Why were Dooku's eyes not red?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Just thought of this. Why were his eyes not red and yellow like the other Sith's? While looking at the PF it just hit me. No red eyes!

I think the explanation is that he wasn't consumed by the dark side. He utilized it, but never fully went over to it. If I recall correctly he did what he did because he believed it to be the best for the galaxy not for his own personal gain.

He has yellow eyes in the New Clone Wars...

Maybe Christopher Lee didn't want to wear contacts...

I always thought he had them, but never wanted to show them. They were too 'monster' for him, and he was pretty gentlemanly even up until he died. Also, he was the one that had to sway all the separatists to leave the republic, and was basically their leader. It would be hard to convince them the republic is the evil one when your eyes would be red, yellow and evil as hell.

I think the explanation is that he wasn't consumed by the dark side. He utilized it, but never fully went over to it. If I recall correctly he did what he did because he believed it to be the best for the galaxy not for his own personal gain.

No he became a Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Tyranus.

No he became a Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Tyranus.

I know, but I don't think he totally went over to the dark side. Granted I'm gettng that from EU material so I know some people discredit it because of that which is fine. But in Dark Rendezvous (which is a great Yoda and Dooku story) I think it mentioned he considered himself a Sith Emeritus and would retire after the rebellion was successful.

Probably because he wasn't a very good sith lord. The sith are supposed to be full of hate and anger, and Dooku never seemed that way to me.

Probably because he wasn't a very good sith lord. The sith are supposed to be full of hate and anger, and Dooku never seemed that way to me.

Palpatine didn't have yellow/red eyes either until he declared himself Emperor. I think it's all part of the deception the Sith used to hoodwink everyone. They pose as nice guys until it's too late.

Anakin Vader went back and forth with the Sith eyes. He had them when he went to Mustafar to 'take care of the Trade Federation', but had normal eyes when Padme showed up. I think it's just a 'game face' type thing like a Buffy style Vampire, but Dooku was just too cool a customer. Makeupwise it might have looked odd on Lee anyway.

And Palpatine was as Sith as could be, but didn't have those eyes until his face was F'd up anyway and it didn't matter.

because lucas and his directors/editiors etc are inconsistant as hell.

Or that.

Dooku never struck me as a true villain. As others have said, he was too much of a gentleman. I think he just had a skewed vision of the galaxy and what it needed. Palpatine sensed this, and as with all his previous and future apprentices, he used Dooku to his full advantage. So, Dooku never really had the Sith eyes because he was rarely completely full of hatred and anger.

One of a gazillion continuity gaffes made worse by the PT.

I hate to agree but I think might be it. I don't know why it just struck me. I think it was my whole debate on the PF. I was really looking and this is what I found. LOL! No red eyes. Then I thought about the movies and realised that I missed something.

Clearly Lucas doesn't think too heavily about continuity (or just doesn't care). There are so many things that don't really connect or make sense... all because he made it all up as he went along and didn't take the time to think everything all the way through when he did.

I hate to agree but I think might be it. I don't know why it just struck me. I think it was my whole debate on the PF. I was really looking and this is what I found. LOL! No red eyes. Then I thought about the movies and realised that I missed something.

i honestly dont believe its a continuity thing. theres no way something like that could have no meaning. obviously palpatine was a sith the entire time and he didnt have the eyes. im sure its something that they can hide. i mean Anakin only had them when he was doing evil things like slaying younglings.

he did but his cataracts covered it up.

Inconsistency is the true-life answer, maybe somewhere out there someone came up with an EU explaination, but thats all it is - EU.

Back