Favorite The Beatles Album and Song

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Beatles album

• Please Please Me, With The Beatles, or A Hard Day's Night

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Beatles For Sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help!

• Rubber Soul

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Revolver

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • The Beatles (White Album)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Abbey Road

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Let It Be

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Other

• Total voters

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did a search, surprised nothing came up about a fave Beatles album or song thread.

I've been revisiting my love for The Beatles with the recently released Remastered discs and The Beatles Rock Band, the experience of which is reminding me of the times when my mom (a huge Beatles fan) played the vinyls for me when I was a kid. I picked up a few of the stereo remasters last week and liked them so much that I ordered the mono box set a couple days ago.

So, what is your favorite Beatles album and song? The poll above is for the albums only, for obvious reasons. Because the maximum allowed poll options is ten, I combined the first three Beatles albums into one poll option (if you choose one of the three, please say which in your post). I know it's a really clumsy way to handle it, but there's only ten spots.

Also, the poll includes their U.K. studio albums, not compilations, EPs, individual Beatle albums, or albums from other regions (that's what the "other" poll option is for).

My favorites:

Album: Abbey Road
Song: A Day In The Life

My favorite album is also Abbey Road, but favorite song. . .hmm, not sure on that one. I would probably spend hours debating myself before I could choose just one. But some favorites off the top of my head are Fool on the Hill, Mother Nature's Son, Something, Happiness Is a Warm Gun. . .I could go on and on.

My favorite opening of any song period (Beatles or otherwise) is from You Never Give Me Your Money. Just a perfect melody, IMO.

Definitely one of my top 2 bands of all time. . .though I might like the Police a tad bit more.

Rubber Soul, Abbey Road or Sgt Peppers .... I can't decide. :dunno

In My Life is my fave song though, no question. :cool:

I had to go other. My favorite Beatles album is definitely "1". It has so many of the songs I love all in one place.

As for favorite song its a tie between "Hey Jude" and "Let it Be".

I just noticed that I left out Yellow Submarine from the poll. Woops :lol Would anyone actually vote for it?

Abbey Road is my favorite album. All the songs are great. I especially like how the second side from the album is one huge medley. My favorite song without a doubt is A Day In The Life. From beginning to end it's just epic.

Doubtful :lol

Surprised Revolver hasn't gotten any love yet. I saw some list of "greatest albums of all time" years ago, and it was first.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZAxNcWLx6hw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZAxNcWLx6hw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Singling out just one song would be too hard...

Top 3 then?

Abbey Road is my favorite album. All the songs are great. I especially like how the second side from the album is one huge medley. My favorite song without a doubt is A Day In The Life. From beginning to end it's just epic.

A Day In The Life

Yeah! To be honest though, I don't think I liked A Day In The life when I first heard it quite a while ago. I felt Paul's part of the song didn't quite fit with the rest. But over the years, I've grown extremely fond of the entire piece.

And Magical Mystery Tour :horror

Yeah...I intentionally left that one out. In my defense, Magical Mystery Tour started out as a rather short EP (I know it's now an official part of their album catalogue). I guess it'll have to go into the "other" category here.

Don't think I can pick top 3 albums let alone top 3 songs....tooooo many of both. They defined my teen years....spilled onto the scene when I turned 13 and broke up just before I turned 20. I remember every song/album from the perspective of what was happening in my life. The nostalgia is nearly overwhelming.

Albums:
Let It Be
Abby Road
Sgt Pepper
Rubber Soul
all the rest of them

Songs:
And I Love Her (one of the pure simple early songs, but it won me over to them in the first place)
Let It Be
Come Together
I Am the Walrus
Hey Jude
Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Eleanore Rigby
Imagine (although, it's really not "Beatles" :()
Get Back
Fool on the Hill

Last edited:
my favorite album is Please Please Me because it shows even in the beginning that their songs were just full of energy and hard work into making music that everybody could enjoy

favorite song is "I Need You"

but i think there best album is Abbey Road hands down

Hmmm.. let's see... my fave album would have to be THE WHITE ALBUM... My fave song is probably DON'T LET ME DOWN (great melody, powerful vocals.. it has it all).

But, I really, really love early Beatles stuff.. this is difficult.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IxLnIRVVwIM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IxLnIRVVwIM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IxLnIRVVwIM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IxLnIRVVwIM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Not much of a Beatles fan, but I like Helter Skelter, While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Revolution 9 so I guess it would be the white album.

Back