New LOTR dio's on the way!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy

Super Freak
Reaction score
The good news from today's 'Ask Sidehow' segment....two new dio's on the way :rock

Question : I was reading intently a recent Q&A in which you mention how many LOTR Premium Formats you’re hoping to produce next year and that Boromir was among them. My question is, can you do the same for the diorama’s? How many you are hoping to produce and, if possible, maybe hint if there will be a Treebeard, Moria, Sauron or Tom Bombadil diorama somewhere down the line?

Answer : You’ll soon get a peek at two of our upcoming LOTR dioramas, and the opportunity to pre-order one of them. They’re planned for release in Q1 and Q2 of 2010. For the balance of 2010, we’re currently evaluating several designs - and our planning is not yet definite.

Of the characters you name, one is definite yes, and one is definitely no - assuming that you mean Moria as in the Sideshow WETA Mines of Moria type of environmental diorama? Our diorama design ambitions are much more character-focused and less environment-focused. The other two characters mentioned are maybes, although we’ll say that Tom Bombadil is currently lower on our list of candidates than most other characters that do appear on screen.

And the bad news......:(

Question : Are there any plans for a Gimli Premium Format or Legendary Scale Bust in the near future?

Answer : Gimli does not currently have a place in our 2009 or 2010 plans, but we hear that dwarves never give up.

So if I read that right, either Treebeard or Sauron dio's are on their way, maybe even a preview soon.

As for the final question on that page about feedback, etc, to me the first interesting test will be the Mount Doom dio, did they fix the paint apps on the handle of sting.

No surprise there for Gimli, when you think about it when The Hobbit comes out with it's emphasis on Dwarves they may wait until nearer the time to make one (a PF or LSB) also it might take that long for them to produce the GTG PF as he is a bit if a star in The Hobbit!! :lol. Great news for the Dios and I guess that the Last March of the Ents Dio is on the cards, only a guess though!!!!:naughty (YES WOODSY AND GG I AM TALKING TO YOU TWO!! TWEET TWEET!! :rotfl)

No surprise there for Gimli, when you think about it when The Hobbit comes out with it's emphasis on Dwarves they may wait until nearer the time to make one (a PF or LSB) also it might take that long for them to produce the GTG PF as he is a bit if a star in The Hobbit!! :lol. Great news for the Dios and I guess that the Last March of the Ents Dio is on the cards, only a guess though!!!!:naughty (YES WOODSY AND GG I AM TALKING TO YOU TWO!! TWEET TWEET!! :rotfl)

:lol:rotfl:lol

Oh the humanity...we're never gonna hear the end of this are we???!!!!! :monkey2

Great news about the dio's, though will have be something special for me to get the money out for them :lol

It is good news that we are getting more LOTR goodies soon. :D

Still sad that there is no commitment one way or another for another Fellowship member in PF :(

It is good news that we are getting more LOTR goodies soon. :D

Still sad that there is no commitment one way or another for another Fellowship member in PF :(

Dave, you're looking at this all wrong, SS is 100% committed to not produced a Gimli PF or LSB...at least until 2011. :monkey3

So if I read that right, either Treebeard or Sauron dio's are on their way, maybe even a preview soon.

As for the final question on that page about feedback, etc, to me the first interesting test will be the Mount Doom dio, did they fix the paint apps on the handle of sting.

Yeah I'm thinking a Treebeard with Merry and Pippin [one of the SS poll options from a year and a half ago] or a Sauron vs Isildur dio. Either way, count me in. From the sound of things, I'd be shocked if we don't get an announcement sometime during SDCC.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Oh the humanity...we're never gonna hear the end of this are we???!!!!! :monkey2

Great news about the dio's, though will have be something special for me to get the money out for them :lol

Is it just me GG? I could have sworn I just heard a little bird........:naughty

Guess who asked that question? Who guessed from the Bombadil part? ;)
That's great news, i really hope they do a Sauron and Treebeard dio. (Not in the same dio, obviously!). Tom Bombadil a maybe?
As for Moria, what i actually meant was a diorama of the fellowship either outside the gates or fighting the cave troll, but in seperate parts maybe. Should i e-mail them again or will they be reading this?
Thanks for posting this Woodsy

Remember that Sideshow posted a peak at a work in progress King of the Dead about a month ago; he may be featured in one of these two announced dioramas.

Back