC will definitely get around to Boba and Stormtroopers. I haven't looked at the scale on those, but aren't the Marmit a bit shorter?

I thought someone mentioned that Koto was doing Greivous? I don't follow that line, so I'm not sure.

I think Marmits arte pretty well in scale. At least, Marmit Boba on his Dragon body looks fine next to luke and all my custom Star Wars on reg Sideshow bodies.

From what I understand the Koto Greivous was announced at the UK toyfair and has also been listed in the Japanese blogs on Kotos main page. No pics have been shown yet and it was not mentioned at the US toyfair.

I know I've posted this photo before, but here's the GG Salacious Crumb. C-3PO's head looks to be in scale and I really like how it looks next to Luke.

I haven't taken Luke out of the box yet and probably won't since I will get the regular as well. But I do have a Duncan here so I snapped a shot with the Han and Chewie set. They are pretty close in height since Han is leaning over on the shipping crate. I had to put Duncan on something since the height difference of the koto base vs ss stand.

What you couldn't have borrowed one of Josh's nice purty doilies Bob!? :lol :rotfl :monkey3

Koto Grievous eh .... :confused:

It seems all the literature says koto is 1/7th, and Han and Chewie definitely look a bit small with Duncan there. I guess we'll have to wait and see what Greivous looks like, he definitely needs to be bigger and more impressive than Hasblows version though if he's going to fit in with the SSC figures.

Batty,

Cool pic with Salacious, but I love the background art by Frank Miller and Neil Gaiman. Do you support the CBLDF?

Seaward said:
Batty,

Cool pic with Salacious, but I love the background art by Frank Miller and Neil Gaiman. Do you support the CBLDF?
Thanks. I'm a full supporter and member of the CBLDF. The Miller and Gaiman prints are both signed and the proceeds went to the fund.

A better shot of the Frank Miller:

Its hard to say how big kotos are since I dont tink they have made very many figures that are just standing straight like Duncan. Also Duncan is a bit forward in the picture all your probably not going to be using any humans in the first place mostly clones and the like.

Batty said:
Thanks. I'm a full supporter and member of the CBLDF. The Miller and Gaiman prints are both signed and the proceeds went to the fund.

A better shot of the Frank Miller:

Cool print Batty! I sat there looking at them for a while trying to place the art when you posted the Luke image. Great stuff from two of comics brightest stars...

Back