Which one looks more like Liam Neeson?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which head looks more like Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon?

• The left one (modified)

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • The right one (original)

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the consensus was about the likeness of Sideshow's sculpt vs itsalive's photoshop modification.

quigon2fs.jpg

Liam has a tall head. I prefer the hair line on the modification, but I think the compression does him a disservice.

I think SS version is fine. the only thing wrong is the hair line. The other parts of the hair are fine.

The fan version would suggest a VERY tight ponytail to make the hair sit down so flat against the head, which is not the case with qui gon since he never wore a really tight ponytail. also the face is too rounded on the fan made version. I voted for SS.

Not enough options so I couldn't vote.

I found it to be a leading question. Both are a representative of the actor, a likeness, a resemblance. So both.

Then, onward, one is using, what you are purporting is not a close enough likeness, that it is better than the other, but uses modification of the base non-likeness. So neither.

Then there is no third choice, which would be your version, entirely of your own design, that would, purposedly, indicate a closer resemblance than has been done.

Then how about a computer sculted figure, just to show how technology can still not do justice to the actor or the eye.

Then, of course, the old comparison picture of the actor, by which none would be close enough, whether it be computer sculpted or not.

Am I being difficult? Yes I am. Why? Because I see in you, something in myself, which I do not like. I have no beef with you. The beef is with myself. I strive not to judge, but still do. :peace

I vote for Option 3: Who cares?
Remember not too long ago when this was the pinnacle of Star Wars 1/6th?

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5C57131lg.jpg

I thank God for every day he gives me the opportunity NOT to buy Hasbro. YMMV

I think what is really making this one look odd is the fact that the prototype has a seperate hair peice and the fitting is just a little wrong. I wonder if the production peices will be like that?

The hair on the left is by far better...other than that I think the SS version looks just fine.

I prefer the one made by the fan....it even look like a picture of Liam himself !!!

The one on the left looks like he's about to cry to me. Other than that I don't really care enough to get out a reference photo and study it. And I think we all agree on the hair, have faith my friends.

The hair makes a huge difference. Add that hair to the unshrunken head of the original and we'll be closer than either of those two.

I think another key feature of Liam Neeson's head shape is how his forehead slopes back towards the top, when viewed as a profile.

Here are the main reasons why I think the photoshop version looks more like Neeson:

1) The hairline ridge above his forhead is less pronounced.
2) His eyebrows are straightened. (he didn't have those squigly eyebrows)
3) The gap in the middle of the mustache is softer (the gap on the prototype is too wide / too well defined)
4) His pulled back hair is smoother and not bumpy over the ears.
5) The flowing hair widens out in the back like it did throughout the movie and in reference photos.

I do agree that the photoshop's forehead is too small. I'm not sure why he compressed the entire head.

Here is a good comparison to look at which helps show what I'm describing above:

quigon2fs.jpg

qui_gon_jinn.jpg

Back