Star Wars in 3D or Lucas pulls out the milking stool..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spartan Rex

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lucas Calls for Star Wars 3D
The bearded one says Avatar has finally made it possible.
by Jim Vejvoda

January 19, 2010 - George Lucas thinks the time has come for Star Wars to get the 3D treatment.

Although the filmmaker has been looking for a way to revisit the trilogies in 3D for some time now, it appears that the phenomenal success of the 3D sci-fi epic Avatar has finally pushed it closer to becoming a reality.

"[I'm] happy it's so successful, and worked very well in 3D," Lucas told Access Hollywood at Sunday's Golden Globes after party. "Haven't been a big fan of 3D, but that movie definitely improves in (the field of) 3D."

Lucas added, "We've been looking for years and years and years of trying to take Star Wars and put it in 3D ... But, [the] technology hasn't been there. We've been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen."

Yep, even though I'm not a big fan of the SE changes... I'll still be down for some theatrical 3D Star Wars goodness :rock :rock

Is this gonna be a new movie or are they gonna re-vamp the older ones to be all 3d and shat??

If that's the case...count me out....I'm not gonna pay to see the same movie over and over again. I mean...I've already seen them a thousand times!!!

Lucas....don't u fail us again!

Is this gonna be a new movie or are they gonna re-vamp the older ones to be all 3d and shat??

If that's the case...count me out....I'm not gonna pay to see the same movie over and over again. I mean...I've already seen them a thousand times!!!

Lucas....don't u fail us again!

Again?:confused::confused:

yeah, what sad excuse for a star wars fan would actually have a problem with more star wars?

i'd even see Ep 2 again to see it in 3D. The hot rod chase, Slave I, and the arena sequences in 3D are worth the torture of the bad dialog.

Back