Can the holiday season slow down mail delivery at the post office?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
someone sent me a check in the mail for something i sold to him, he must have sent it at least a week and a half ago, or even 2 weeks, but i havent received it yet. ussually it takes aty most a week for mail to get to me from anywhere in the states. i am wondering, could this delay have anything to do with the holiday rush at the post office? im sure it got very busy, but is it normal for some mail to take that long to get to me if it was sent during the christmas season?

What's wrong with the answer you got?

It's true. I had a next-day delivery take a week over Christmas once. Bad weather will do it too.

hell yeah.....all these people sending things like christmas and business thank you cards plug up the whole friggin system. not to mention all the extra advertisments and junk mail that gets sent out this time of year.

thank god it's over for another 6 months before they start bombarding us again with this shat.:duh

i actually have a couple of items i've purchased from fellow freaks that i requested they please hang onto them until the 8th-11th before they ship them out so i don't have to worry about them getting lost in the trainwreck we all call usps or canada post.

There was an extra push at the PO to keep everything moving---You should have had letter by now--

There was an extra push at the PO to keep everything moving---You should have had letter by now--

what extra push?

also, if someone sends you a check or MO, and lets say it gets lost, is it possible to cancel the check or MO (if you have the receipt for the MO) so that noone cashes it and the sender could send another check or MO?

shipping over the Holiday sux. I've been in there 3X over the holiday break and each time there were no less than 20-30 people waiting in line, translating to a good 30-45 minute wait in line. And the 2 people they have working are in absolutely no rush to keep the line moving quickly and almost seem to get enjoyment/satisfaction at the growing line and increasingly impatient people standing in line. I hate the frickin' post office, always try to ship UPS if I can, and always try to buy postage online so I can skip the line. It's almost become worse than the DMV

Just think of how efficient the healthcare system will be ran once the government takes it over. :lol and :monkey2, but mostly :monkey2

Yes it can. Thnx for asking.

Mod, close thread.

I mailed a package 3 day priority mail on the 21st and the person didnt get it till the 31st.

my bills make it to me at lightning speed...............:mad:

Back