Best place to buy HT Truetype bodies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.D.H.

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've got a Hot Toys DX Joker on the way in the post, and I'd like to get another body to display his cop uniform on, but I can't find any where that's decently priced. The cheapest I can seem to find is around 45-50 dollars shipped. And I see some posts on here from members saying they get the truetypes for as low as like 30 bucks. So anybody got any info to reliable(and cheap) websites that sell true-types? I'm looking for a narrow shoulder for the cop, but I'm not picky, a standard would suffice.

Good Luck...the narrow shoulders, especially, are becoming really rare right now. I've had good success with these:

https://legendshobbies.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/31_29/products_id/2495

They're about the same as the Truetypes, use the same wrist pegs and foot pegs. The color is a bit light, but for the Joker where the body is covered up anyway and he's using gloves, it would be fine. Honestly, aside from the color, I think these are on par or maybe better than the TT.

I know sideshow had them for $30 since I got one and I am hoping they get more because I need another one as well.

Once TrueTypes sell out, they go up in price...it's unfortunate that they are not always readily available but that's just the way it goes.

You can still get TT's cheap off ebay loose.

I wouldn't pay too much over retail for them. They will be releasing more.

hot toys seems to do a new run of truetype bodies once ever 12-18 months, NEVER pay inflated evilbay prices unless you simply must. just wait, and a new batch will be released.

Now that the above vendors have been mentioned here - I doubt they'll have some for long. I've been stocking up myself, so I'll have them whenever I need them.

Honestly, aside from the color, I think these are on par or maybe better than the TT.

I've considered getting the TTL bodies and just haven't really heard anything about them. Why would you consider them better than the TT? Are the joints better. Just curious.

Somebody above mentioned monkey depot, which looks like a good place, but then shipping is like 11 bucks(!!!) for just the body sent...so that's $46 for one truetype....is that how much I should expect to pay, or should I wait?

For the record, I will NOT pay ebay prices, 50 dollars plus shipping.

whoah - $11 is steep for something that light. $30 is regular price for a truetype. it's your call if you want to pay anything above that.

btw - Merry Christmas to all you freaks!!! hope you all get what you wanted and were able to return the favor to someone else!

If you are collector or always you like to make a extra figure like a kitbash is better heve few estra TTHTB.

HT has just debuted the new body too - so those are likely to be solicited soon. It might be best to just wait for them as they are superior to what's currently available.

Somebody above mentioned monkey depot, which looks like a good place, but then shipping is like 11 bucks(!!!) for just the body sent...so that's $46 for one truetype....is that how much I should expect to pay, or should I wait?

For the record, I will NOT pay ebay prices, 50 dollars plus shipping.

Not true. I just received 2 TTs that I ordered a couple days ago and both were shipped for $8.95 FedEx. I had tried adding more bodies too and the shipping didn't move or barely moved to more than that. Anything I've received from Monkey Depot has been shipped dirt cheap.

I've considered getting the TTL bodies and just haven't really heard anything about them. Why would you consider them better than the TT? Are the joints better. Just curious.

Honestly I think they're made of a better plastic than the TT, which I know is sacrilegious...but I think it's true. Also the shoulders seem to be able to fold closer across the chest than the TT. Add that to the fact that they're a heck of a lot cheaper, and they've got my vote. Don't get me wrong, TT are still a GREAT body...but I like these too.

Not true. I just received 2 TTs that I ordered a couple days ago and both were shipped for $8.95 FedEx. I had tried adding more bodies too and the shipping didn't move or barely moved to more than that. Anything I've received from Monkey Depot has been shipped dirt cheap.

I'm glad you think I'm lying. :D

In any event, I just went through the entire process of checking out at Monkey Depot, and I only put 1 narrow shoulder truetype in the cart. Total was $44.28. The shipping would be 9.33 for the cheapest, which is fedex home delivery. All apologies for being 2 dollars off. :banghead I could have sworn it said 11 last I checked. Any way you slice it though, it's almost 45 bucks for a naked doll. LOL

I think I'll wait until a better deal comes along. I'm not in any rush, I think my cop parts can lie in wait. The shipping charges would be worthwhile if they stayed at the same rate after I ordered more, but as it stands, UI'm only interested in getting 1 body.

I'm glad you think I'm lying. :D

In any event, I just went through the entire process of checking out at Monkey Depot, and I only put 1 narrow shoulder truetype in the cart. Total was $44.28. The shipping would be 9.33 for the cheapest, which is fedex home delivery. All apologies for being 2 dollars off. :banghead I could have sworn it said 11 last I checked. Any way you slice it though, it's almost 45 bucks for a naked doll. LOL

I think I'll wait until a better deal comes along. I'm not in any rush, I think my cop parts can lie in wait. The shipping charges would be worthwhile if they stayed at the same rate after I ordered more, but as it stands, UI'm only interested in getting 1 body.

Just a correction my friend. :D Many people strictly go on what they read in these threads, so I had to give my accurate account. I like to pick up parts at Monkey Depot from time to time and they are one of the best to get those much needed loose pieces.

The best place to pick up just one TT would probably be Vikings Playground or EBay. If you're looking for multiples try Toy Anxiety or Legends Toys and Hobbies, since the first offers great discounts on shipping and the latter free shipping for $150 or more order.

Honestly I think they're made of a better plastic than the TT, which I know is sacrilegious...but I think it's true. Also the shoulders seem to be able to fold closer across the chest than the TT. Add that to the fact that they're a heck of a lot cheaper, and they've got my vote. Don't get me wrong, TT are still a GREAT body...but I like these too.

Are the joints tighter and do they come apart without any consideration of breakage? That's my main concern. I've noticed the knee joints are weak on TTs when you try to take the joints out. As long as the joints are strong, I'll pick the TTL bodies up to save some $$$.

Back