eFX X-Wing Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slynger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this info about the acrylic case for the eFX X-Wing Studio Scale prop. In order for this case to become reality, eFX needs a minimum of 100 orders - as of today they have 41.

The picture below only shows the base (which has the electronics already pre-wired into it). Go to www.efxcollectibles.com to see the entire case.

I'm just posting this to hopefully heighten awareness of this item.

Quoted below is a post from Rebelscum by Bryan from eFX Collectibles:

The construction of the base is identical to our standard base, black wood base, brushed aluminum plate and clear acrylic. The brushed aluminum plate has the Star Wars logo etched in the front right corner.

The base is pre-wired, identical to the standard base, so all you have to do is connect the power wire and the adapter. The power switch and adapter connector is located on the left side towards the rear. This way, you do not have to search blindly on the backside for the switch. Also, with the adapter connector on the side, you can push the case all the way back against a wall or the back of a cabinet. No holes to drill or any customization required. Note that you will use the power adapter that came with your X-wing.

Size (with cover): 25-3/4" Wide X 22-3/4" Deep X 13" High

This is going to be a custom build item. So, it will only available for a limited time and then we will order the quantity that was ordered. We have to have a minimum of 100 orders to make these.

The price is US$369 plus shipping (and tax if you live in California). A $175 non-refundable deposit will be required, as this is a custom build.

Now, the new information (in no particular order, just the order that I remember the questions):

There will be a 30 day window to order. We have not established this date yet. It will be announced in our newsletter that we are currently working on.

You will download a credit card authorization that you will have to complete and return to us. We will not charge the non-refundable deposit until we have a minimum of 100 orders. We do not want to charge your card and then have to credit it later in the event that we do not get the 100 orders.

There is about an 1-3/4" clearance between the top of the cannon and the top of the acrylic cover with the wings in the attack position.

The acrylic top has rolled edges on the top front and back edges.

As you can see it has the Star Wars logo

We will update the quantity order daily.

We will give estimated shipping charges at the time that we start the pre-order. However note that FedEX changes their rates every 60 days, so the rate will only be an estimate.

The display base will only be available direct from eFX

We will only offer one version, complete with base and cover. We do not have the ability to make different versions, that would be a logistic nightmare!

You easily change the base to be a mirror if you like. The screws come off easily. However we recommend that you use an acrylic mirror and laser cut the holes. Do not drill it!

$369 is far from cheap, and no listing of what shipping will cost? I've got to pass. Good luck getting enough though! :rock

while it is open-ended, here is a shipping quote from Bryan as well;

For the US, it ranged from about $30 for California to about $52 for the east coast. This if FedEX HOME Delivery (Ground)

while it is open-ended, here is a shipping quote from Bryan as well;

For the US, it ranged from about $30 for California to about $52 for the east coast. This if FedEX HOME Delivery (Ground)

I received some potential bad news the other day on the shipping cost for anyone who ordered the Display Case for the X-Wing. I got an estimate from Bryan at efX for $150! I sent him a reply asking there must be some type of mistake! I had set aside $50 for this not $150. Seriously, I never would have ordered this case if I had known it would cost $150 to ship. I live in Minnesota by the way. If you add the case price of $369 and the shipping cost of $150 for a total of $519, that's nearly half the cost of the X-Wing.:horror

Anyway, I already put down a deposit of $175 last July. I'm not going to jump to conclusions in the hopes this was a mistake/typo. I'll just wait patiently for his reply.

Last edited:
BTW, this update was sent by efX on 12/29/09:

"As many of you know, we perform extensive transportation and drop tests on our products and thus design our packaging to minimize the chance of damage in shipping, accordingly. Due to this requirement, the size of the box is quite large. It is actually a box inside a box, with foam corners to "suspend" the inner box. This was required to protect the large acrylic cover. Therefore, the cost to ship will be more than we had anticipated, since the shipping charge will be based on the "volumetric" weight instead of the actual weight. Therefore, to help offset this increased cost, we will absorb the handling charge that is usually added on to the shipping charge. Unfortunately, we have no control over the cost that FedEX charges. Also, the box is too large for USPS."

This isn't good news. So perhaps that $150 shipping cost from California to Minnesota was correct afterall? Anyway, message has been sent to them.

Last edited:
yikes that must be one gigantic box. i shipped a Hulk PF, 3 different times and the most i paid was like $45...if that much.

My MR Millennium Falcon cost $157 when it was shipped (and that seemed kind of high). It's the biggest and heaviest thing I've ever had shipped. I don't think there's any way the X-wing case is bigger, and it's certainly not heavier. And I only paid $215 total (including shipping) for the acrylic case for my falcon. So yeah, $150 does seem really high to me.

Im in Australia and ive been told my shipping cost looks like its going to be around the $300 mark, which is absolutely ridiculous!
But i cant have the X Wing displayed with out the case.
EFX really screwed up with this when they could have just included the full display base and cover with the X Wing just like MR did with the snowspeeder and AT AT and they were huge pieces. So why not the X Wing.
As it stands now the complete X Wing is going to be very very expensive with the display base purchased separately when EFX could have just increased the X Wing sale price an extra $150 for the base and cover.
Now people are paying very high amounts for shipping and it blows.
If EFX dont fix this issue in future scale model ships i can certainly say i wont be buying anymore thats for sure. :banghead

My MR Millennium Falcon cost $157 when it was shipped (and that seemed kind of high). It's the biggest and heaviest thing I've ever had shipped. I don't think there's any way the X-wing case is bigger, and it's certainly not heavier. And I only paid $215 total (including shipping) for the acrylic case for my falcon. So yeah, $150 does seem really high to me.

The display case measures 26" L x 23" W x 13" H. Based on this, I think $150 shipping sounds too much.

BTW, the MR Millennium Falcon.:drool

It does to me, yeah. I'm no expert on shipping, of course, but I've had similarly sized things shipped to me by private citizens (who don't have access to shipping discounts like larger companies should) and they haven't been nearly that high. I realize that they're packing it in such a way that the shipping box will be quite a bit bigger than the actual case dimensions, but still...

Im in Australia and ive been told my shipping cost looks like its going to be around the $300 mark, which is absolutely ridiculous!
But i cant have the X Wing displayed with out the case.
EFX really screwed up with this when they could have just included the full display base and cover with the X Wing just like MR did with the snowspeeder and AT AT and they were huge pieces. So why not the X Wing.
As it stands now the complete X Wing is going to be very very expensive with the display base purchased separately when EFX could have just increased the X Wing sale price an extra $150 for the base and cover.Now people are paying very high amounts for shipping and it blows.
If EFX dont fix this issue in future scale model ships i can certainly say i wont be buying anymore thats for sure. :banghead

But the cover/base was $369. So how would increasing the X-Wing by $150 make sense?:confused:

BTW, your shipping cost to Australia is $300! Yikes brother!:banghead

Look in you local phone book for a plastic company that sells Plexiglass. Call them, give them dimensions and go pick it up. Thats what I did with my MR Falcon.

Look in you local phone book for a plastic company that sells Plexiglass. Call them, give them dimensions and go pick it up. Thats what I did with my MR Falcon.

eFX X-Wing doesn´t come with the black squared display base like the Falcon and therefore a custom made base would also be needed.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it is now starting to ship although I will have to wait a little longer as I didn´t buy it direct from eFX. I repackaged my X-wing the same day it arrived because I didn´t want it to collect dust.

Well, got my final shipping total and shipping notice from efX for the X-Wing display case.

$139.50.......one more time, $139.50. I'm not happy about this.:mad:

$369 = Display case

$139.50 = Shipping (from CA to MN)

$508.50 = Total

The price for the X-Wing was $1199. So the total for the display case/shipping came to a little less than half the price of the X-Wing.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back