Scariest horror movie scenes.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
No matter how many times I see it anytime a character closes a mirror and there is something behind them or in the mirror it scares the crap out of me. Even if I saw the movie a million times before. The "Unborn" got me when the boy was twisted up in the mirror. What scenes get you every time?

The Others the bit where she is pushing the door and keeps doing it until it slams really hard almost made my heart jump outta my chest! it was the first time i heard a film on my new 5.1 system and had the sound up really loud. :lol

Michael Myers freaks me out when someone catches a glimpse of him looking at them through a window and when they do a double take he's gone. :horror :D

Event Horizon.

The whole scene in the ducts with the lights going on and off scared the ^^^^ out of me in the theaters. Scariest film I've ever seen in a theater.

Oh yeah just remembered when i was young my uncle used to let me watch Freddy i'd be that scared he'd have to walk me to the toilet and wait outside the door or i'd have pee'd myself. :rotfl

That's why you shouldn't let little kids watch that kind of stuff. :lol

Oh yeah just remembered when i was young my uncle used to let me watch Freddy i'd be that scared he'd have to walk me to the toilet and wait outside the door or i'd have pee'd myself. :rotfl

That's why you shouldn't let little kids watch that kind of stuff. :lol

Yeah I remember my cousins used to let me watch Friday the 13th with them when I stayed there during summer. Unfortunately they lived in the woods and I slept on the sofa bed in the living room with a huge bay window looking out at the treeline. I didn't sleep much while I was there. :monkey2

Yeah I remember my cousins used to let me watch Friday the 13th with them when I stayed there during summer. Unfortunately they lived in the woods and I slept on the sofa bed in the living room with a huge bay window looking out at the treeline. I didn't sleep much while I was there. :monkey2

Woah not nice i'd have also been scared come to think of it i'm 29 and that would still scare me. :D

Event Horizon.

The whole scene in the ducts with the lights going on and off scared the ^^^^ out of me in the theaters. Scariest film I've ever seen in a theater.

You HAD to bring up that movie. Saw it in theaters when I was 12 and I'm still trying to forget it.

Anytime a figure moves in an erratic way that is not normal human movement. Like The Grudge where the girl is coming down the steps, The Ring where she is coming out of the well, The Exorcist where Reagan is coming down the steps with her back arched like a pretzel. Scenes like these give me the heebie jeebies.

The scene in Jaws where Roy Scheider is tossing the bait over board and after he says "have Hooper chop some of this ^^^^^" and the shark pops his head out of the water about a foot and a half away from Scheider. I was 5 when I saw that and it scared me ^^^^^less and too this day is the reason why I never go swimming in the ocean.

You HAD to bring up that movie. Saw it in theaters when I was 12 and I'm still trying to forget it.

Yeah was a victim to that movie as well. My friend and I watched at my place when it came out on "video" and we were both freaked the hell out when it was all over. Sam Neil a couple years earlier did in the Mouth of Madness which was equally freaky as well imo.

Oh wow, I could go on for DAYS on this topic. Some of my faves.

American Werewolf in London: When the kids get kicked out of the pub and they are going across the moors.

Cat People (1942 version) 2 scenes where Jane Randolph is being stalked by Simone Simon-- when she is swimming in the pool, and when she is walking home at night by the park.

Forgot who mentioned it, but yah, the American version of the Ring when the girl climbs out of the well-- very scary. Some friends did a haunted house the year that movie came out, they did the girl crawling from the well scene in their back yard, and that freaked out the high school kids more than anything else.

Nosferatu first aparience outside the castle room.

nosferatub.jpg

definitely The Changeling (1980)... every scene intended to induce a sense of fright did.

"Ernest scared stupid"
When the little girl looks under the bed and the monster is not there and she finds him next to her and he tuns her into a wooden doll.
That killed me as a kid, could not sleep without being near my parents...
RIP Ernest

seeing the exorcist as a kid and the scene where a particularly intense battle of ggod and evil just happend and Reagan has broken loose from her straps. She is on the bed, arms to the ceiling and the light is in front of her so the shot is from behind and she's sort of blacked out. It's an amazing shot at the end of an amazingly scarry scene.

Am quite hard to make jump but one that got me was in "The Descent" when they've entered the cavern and they swing the camera round with Night vision on and one of the creatures is just standing there behind them.

Another effective one was in "An American Werewolf in London" just that brief moment in the Underground (as we call it here in Blighty ;) ) where the guy's at the foot of the escalator and the wolf just enters the shot.

The dinner scene from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It wasn't extremely gory or violent, but it freaked me out the first time I saw it because I had no idea what was going to happen.

Back