Force FX lightsabers - worth selling?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Skutto

Super Freak
Reaction score
I kinda got out of the whole Star Wars thing a couple of years ago, and I'm now in the process of selling off stuff I no longer collect in order to be able to afford more high-end pieces, like PFs.

I have four Force FX lightsabers - Mace Windu, Jedi Luke, Vader and Anakin - and I was wondering if it's worth my time selling them here or on eBay, or are they pretty much worthless now? They were used primarily for display purposes, but have since been put back in their boxes.

I remeber I had several a couple years ago and I basically gave them away. Especially in today's economy I would just keep them and put them away or something.

I would say they are still worth selling. They haven't appreciated, but if working and in good cosmetic condition I'd guess you could get around $75 or so each.

... Actually just checked eBay a Used Mace Windu sold for $190+ :google

I would say they are still worth selling. They haven't appreciated, but if working and in good cosmetic condition I'd guess you could get around $75 or so each.

Yeah, I was wondering if some might be worth more than others. Might be worth listing them individually, rather than as a lot. If I do, I'll give my fellow Freaks first dibs before putting them up on eBay.

Man thats crazy!

Were there two versions of Mace's, ROTS and AOTC?

Yeah, it could be a fluke auction :huh I haven't been following prices of them, but all the recent completed auctions (that were listed as used) seemed to sell for at least $50. So, not worth a lot... but all 4 should get you enough for at least one PF.

Yeah, it could be a fluke auction :huh I haven't been following prices of them, but all the recent completed auctions (that were listed as used) seemed to sell for at least $50. So, not worth a lot... but all 4 should get you enough for at least one PF.

That's the way I see it, too. Right now, all they're doing is collecting dust and providing handy spaces for spiders to anchor their webs (I have a creepy crawlspace).

the mace is very rare and highly collectible. the selling price is reasonable.

The same can be said for luke, depending on which version you have.

is the anakin one the AOTC or ROTS?

They made both, AOTC was the very first FX saber and its probally the worst..i think it had a more visable end cap as well..not too sure..i think that one fetches lots of money though, the ROTS saber was released later on around the same time as the ESB Vader..both are awesome and more to scale with the movie sabers.

is the anakin one the AOTC or ROTS?

Ummm, I'm not really sure. Is there a website or something where I can see pictures comparing the two versions? I believe it was the first version of Anakin's saber that was released, but that's purely a guess on my part.

Wow, some of these actually bring in some decent coin. I did a search of completed auctions on eBay and this is what I found.

The Jedi Luke version tends to sell in the $200 range. Mace Windu's sells for anywhere from $120 to $195 whereas Anakin's ranges from $80-$150, depending on the model. Finally, Darth Vader's sells for about $50-$90.

There was even an auction for both the Jedi Luke and Mace sabers, and that one brought in $420! I think that listing the lot of 4 with a starting bid amount of about $400 would work.

Don't forget there is two versions of Vaders saber made by master replicas, the first being the ANH version(one i have) and then the later improved ESB version...maybe the Luke ESB had two releases as well..with the difference being less batteries and better LED's in the new one..i could be wrong.

My friend bought one on impulse and regrets it. It looks cool for photo ops, but just sitting around on display not lit up, it's big, takes up space, and awkward with an unlit blade.

Back