Soldier Story CIA SAD Night Ops Ver. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
I missed out on the 1st one, glad they made a Ver.2. Not a big deal on the balaclava. Looks like this will be my first Soldier Story purchase.

20100109_def413dd126f071691b6dU04JtxPZoCl.jpg

Men in black sell well apparently, he definately looks like a bad Mofo. I really like the unique headsculpt, but wished SS could have given him a H&K USP Compact, instead of the dime a dozen M9's. He'll go great with my v.1.

There are a lot of toy companies making a lot of very cool military/law enforcement figures now.

When I first started collecting, I dreamed of figures like these. I went out of my way to buy 5 or 6 different figures to try to make something similar. Nothing even close to these, obviously.

I certainly wish I were still collecting these. They are incredible!

Those sticks on his back are bolt cutters ! plus he's got 2 m9's and the shotty with removable shells and the HK. He is armed to the teeth :D

I got mine from MD, he definately kicks butt. I really like the poop eating grin he has, good for a bad guy custom. Tons of cool gear, the shotty is sick and has some good heft to it.

I dont need this figure...I dont need this figure...I dont need this figure

Maybe we should start a support group.

And it should be soon or I will need an intervention.

Edit - I do want to make a single criticism about this figure.

The camera is too big and looks goofy. It may or may not be accurate to real life. But if it is, I can honestly say that I would not be caught dead going in to a tactical situation with one of those on my helmet. A much smaller one maybe, but not that one. I can see it sticking up beyond the cover that I have taken such as over a box or into a doorway giving advance notice that I might be stiking my head out in a second.

Last edited:
Maybe we should start a support group.

And it should be soon or I will need an intervention.

Edit - I do want to make a single criticism about this figure.

The camera is too big and looks goofy. It may or may not be accurate to real life. But if it is, I can honestly say that I would not be caught dead going in to a tactical situation with one of those on my helmet. A much smaller one maybe, but not that one. I can see it sticking up beyond the cover that I have taken such as over a box or into a doorway giving advance notice that I might be stiking my head out in a second.

Circa '86? :dunno

Yeah, I don't know why they did that. I have a rail/helmet mounted camera that's about the size of a small tactical Surefire. The resolution is just fine too. That's obnoxiously large and likely to paint a target on your ass (or forehead). I'd like to think that if they actually used those, they were mounted on the shoulder or gun and not in place of NOGs.

Just finished putting mine together last night (took three nights to do it, I'm a military gear noob) and he looks awesome. Definitely digging all of the black ops stuff coming out recently....

Anyone knows if the Loading Toys Matt Damon HS or the Enterbay Jack Bauer HS will fit on the Soldier Story bodies?

CIA SAD Night Ops GET ! Here is a photo review. I'm going to separate the pictures into 2 post, showing his uniform and then gear.

DSCN4235.jpg

DSCN4247.jpg

The soldier Story body is very tall, its taller than the True type and also a little wider
DSCN4252.jpg

The head sculpt has a very unique expression. It kinda looks like he took his gas mask off a little too soon.
DSCN4289.jpg

I think the sculpt was supposed to look like Gerard Butler but they didn't quite pull it off.
DSCN4300.jpg

Some people have complained the Soldier Story sculpts are smaller than standard 1:6 sculpts. But when they are all kitted up with equipment and head gear they look very proportional
DSCN4342.jpg

DSCN43472.jpg

I really like his utility jacket. Its got tons of zippers
DSCN4363.jpg

DSCN4398.jpg

DSCN4388.jpg

Back