Nickelodeon -- The 90s are All That!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What 90s Nick show would you most want in the line up?

• Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Clarissa Expains it All

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • The Secret World of Alex Mack

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Rugrats

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Doug

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The Legend of the Hidden Temple

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Ren and Stimpy

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Hey Dude

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Roundhouse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

BuffBuff

Capitalist ex-demon
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone A. knows of this or B. cares... but for those twentysomethings like myself who grew up watching shows on Nickeodeon (or really anyone who knew decent kid/pre-teen television in the 90s) like Doug, All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Clarissa Explains it All, and many more... TeenNick will be re-running many of our favorite classics during a special time block starting this fall!! :clap

Here's a link for anyone who wants to read a bit more:
https://www.nickandmore.com/2011/03/10/nick-upfront-2011-the-90s-are-all-that-coming-to-teennick/

I, for one, will be setting my dvr to record the likes of Salute Your Shorts, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, and/or the Adventures of Pete and Pete! That is, if the better half allows me to take up 80% of the space on the dvr, haha.

I certainly miss the days of quality cartoons and pre-teen television. I long for singing along to "Log" during Ren & Stimpy or having the pants scared off of me while watching Are You Afraid of the Dark? during 2 awesome hours of SNICK. And the big orange couch! Where have you gone?

I hold on tight to my childhood memories of Nickelodeon in the 90s; Of thinking I could kick everyone's arse in Wild and Crazy Kids if just given the chance... that I could put together the Shrine of the Silver Monkey ALOT FASTER THAN THE IDIOT TAKING 5 MINUTES TO PUT THREE PIECES TOGETHER!! :gah: And now I rejoice in getting to relive some of that again this fall. I don't even care if every single one of these shows now seem cheesy in their quality compared to today's standards. I don't care if the plots are horrible, if the acting is less than par. I welcome it, because frankly... it's better than what the kids are watching today. That's my opinion and im sticking to it.

** NOTE: for the poll, there are just WAY to many show options to put, and i know i have left many good choices off the list of 10, so voice your opinion on which show if it's not listed there :)

BuffBuff, are we friends yet?!?

Because if not, friend request sent. :lol :rock

This has "win" written all over it. I loved so many of those shows. I have episodes of Doug on my phone!!! :lol Some of my favs were: Doug, Salute Your Shorts, Pete and Pete, Secret World of Alex Mack, Ahhh! Real Monsters, All-That, and I know I'm missing some. Hey Dude!!! too! :rock

Cannot wait for this!

No Double Dare option? WTF? I guess they didn't want to include shows that also existed in the 80s, but damn. That show defined Nickelodeon to me as a kid. That and "You Can't Do That on Television."

No Double Dare option? WTF? I guess they didn't want to include shows that also existed in the 80s, but damn. That show defined Nickelodeon to me as a kid. That and "You Can't Do That on Television."

Ooooo, totally forgot about Double Dare. That would be a must as well.

No question Salute Your Shorts was a huge fav of mine from that era of Nickelodeon. I also had a crush on Melissa Joan Hart on Clarissa Explains It All...used enjoy Hey Dude, Double Dare, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Doug, and Rugrats (to a lesser degree than the others).

i HAD salute your shorts up in the poll, but to give it a bit of variety, i replaced it. it was hard to do, believe me! salute your shorts is AWESOME! :rock who among us does not love budnik, donkeylips or zeke the plumber???

alas, many good shows could not fit in the poll. i should create another poll ... *scratches chin*

Sorry Buff, I thought you were copying a list of shows from the other site you were linking to, not that you created this yourself. :lol

I started tuning out of Nickelodeon in the 90s, so I'm not the person to make such judgments. I remember the shows, but mostly because my sister watched them.

I'm glad to see that there are not just really old people here. Nickelodeon in the 90s for me me was like peanut butter and ladies. :lecture

I'd probably go with "Doug", but I think Disney owns his ass now. If I had to make a second choice it'd have to be "Are You Afraid of the Dark".

I think "Salute Your Shorts" and "Pete and Pete" should be on this list.

Didn't watch Clarissa or Alex Mack, but I watched the rest along with Rocko's Modern Life, You can't say that on TV, and Double Dare as well. And Nick Arcade with Geordi Laforge.

Oh yea and Pete and Pete and Salute Your SHorts, remember Donkey Lips wanted to make a musical version of RotJ and Zeek the Plumber?

BuffBuff, are we friends yet?!?

Because if not, friend request sent. :lol :rock

This has "win" written all over it. I loved so many of those shows. I have episodes of Doug on my phone!!! :lol Some of my favs were: Doug, Salute Your Shorts, Pete and Pete, Secret World of Alex Mack, Ahhh! Real Monsters, All-That, and I know I'm missing some. Hey Dude!!! too! :rock

Cannot wait for this!

Chapt... we're friends now! :hi5:

Yeah, i'm definitely looking forward to the fall season even more now. The list of shows right now that they're considering right now are
Block to Include Nickelodeon Live-Action and Animated Series Kenan & Kel, The Amanda Show, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Rocket Power, Clarissa Explains it All and All That

I really do hope they change that list up a bit. Personally, i dont/didnt like the Amanda Show. Amanda Bynes is annoying at that age to me. Also, there are many other shows from Nick in the 90s that i want to watch before Kenan & Kel.

I'd probably go with "Doug", but I think Disney owns his ass now. If I had to make a second choice it'd have to be "Are You Afraid of the Dark".

I think "Salute Your Shorts" and "Pete and Pete" should be on this list.

This :lecture Seriously though Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life and Are You Afraid of the Dark were my favorite Nick shows back in the day. I feel so old now.

Back