Christmas in July (Vintage Heaven)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

So I thought folks here if anywhere would appreciate this... My co-worker/friend's mom has to sell her house (she's dealing with a medical issue and having a large home with multiple levels is not the best) and thus all of the stuff he had in storage has to go. He called me because he knows about my collection and he asked if I wanted some SW and Transformers stuff that he was just going to toss. I said "sure, if you're just planning on throwing it out". I expected him to show up with a couple of plastic bags of worn out stuff that I'd have to pick through to find one or two pieces that are salvageable for my vintage collection (and G1 collection as he's roughly my age)...

Here's what he dropped off (in a couple of massive bins)-- I didn't bother taking pictures of the G1 stuff as I already quickly went through it and catalogued it (I've now got three Soundwaves and two Optimus Primes and Megatrons :) to name just a few):

I counted-- I only had (before) 32 of these ones (when ROTJ came out I was already heavy into G.I. Joe and my $$ went there... I never had many ROTJ vintage figs... now.. :yess: )

Same group-- different perspective...

Anyway, I was sad to be missing on all the fun at SDCC but my inner Geek just perked up. Thought there might be a few folks here who'd like to see my surprise Christmas in July. Now-- to catalogue everything.

very nice score ..........& for free.............:thud:

any chance some of the yellowing could be scrubbed off or is it the embedded kinda aging yellow gunk?.........:monkey4

:thud:

Nice score! I wish I could luck into something like that.

Thanks-- It was a good day.

very nice score ..........& for free.............:thud:

any chance some of the yellowing could be scrubbed off or is it the embedded kinda aging yellow gunk?.........:monkey4

It's just the transport and the snow speeder and I think a scrubbing might do the trick... The best part is he told me there's still more to come-- and what he's got left is still in original packaging (although I think it's just Power of the Force stuff-- but you never know). Anyway it's all gone to a good home. :hi5:

you definitely have the deal of the day covered..............& quite possibly the rest of the year..........congrats...:clap

& post the additions too............:woo

glad to see Yoda's snake made it through all these years. That was always the first item I'd lose under my tree, in the garden, down the floor vent, etc.

I suddenly want to pull my SW figures out and play with them. Awesome haul there! You know you have a great friend when they supply you with plastic crack, espically vintage.

Great score! Even greater that the perfect conditions allowed for you to use a cheesy title! :lol

Anytime I can use an effective CHEESE title... It must be done. :wink1:

Now I've got to find a way to display all of these and double check to see how much of an almost completed Vintage collection I have.

Anytime I can use an effective CHEESE title... It must be done. :wink1:

Now I've got to find a way to display all of these and double check to see how much of an almost completed Vintage collection I have.

I always thought they looked good hanging on a wall in a shadow box. Keeps them up out of harm's way and warms the heart with nostalgia every time you walk past them. :lol

I always thought they looked good hanging on a wall in a shadow box. Keeps them up out of harm's way and warms the heart with nostalgia every time you walk past them. :lol

Yeah, I've got one of these

Supplies_24FigureCase.jpg

But I've currently got some of my best G.I. Joe's from the early 80's being displayed in it-- besides I think I'd need maybe three or four of them for these SW ones.

I finally had a few spare moments-- (well hours) so I broke out my vintage figs and using REBELSCUM I catalogued the ones that my buddy had given me to see how complete a collection I have...

Here are the results (if anyone is interested or like to share in my joy):

A COMPLETE SW collection (minus only the blue Snaggletooth version)

(add another Leia to that pic as I found another one afterwards)

A COMPLETE ESB collection (here it is along with the SW one):

A COMPLETE ROTJ collection (up to some additional ewoks in '85):

(Jabba and the Rancor counted even though they're not officially figs)

And here they all are in their glory--

Next I'm going to catalogue the ships and playsets... :hi5:

I can post the specific breakdown if anyone cares. :wave

how many times did you accidentally bump that tv tray & have to start the setting up process all over again?................:monkey3

how many times did you accidentally bump that tv tray & have to start the setting up process all over again?................:monkey3

Not even once-- and when my four year old was at her swim lesson my two-year old was helping me as we made it a match game (the REBELSCUM picture on the computer to the figs scattered on a work area)... :wink1:

Back