Han & Luke as Stormtroopers PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rismo

Freakzoid
Reaction score
_MG_3444.jpg

_MG_3445.jpg

_MG_3449.jpg

Luke, have you been licking toads again?

_MG_3450.jpg

You too, Han?

_MG_3452.jpg

Sideshow made it nice and easy to get the head off for repainting. In fact, the heads pretty much fall off if you're not careful.

_MG_3453.jpg

I was led to believe that Luke would be shorter, but they are the same size.

_MG_3454.jpg

_MG_3455.jpg

Luke's grappling box. (also comes with unhooked grapple and rope --not pictured)

_MG_3456.jpg

Luke's detachable communicator!

_MG_3457.jpg

Straps holding the chest armor together. Yippeee!

I should note that I used a heat gun to reshape the chest armor as this armor out of the box suffers the same problem that SSC's first TK had, with the armor bulging way out on the sides and looking pretty ridiculous. It is easy to detach the velcro side (the figure's left arm side) and slide off the chest piece. Just heat up the front and back and squeeze it into a more barrel shape.

Another mod you could probably do is to stuff some foam or fabric into the thighs and calves to keep the leg armor from sliding around. A lot of us did that to the first TKs, too.

And the heads are begging to be repainted. Hopefully I'll have time for that in the next few weeks.

I gotta say, these are my fav TK figures to date! It's a shame they didn't get a wider release as I surely would have picked up a couple more.

Firstly, these look like great, fun figures. I love the headsculpts & expressions. Well done Trevor. Again.

But secondly.... a) those eyes are just terrible! .....and b) why oh why oh why do they keep on insisting on painting han's hair so dark its almost black??

:rock :rock :rock It's nice to see some great pieces vs. the flawed ones that're making every tom, ^^^^ and harry go chicken little on these pieces.

Paint apps still look like caca to me... oh and are the neck coverings different than the proto type? Looks like that changed to me.

They're looking better but the paint still leaves MUCH to be desired at this price point. Not to mention the deceptive height pictures are still all kinds of shady.

Great pics... Keep them coming... (my 1/6 trash compactor room is going to look great :D )

No doubt. SSC should get some props for these. The heads do not seem to be caked in paint as previous releases, so stripping them should be much easier.

Also, they fixed some of the problems we had with the armor of the original TKs they released. For instance, they added black straps to connect the front/back of the chest armor, one of which is stretchy rubber and the other is actually detachable velcro. Some of us installed velcro on the first releases ourselves.

And they used a glossier paint this time, so the armor has a better sheen. The helmet lenses no longer have the overspray in the corners giving them that asian look. The joints seem much better on these guys, too. The joints on the first 2 TKs I got were loosey goosey.

All in all I'm more excited for the Sandtrooper now, whereas I was considering canceling the pre-order.

Hi
How are the joints on these two (specifically the Hips, Knees & Ankles)

Neither or my two regular Stormies can stand for long unaided, I'd like to think these had been sorted out - Sideshow obviously listened about the chest armour as they added the Velcro. Let's hope they tightened the joints too!

EDIT: While I was typing you went all Psychic and answered my question!

Looks GREAT to me! Mine were DEFINITELY going off to small_studios Josh for a repaint anyways, so no biggy/surprise there.

Does the Stormtooper armor appear 'shinier' this time then with the regular Stormies? Looks like it in the pics...:confused:

The paint aps are definitely better than the earlier pictures we saw in the other thread. I'm perfectly happy with how they came out! They look great and I can't wait to get them tomorrow!

Great shots, rismo!

I should get these today, yesterday I got my regular edition Vader, wow, what a week:D Hey rismo, how tight are the joints, and how big is the box

They're looking better but the paint still leaves MUCH to be desired at this price point. Not to mention the deceptive height pictures are still all kinds of shady.

$110 per figure? :confused: You won't find a better version of these at that price. Don't forget, the $220 is for a 2-pack.

I will say this: the blond hair paint on Luke is prolly the best Luke hair we have seen from Sideshow.

Wow, those looks amazing. That may be the best Luke sculpt ever on any collectible.

EDIT: Crap, the pics were so amazing that I just wasted my 4000th post on them!! Damn you SSC!!!

Back