What do you think this collection is worth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you, AFA is a great business idea and cool if you want the pristine of the pristine... but I collect because I like the toy aspect, not because I want the best example out there.

But if you are a seller, then its a can be a big deal. Non AFA graded figures really do sell for a lot less, especially when you get 85+ ratings.

I also hate the AFA system and would never use it. But what bugs me about this auction is that he's making assumptions about what AFA might grade them as, when they haven't been graded!

Yeah, that's what is most shady about the auction. Again trying to get AFA prices w/o the guarantee.

I'm gonna agree with the auction being shady. I see reproduced blank Star Wars cards on ebaY all the time. With that in mind, it's not that hard to clean up a loose figure purchased for around $50, take one of the plastic bubbles off of a newer action figure (like G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary), glue it to the card with the figure inside and create your own "NEW AND UNPUNCHED!" action figure.

A question to ask the seller would be why he's selling them on ebaY vs. an action figure auction house where the fat cats with fatter wallets hang out and would easily pay top dollar for a collection like that; probably more than he's asking. Of course... the house would verify the subject matter's authenticity before auctioning it off which again, adds to the question of legitimacy.

Back