What's your Favorite Movie Soundtrack??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord of the Rings by Howard Shore
Predator (Original sountrack) A hard one to come by. Just picked it up a year or two ago.
Braveheart
The Thing
Aliens
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars
Song from True Romance (You're so cool)

that's a hard one...

That's what she said :lol :monkey3

But you're absolutely right about that statement!

There is one soundtrack that gives my goosebumps almost every time I hear it, the Jurassic Park theme.

The scene where they see their first dinosaur, the Brachiosaurus, really gives my goosebumps every time. Mainly due to the beautiful music :)

Braveheart is one of the greatest soundtracks ever made! I listen to it while painting and drawing just to keep the brain going. As far as favorite movie score goes, hard as it is to decide, I would go with Empire Strikes Back. Han and Leia's theme, Imperial March, Yoda's theme, asteroid chase, it has it all.
Other favorites:
Star Wars (any)
Fellowship of the Ring
Wrath of Khan
Conan the Barbarian

Depends on what kind of soundtrack. If it's instrumental...I gotta go with Star Wars: A New Hope. If it's a mixed compilation of artists put on a soundtrack album, then I've always been partial to Rocky IV.

Not sure if it counts, but the one of my favorites is Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells which was used as the theme to Exorcist.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/bYmIKcP7Nbc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/bYmIKcP7Nbc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also love Thief by Tangerine Dream
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CV5VTJNaKc4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CV5VTJNaKc4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
LOST IN TRANSLATION (when I'm feeling like that sort of thing)
the Thing
Living Daylights
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind
Once upon a time in the west

Yeah I have weird soundtrack tastes.

All time faves:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Empire Strikes Back
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

New recent faves:
There Will Be Blood by Jonny Greenwood
Atonement by Daio Marianelli
War of the Worlds and Prisoner of Azkaban by John Williams

- Gattaca by Michael Nyman
- The Piano , also by M. Nyman
- The Fountain by Clint Mansell

I aso like composers like Howard Shore (LOTR), James Horner (Braveheart) or D. Elfman

gattaca really does have some great themes. never picked up the soundtrack. have to do that sometime.

Ghostbusters
Footloose (also, a Kenny Loggins greatest hits album, which would presumably have Top Gun, Caddyshack, and Footloose songs on it :rock )
Transformers: the (Animated) Movie
Queen: A Kind of Magic (aka Highlander soundtrack)

I enjoy a "score" as background to a movie, but I don't really want to listen to that stuff apart from that.

The Insider by Lisa Gerrard and Pieter Bourke

It is just beautiful....it has been my favorite for years and I listen to it more than any other CD that I own.
The_Insider_-_El_Dilema_-_Bso-%5BFront%5D-%5Bwww.FreeCovers.net%5D.jpg

My favorite has to be the BRAVEHEART soundtrack by James Horner. It's so mesmerizing and yet haunting.

Thats another James horner masterpiece..but it depresses me. I can't help but think about someone close to me dying and then me forever associating this music with the death of that person and never being able to listen to it again.

If I were to pick a definitive soundtrack it'd be The Empire Strikes Back. It added 3 great themes to the Star Wars main title/force theme - Han&Leia, Yoda and Imperial march. The Hoth battle music is an epic track in itself and then the asteroid chase...and thats just the first cd. The bespin stuff is just as good, particularly when Luke calls Leia through the force and Chewie turns the Falcon back towards cloud city. And the Rebel fleet/end titles is something I could listen to just about endlessly.

Back