1/8 Lamborghini Reventon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with SS or statues....but I just picked up the grail of my collection today and I am so extatic I dont know who to tell first.
I've been waiting for this car for almost a year and a half now...it is a 1/8 scale (over 2 feet long) Lamborghini Reventon made by Amalgam. Yes, it cost me more money than my entire SS collection combine.....but was it worth it ^^^^^* YES!!!
The paint app and the amount of detail on this is unlike anything you will ever encounter on a scaled replica. Down to the plumbing, wiriing, tire tred, engine detail, dimensions....EVERYTHING......its insane! It sits on a REAL carbon fiber base with only 199 being made world wide. I got #20.....the significance of this being their were only 20 units of the REAL car made. I took these pics today when I picked it up...more pics to come later when its in its final resting place.

Chris

Last edited:
Damn, that looks sweet! Do you have pics of the other cars in your collection?

Damn, that looks sweet! Do you have pics of the other cars in your collection?

I do!..but I want to take pics of everything gathered around my grail. I will take pics soon of everything within the next few days. Trust me you wont be disappointed. This is my first 1/8 scale model....I collect mostly 1/12 (foot long). I have a 1/8 Lamborghini countach LP5000 on the way in the next year :D. I havent told the lady yet....

Chris

Amazing Chris!!! And amazingly appropriate for you! :rock :rock :rock

Thanks bro....you would be shocked at this thing in person.

That looks sexy

Is it metal?

The engine block, wheels and body are.....parts like the interior consol are made of resin and plastic. The base is made of real carbon fiber which the car is bolted down to. The whole car is made by hand taking over 150 hours to complete.

Chris

Last edited:
Me being a petrolhead, I got to say WOW!!

Cant wait to see you car pics, do they do a 1/8 Zonda??:D

Wooooow... Must be on of the most beautiful cars ever made.
Can you put something next to it for scale?
Great pics, thanks for sharing!

edit: Just looked up their website and OMG, they make some pretty awesome stuff! Congrats on getting this!

Me being a petrolhead, I got to say WOW!!

Cant wait to see you car pics, do they do a 1/8 Zonda??:D

No they dont make the Zonda....yet! They just aquired the Lamborghini licence not to long ago so their focusing on models from that line right now. They did just make a 1/8 McLaren F1 LM and a Bugatti Veyron...but if I started buying every car they made at $6000 each I would be broke in 30 minutes.

Here are a few bad shots of the interior...

Chris

do these things go up in value very much? Is this 6000 retail when it came out or did it jump in value?

Wow thats like buying a new car after rebate from a clunker

Its about $5200 retail (Canadian)....about $5900 and change landed. Amalgam specializes in custom built stuff for their clients...they haven ES for this car of 199 but less will probably be built since they are made to order. They won't go up in value much for a few years..but they usually never drop from MSRP price ether.

Chris

Its about $5200 retail (Canadian)....about $5900 and change landed. Amalgam specializes in custom built stuff for their clients...they haven ES for this car of 199 but less will probably be built since they are made to order. They won't go up in value much for a few years..but they usually never drop from MSRP price ether.

Chris

Why so much? At 5,200 what does it come with? lol

Looks sweet. This might be a dumb question but does it have working lights? If they put that much detail into the rest of the car it would be cool if it did.

Why so much? At 5,200 what does it come with? lol

Just what you see lol....also comes in an acrylic display case that sits on a carbon fiber base with a chrome numbered plaque.

Looks sweet. This might be a dumb question but does it have working lights? If they put that much detail into the rest of the car it would be cool if it did.

Ya for that kind of money you would expext something to light up right lol...but no, nothing lights up. Its ment for static display only, the engine lid opens also but nothing else. But like I said, these things are built from scratch and take hundreds of hours to complete. You really have to see it in person to appreciate the time and detail that go's into these.

Chris

For 6K it should have a real functioning combustion engine and be able to go at least 1/8 the speed of the real car.

Drool, drool, drool! Whoa, those people make some INCREDIBLE models! Museum quality for sure!

There's something about Lambos, you can see one from any distance and instantly know it is a Lambo. You can put a Lambo built 30 years ago next to a brand new machine and see the resemblamce-- gotta love that.

We were car spotting yesterday at the race track (Del Mar) and saw a Lambo Spyder, we think it was a Gallardo, but not sure (it was in valet parking and we couldn't walk up to it).

Back