Crazy Owners Historical Series @ COF-011 宫本武藏 Miyamoto Musashi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Crazy Owners Historical Series @ COF-011 宫本武藏 Miyamoto Musashi

Coming soon from Crazy Owners!!
Looks pretty sweet!!! :rock!
A much better headsculpt than what we've seen in the past!

COF-011.jpg

COF-011-1.jpg

COF-011-2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Crazy Owners Historical Series @ COF-011 宫本武藏 Miyamoto Musashi

:rock :rock :rock

Hell yeah! Count me in.

COF-011.jpg

One of the single greatest swordsmen to have ever lived. Definitely count me in! :drool

Don't know who it is, but I'll get him.

Nice, that is a big step up from this.

DSC_0494.JPG

One of the single greatest swordsmen to have ever lived.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Also a great strategist, and author:

Miyamoto%20Musashi%20-%20A%20Book%20Of%20Five%20Rings.jpg

This book is constantly in print and is even used by executives as a plan for strategy and leadership.

Lived through over 60 duels and invented the two-sword style. Musashi was the man.

This will be my first Crazy Owners figure.

I just watched a documentary about this guy a couple weeks ago. He was indeed one bad mofo :lecture

I just watched a documentary about this guy a couple weeks ago. He was indeed one bad mofo :lecture

Yup. I was actually surprised just how many of his techniques are still utilized and practiced in Kendo and Kenjutsu today.

i read the book of five rings and hagakure alone at enryaku-ji on mount hiei, christmas day many years ago. just sat there in the snow and mist and fog, hardly anyone around and just kept reading. one of the most spiritual days of my life, and those books changed the way i looked at life. and i was so pumped up by miyamoto's words, at nightfall i beat up 32 monks in less than 3 hours. well, at least one half of that story is true. this figure looks awesome! anyone know any preorder places yet?

Musashi!! Hells yes!! I'm in. The only thing that would be better would be a Mifune Musashi from Samurai I, II and III :rock

Don't know who he is but this thread definitely makes me want to find out. Is there an authoritative biography anyone recommends or should I just jump into the Book of Five Rings?

This looks great. I will definitely try to get one!:rock

Edit: For anyone interested in reading a good fiction on Musashi, check out the manga Vagabond. I really hope they make Sasaki Kojiro as well!:D

Don't know who he is but this thread definitely makes me want to find out. Is there an authoritative biography anyone recommends or should I just jump into the Book of Five Rings?

There was a novel that the film trilogy was based on, but I don't know how accurate it is. Book of Five Rings is philosophy so it won't tell you much about his life (other than what he learned from it).

My introduction to Musashi was actually a Time Machine/Choose Your Own Adventure book I got at a book fair in 3rd Grade. It was called "Sword of The Samurai":

n46745.jpg

You travel back in time to retrieve his sword. And... there are Ninjas. :rock

Seriously, though, the man was a badass. If you're at all interested in Japanese/Samurai culture or history you absolutely need to know about him.

Musashi is definitely a badass! Hey Chase, what documentary did you watch?

The movies Samurai I, II and III would be a good place to start, or at least an entertaining place to start. Book of the Five Rings is a very interesting read but it's not going to tell you much about his life.... Still worth reading, no doubt!

Fair enough. As you can tell I'm a big Mifune fan so the fictional version would be grail level win for me :rock

Honestly, this version will fill the samurai void in my collection quite nicely though!

I can't help but look at your sig and want to see Blondie walking out the door in the middle. :lol

Back