Doom will get more Sideshow love!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMadTitan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I missed out on the fantastic Dr. Doom Premium Format which was released a few years ago. Your Doom PF is the best rendition of the Marvel infamous villain! Are there any plans of making more Dr. Doom in other areas: Comiquette, VS Diorama, or even 1:1 Life-sized bust? The Monarch of Latveria needs more Sideshow love!

Doom will return! Mere mortals cannot know when Doom will strike, or where, but Doom WILL return!

I love your line of Marvel Comiquettes and I have the Ghost Rider and Pre-ordered the Punisher. I was wondering if a few of my other favorites would be hitting the Comiquette line, like Thor, Daredevil, Dr. Doom or Silver Surfer?

All of the characters that you list are rather sure bets. Some are coming in 2010, and some will come a bit later.

Check it out, guys!! We will be most likely seeing a Dr. Doom Comiquette from Sideshow in a near future! I am so excited. I wish the Dr. Doom Comiquette will look as amazing as the Classic Iron Man Comiquette. This is a great awesome news! :gun

NOTHING will dethrone the original Doom.

Comiquette will. All the comiquettes look better than the PF's.

Elektra comiquette> Elektra PF
Wolverine comiquette> Wolverine PF
Punisher comiquette> Punisher PF
White Queen comiquette> White Queen PF
Mystique comiquette> Mystique PF (This one is close. The PF does look great but, AH! + white dress gives the comiquette a slight edge.)

I'm sure when the Spidey, Hulk, and Doom comiquettes are released they will OWN ALL of their PF counterparts.:D

Mystique comiquette> Mystique PF (This one is close. The PF does look great but, AH! + white dress gives the comiquette a slight edge.)

I'm sure when the Spidey, Hulk, and Doom comiquettes are released they will OWN ALL of their PF counterparts.:D

Good Points, filip! I am a big comiquette fan too! I'd love to see the sculpted cape on Dr. Doom from Sideshow

Good Points, filip! I am a big comiquette fan too! I'd love to see the sculpted cape on Dr. Doom from Sideshow

I think it will look fantastic. This one has to be a standing pose. I didn't like the PF at all. Silly cloth cape and hood along with the seated pose just killed it for me. Bowens Doom is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. A smug king standing on his castle, overlooking his subjects with his sculpted cape blowing in the wind. That will OWN the Doom PF.

I think it will look fantastic. This one has to be a standing pose. I didn't like the PF at all. Silly cloth cape and hood along with the seated pose just killed it for me. Bowens Doom is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. A smug king standing on his castle, overlooking his subjects with his sculpted cape blowing in the wind. That will OWN the Doom PF.

That will be a sweet Doom Comiquette! Standing pose at 1:4 scale is a must this time!

Very good and valid point. I agree.

OK point by point here is my take on your list.

elektra com vs pf could be a draw in alot of peoples minds, i have both pf's and hope to get both com's also, i like both representations

Wolverine com vs pf remains to be seen, but imo just from the pics the pf could very well be better, but since no one has seen the final piece or have it in hand to compare it's not fair to judge them yet.

Punisher, i have never had the pf version of this, but imo i would tend to go more towards the realistic version than the roided up comic version

Emma, come on now is that really even fair to compare them two.:lol:lol if the pf would of even been 1/2 as good as the mystique pf, i don't think it would be a contest.

Mystique both are great looking pieces and niether imo are better than another since they are two totally different takes on the character.

so imo other than Emma:lol your choices could easily go either way depending on which version you perfer.

I don't think the Doom comiquette will be better than the PF...... I think the insane detail on the throne will be something that will NEVER be matched.....

I don't think the Doom comiquette will be better than the PF...... I think the insane detail on the throne will be something that will NEVER be matched.....

I fully agree i was floored when i opened mine i'd seen pictures but when you have it infront of you it's out of this world!

Do you guys think that a standing pose like this will be cool as a Comiquette?
2zdt0fk.jpg

OK point by point here is my take on your list.

elektra com vs pf could be a draw in alot of peoples minds, i have both pf's and hope to get both com's also, i like both representations

Wolverine com vs pf remains to be seen, but imo just from the pics the pf could very well be better, but since no one has seen the final piece or have it in hand to compare it's not fair to judge them yet.

Punisher, i have never had the pf version of this, but imo i would tend to go more towards the realistic version than the roided up comic version

Emma, come on now is that really even fair to compare them two.:lol:lol if the pf would of even been 1/2 as good as the mystique pf, i don't think it would be a contest.

Mystique both are great looking pieces and niether imo are better than another since they are two totally different takes on the character.

so imo other than Emma:lol your choices could easily go either way depending on which version you perfer.

I have to disagree. IMHO here's why.

Elektra PF has a horrible pose. She's bent over too far. Her teeth look funny and don't get me started on her hair. Any statue with hair on it is a massive fail for me. Leave the hair for Barbie dolls.

As for the Wolverine PF: spandex doesn't do it for me. Looks cheap and silly. The blue huggies he's wearing have got to go as well. All the muscle definition is lost on a sculpt when spandex or cloth is used. I just looked at the 360 and I think if SS would have used leather instead of spandex, the piece would have looked pretty good. Pose on the PF is solid. Ray's comiquette has none of these issues for me and just looks nasty good.

The Punisher PF is too skinny. The legs on that piece are akward. I own the piece because I dig the character. It doesn't look bad but pales in comparision to the comiquette. I will be ditching my PF when the comiquette is released. Frank is a big mean nasty SOB and the comiquette captures that perfectly. This is the best Punisher piece ever made IMHO. The wait for this piece is killing me.

The Emma PF just blows.:lol You are right, this topic isn't even fair.

Last but not least is the Mystique PF. This is a KILLER statue. I own it. I love it. I also have the AH! comiquette on the way. This one is a matter of tastes. Modern vs classic. I give the edge to the classic white dress version. However, I will not part with the PF. It doesn't have real hair or spandex on it so she's a keeper.:rolleyes: If push came to shove and I could only keep one, I would go with the AH! comiquette.

I have decided I will not be picking up any more PF statues from SS. The format just doesn't work for me. Hair, spandex, and cloth just don't belong on a statue I want to display. I will just wait for the comiquette version of the characters I like.

Now I just need someone to keep me away from my computer when the Sabretooth PF goes up for sale. If SS uses leather for his costume then I am in serious trouble.:naughty

Back