What do you think this collection is worth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say what they're worth, but I'm downright giddy just looking at them. :D Totally took me back to the 70s when I was buying them up like candy as a kid. Thanks for posting this, for that reason alone.

While I don't know the price guide of how much they are worth I do think that $6500 is way to much for those pieces. I would be more inclined to spend $800-900 on it. Of course a very wise man once told me that it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

A big concern is that he is giving what he would consider to be AFA grades... I find that a bit suspect. I think he's looking for AFA graded prices, w/o doing the work himself, also it doesn't take much to lower a grade.

But, here's an auction (while not as nice) for 10 of the original 12 it sold for $1,736

And here's just a Vader (again not nearly as nice as his) but it sold for $130

So that's a no, then. :lol

Still, it's awesome to see all of those figures again, all packaged up as they should be. :clap I'm really rather envious.

Yeah, it would be awesome to have a collection like that. And I do know that if stuff is AFA graded it will fetch some ridiculously high prices. But w/o that I don't think they'd be worth that kind of coin.

All seems a bit cheap to me, i have seen unpunched cards (no figures) selling for £2.5K on ebay!!!

I reckon these are fakes myself, he should have had them AFA rated, bubbles are in too good a condition also.

I am an AFA hater. I think it is a totally useless system. Anyone can look at a figure and decide what condition it is in. And then decide what it is worth to them in that condition. On the other hand, I have to hand it to AFA crew for being brilliant enough to convince so many people that a bunch of guys with no more training than me looking at their figures is so valuable a service.

As much as I love Star Wars, I will never own any of these near-pristine figures because if they were absolutely perfect and unpunched, I still couldn't bring myself to pay any more than about 50.00 for the rarest, most perfect, of any of them. And I would be ashamed of doing that.

I agree with you, AFA is a great business idea and cool if you want the pristine of the pristine... but I collect because I like the toy aspect, not because I want the best example out there.

But if you are a seller, then its a can be a big deal. Non AFA graded figures really do sell for a lot less, especially when you get 85+ ratings.

Holy crap man!!!!! That's insane!!!! I'm sure these have high collector's value, but man that's a lot of $$$!!! I could buy ALL my SS Marvel grails AND some :horror

I'm sorry but I find the whole mentality of MIB collecting bizarre...
Sure, it's nice to find an old toy in great condition, but to pay such extravagant prices to keep them in their boxes is a bit odd to me.

Having said that, if that is what makes people happy, more power to ya!

Another thing, the figures don't look very kosher to me... Vader looks very matte and R2's colors look off to me as well.
Then again, I'm no expert...

EDIT: Indeed I'm no expert, just looked at the pics over at Rebelscum and R2 does indeed look that crappy.

Back