Anyone ever try to dispute a photo radar ticket?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got my first one. It was in a school zone too, I was on my lunch break picking up some food, very distracted from something that happened at work that day, and wasn't paying attention to how fast I was driving when I noticed the flashes. There weren't any "photo radar ahead" signs, which I thought there had to be when using photo radar. I even went back afterwards and got a video of the photo radar van and the lack of signs. I was just wondering if I have any shot of disputing this or not.

So far I've only got the letter in the mail, with my face clearly visible as the driver. I haven't had a ticket in almost 10+ years, so traffic school is still an option, but I've heard people ignoring them and waiting to get served by a court processor, and the whole "legality" of photo radar brought into question.

Anyone have any personal experience in regards to photo radar?

I've known a few people that got them that were unable to beat them and had to pay the fine (of course these were all running red light situations...I've not known anyone that's gotten them due to speeding, so perhaps there's a way to beat it). It sounds like you're pretty sure you were in the wrong though (ie: you admit that due to distraction you ended speeding in a school zone), so why not just go to traffic school and pay the fine?

Damn the man....!!

Its like their cheating these days. I never have had experience with a photo ticket, but good luck to ya. Its pretty freakin crappy you can't just look out for cops anymore...

Isn't there privacy concerns with them taking pictures of you without your consent, or do we not have those rights anymore either :confused:

Damn the man....!!

Its like their cheating these days. I never have had experience with a photo ticket, but good luck to ya. Its pretty freakin crappy you can't just look out for cops anymore...

Isn't there privacy concerns with them taking pictures of you without your consent, or do we not have those rights anymore either :confused:

Do they even have them around these parts Prax? The concept is pretty shaddy and ????ty.

I normally don't speed too much. I tend to go with the flow of traffic. On this specific date I was having personnel issues and was pretty upset with how to handle the situation, that was probably why I was going too fast. I won't post my speed, but the ticket is for $261, AND I'm not sure what that will do to my insurance because I may be in the "criminal speed" category. School zones are only 25 mph, even though there weren't any students on the street at this time.

You're screwed, unless you get in front of a very lenient judge, which I dont think there are any in AZ.

if you break the law, pay the fine. it doesn't matter if you "rarely" speed or their weren't students present at the time. be a man and take your medicine.

Do they even have them around these parts Prax? The concept is pretty shaddy and ????ty.

If we don't in this general area i'm pretty sure they are coming... probably not as much as your typical big city, but im sure the larger intersections will have them. If work with Penndot off and on next time I do I'll check... and find out where they are too :lol

If we don't in this general area i'm pretty sure they are coming... probably not as much as your typical big city, but im sure the larger intersections will have them. If work with Penndot off and on next time I do I'll check... and find out where they are too :lol

Sweet! I need to know. LOL! :rock

1. You were in a school zone

2. You were apparently grossly over the limit

3. You were in a school zone

1+2+3= U R ????ED!

I normally don't speed too much. I tend to go with the flow of traffic. On this specific date I was having personnel issues and was pretty upset with how to handle the situation, that was probably why I was going too fast. I won't post my speed, but the ticket is for $261, AND I'm not sure what that will do to my insurance because I may be in the "criminal speed" category. School zones are only 25 mph, even though there weren't any students on the street at this time.

I just missed criminal speed on my only ticket, going 70 in a 50mph area. Are school zones in AZ always 25mph? Here it is only from 7-9am and 2-4pm. The rest of the time it is usually 35-45.

1. You were in a school zone

2. You were apparently grossly over the limit

3. You were in a school zone

1+2+3= U R ????ED!

Yeah, when I did defensive driving for my ticket, the instructor made a comment how everybody gasps when you say you got your ticket in a school zone.:lol:lol:lol

Next time wear a mask. I remember reading about a guy who would put on a Nixon mask to beat the photo radar. If I remember correctly I dont think they were able to charge him.

I suppose you could go to court and plead your case (do they even have court for speeders caught on photo?). You might get a sympathetic judge. Plus since you've had a good driving record for a while that might help you.

Found this about Arizona speeding laws...

Arizona already has a two level speeding statute which makes it a civil violation to be driving at a speed up to nineteen miles-an-hour over the speed limit and a criminal speeding statute which covers people driving at twenty miles-an-hour or more over the posted speed limit.

If you do end up not beating this ticket your insurance will most likely go up. Though you might get a break if you go to traffic school. I know my insurance went up when I received a speeding ticket over 6 years ago (though I am in California...so different rules/laws), but it wasn't a HUGE amount.

Next time wear a mask. I remember reading about a guy who would put on a Nixon mask to beat the photo radar. If I remember correctly I dont think they were able to charge him.
200904251618430903.jpg

Im curious to know who the ticket was written out to. Im lmao wondering if it was written out to MM.

Back