Which one looks more like Liam Neeson?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which head looks more like Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon?

• The left one (modified)

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • The right one (original)

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
This poll needed two more categories: "I can't tell the difference" and "I think they BOTH look like Neeson". Why does one have to be MORE like Neeson than the other. Neither is perfect, but they're both very good! :peace

JustinLuck said:
Here are the main reasons why I think the photoshop version looks more like Neeson:

1) The hairline ridge above his forhead is less pronounced.
2) His eyebrows are straightened. (he didn't have those squigly eyebrows)
3) The gap in the middle of the mustache is softer (the gap on the prototype is too wide / too well defined)
4) His pulled back hair is smoother and not bumpy over the ears.
5) The flowing hair widens out in the back like it did throughout the movie and in reference photos.

I do agree that the photoshop's forehead is too small. I'm not sure why he compressed the entire head.

It is AMAZING how everyone sees something different and your eye is drawn to those things that make Neeson look like Neeson looks in your own mind! Though, I see it like Justin, and the fan version is a bit closer to how Neeson looks to me. The head is a bit smooshed though. Other than that, all the markers you mentioned are all the things that make Neeson look like Qui-Gon to me!
Im gonna have my first SS figure soon!!! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME!!!!
:banana

EVILFACE said:
Well give youself a cookie.

Mmm, I just did. Those Girl Scout Samoas cannot be beat! :D

2005_03_samoa.jpg

Those aren't called Samoas anymore, they're Caramel Delights. At least, that's what they're called here. Wonder if there were some people from Samoa who took offense...? :rolleyes:

Both pics look like Liam.

Migwit said:
Those aren't called Samoas anymore, they're Caramel Delights. At least, that's what they're called here. Wonder if there were some people from Samoa who took offense...? :rolleyes:

That's funny. Here in California, they used to be called Caramel Delights and are now officially called Samoas. When I ordered the cookies last month, I was corrected by the girl scout troop. I asked for a box of Caramel Delights and they said "Oh, you mean Samoas" as they pointed out the title of the cookie on their order form. When the cookies were delivered this month, indeed, it did say Samoas right on the box.

That SS picture of Qui-Gon is deceptive. Check that QVR of the sculpt again. Its a much better representation and the proportions look much better. Also, as with all the SS figures, they suffer greatly from their paint jobs.

I didn't vote either.

I love the sculpt, I thought the whole point of separate hair was to accomodate falling locks over the face, QGJ doesn't have any falling locks, I'm sure Sideshow wll fix it. The hairline, at least, will look like the Photoshopped version, somehow.

If not, it's Aves and paint time. I'll be absolutely cold-blooded about this.

Batty said:

:horror My GOD.... it's Bea Arthur...LOL. Hide the children.

I voted for the SSC treatment. The hairline is a little raised, but his hair was poofy in the film. His hair was always loosely tied back and should look that way in the sculpt as well. But whatever issues we have with it as collectors will probably be fixed upon production anyway. Either way, the likeness is great and I'm about 90% satisfied. best Qui-Gon so far in my book.

Fantastic, I already have Lincoln. You just saved me another bundle Bob. Hey, are you really Steven Spielberg in disguise? Looks like it really is going to be a great movie after all. I can't think of a better advertisement.

It's freaking me out seeing how closely Neeson's face fits Lincolns. Pay special attention to their lips. Perfect fit!:horror

LOL sorry about the thread Hyjack. I know I didnt even resize the pics found them both on google images and just put them together.

Back