PDA

View Full Version : Tom Hardy is Venom (2018)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Sick Boy 82
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
WHAT?? Mike's no working ass didn't scoop this one up first??!! j/k Mike, love your new movie info finding skills!! :rock

Well, Sony has really gone off the deep-end and has decided to move forward with a spin-off for lil old Venom. With as much money as Spider-Man 3 made and with the recent success of IM, Hulk and TDK, I'm guessing Sony just can't wait to capitalize on the royal ^^^^-up Marvel made when they decided to sell Sony the rights to the Spider-Man franchise. CRAP!!!!

Well, there goes one of my favorite super-villians of all time!!!! And he was bad enough in Spider-Man 3, so I can only guess how bad this one will be. At least Topher is out, I couldn't stand to see him dance in the street or bawl his eyes out like a ^^^^ing baby like that ^^^^^ Tobey Maguire!!!

Full story from Firstshowing.net:

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/venom-grab-hdrimg.jpg

It seems increasingly obvious that Hollywood is interested in focusing more on villains than anything. Fueled by the success of The Dark Knight, which used the Joker in marketing more than Batman, Sony has decided to move forward on developing a spin-off Venom project following the character's introduction in Spider-Man 3. Hollywood Reporter confirms that Sony is currently developing the project, with a draft originally penned by novice screenwriter Jacob Estes, but they've since decided to go "in a different direction" and are looking for new writers. While neither Sony nor Marvel would comment any further, this is undoubtedly exciting news for Venom fans! Does this mean Spider-Man 4 in 2011 is doomed?

Back in February, we actually wrote about the possibility of a Venom spin-off as a rumor as revealed by IESB. While this news today only really confirms that rumor from February, they also add the bit about Sony throwing out Estes' script in search of a new idea. I can only hope that they're looking for someone who can write a dark and intense story in the same vein as The Dark Knight yet still inspired from the Spider-Man universe that was so successful for them. I imagine Sony was a bit pissed off when The Dark Knight topped Spider-Man 3's opening weekend box office record and now they're looking for a way to give them a real fight. And I'm sure Venom might be the one to do it!

On top of all of that news, we also learn that Sony has decided to ditch Topher Grace from Spider-Man 3 in favor of someone who could actually topline a big superhero movie on their own. I personally didn't mind Topher as Venom, but for once Sony seems to be listening to the fans who were all quite upset with the third movie and the way Venom was treated. Keeping on the subject of Spider-Man, back in June, producer Laura Ziskin confirmed that we would be seeing Spider-Man 4 in 2011. It sounds like Sony is squeezing as much juice out of their deal with Marvel as possible. But if this means we get to see a Venom spin-off, hell, I'm all for it! It's about time they realized Venom's potential!

While I have a forthcoming editorial looking at Hollywood's interest in villains, I think it's appropriate to start up some discussion on the idea of focusing on villains as the main characters. Not that movies like Iron Man are bad, but The Dark Knight was more of a movie about the Joker and the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is being sold as more of a movie about Voldemort and Tom Riddle. However, a Venom spin-off presents so many intriguing questions, such as: Who will Venom be fighting if Spider-Man is still getting his own movies? Will Venom be the hero or just someone that another hero must deal with? Who could play a better Venom than Topher Grace? Would it be better to recreated the look of Venom or stay with the style in Spider-Man 3?

Have at it - there is much to be discussed!

tomandshell
07-31-2008, 01:46 PM
Who would Venom fight? That's my question.

Blackhole
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Carnage!!!

I'd be fine if they used movie Venom, as long as they bulk him up, and show the tongue...

The question is, will this stay with the Spider-man continuity? Or is it a reboot?

Fubeca
07-31-2008, 01:56 PM
I wanted to vote for all 3!!!!

Sick Boy 82
07-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Venom could fight Ghost Rider, Punisher, Wolverine (my favorite character he fought), Juggernaut, Hobgoblin/Demigoblin.......

Natrix
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
WHAT?? Mike's no working ass didn't scoop this one up first??!! j/k Mike, love your new movie info finding skills!! :rock

He did scoop you at this at 1 in the morning. It is in the Marvel section...

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34536

Sick Boy 82
07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Damn, I saw it last night but was to lazy to put it up. Oh well.

IrishJedi
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Meh. Meh. Meh.

Kratos
07-31-2008, 05:04 PM
This could be good if done right but crap if he is designed like Spider Man 3's Venom

King Darkness
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
http://zombie.clue-free.com/fail/failboat3.jpg

The Craw
07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
http://zombie.clue-free.com/fail/failboat3.jpg
:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha
what next? a joker movie without batman.:rolleyes:

The Mike
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM

He did scoop you at this at 1 in the morning. It is in the Marvel section...

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34536
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Thanks Monday Morning Quarterback. j/k :D

Voorhees27
07-31-2008, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Venom movie, I just love the character!

Agent0028
07-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh brother, this has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. First the fools completely screw up Venom in Spidey 3, then they really mess up by killing him, and now they're going to fix it, but not by bringing him back and doing him justice in 4, but by giving him his own movie. :banghead

hairlesswookiee
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha
what next? a joker movie without batman.:rolleyes:

you know if its the Joker from TDK it would be worth seeing.
~~and why can't they let this one go??? no Venom!!!! if they want to have a symbiote movie at least make a new one with Carnage...that would be fun.

KAOSINLA
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
It will take a minor miracle for me to get over the Topher Grace and SP3 nausea.

uscmhicks
08-01-2008, 06:14 PM
spiderman 3 made venom looks very stupid.
Maybe this can make up for it. If the same guy plays venom I wont be seeing it too. :lol

Bardoon
08-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I'd give it a shot. I love Venom and he's always been one of my favorite villains.

Hopefully they can redeem him from Spidey 3.

They might go that "Lethal Protector" route with him like they did for a little while in the comics.

DinoLast
08-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I guess this will be another re-boot seeing as they stupidly killed Venom in the last movie

mildoo
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Has this been shelved yet?

Ven
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I voted in this poll? i don't remeber voting in this poll..

Malice
02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
bring on venom and carnage! bunk spider-man.

Chapter 2099
02-12-2009, 09:54 PM
I'd rather a Spider-Man 4, then a Venom spin-off.

The Mike
02-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Well the good news is you'll get both.

Chapter 2099
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Well the good news is you'll get both.

I'll take both! :rock

As long as I get SM-4. :lol Was the Venom news confirmed Mike?

The Mike
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah, Sony has confirmed that a Venom Spin-Off film is in Pre Production, of course Wonder Woman has been in Pre Production for the past three or four years with no film in sight so take it for what its worth.

The Mike
06-16-2010, 10:48 PM
I forgot this film was even in preproduction....

During a recent Word Balloon podcast (via: Digital Spy), comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis (who launched Ultimate Spider-Man) revealed that Sony Pictures offered him the chance to write the screenplay for a Spider-Man spin-off/tie-in project.While Bendis said that the film project is to be set “in the same universe” as the Spider-Man series, he did not say if it was the in-development Venom spin-off movie. But many comic book fans believe this to be the case.

Zombieland co-writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick have previously penned drafts of the Venom project, but as far as I can tell, that was before the reboot plans were revealed. Bendis claims that turning down the tie-in project may have hurt his chances of acting as script consultant on the upcoming Marc Webb-directed Spider-Man reboot.

creature4000
06-17-2010, 09:17 AM
The only way this could be cool is if they made it as Dark as possible... even Friday the 13th like!

karamazov80
06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't see how this character deserves his own movie. Not that interested in the idea.

hairlesswookiee
06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
I don't see how this character deserves his own movie. Not that interested in the idea.

There are some decent Venom books out there that don't involve Spidey, but after the crapfest that happened in SM3 I don't care to see/hear anything with Venom in it for a couple more years.

azurepred
06-17-2010, 01:03 PM
The only way this could be cool is if they made it as Dark as possible... even Friday the 13th like!

I forgot all about this as well, but I dont agree with the whole dark thing. I believe Venom as been a sort of anti hero before, and could be casted as one in this flick.

:cuckoo:

Venom ftw :yess:

daikkenaurora
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Please no Topher Grace

villainsfan42
06-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Please no Topher Grace

this needs a bit more emphasis...

PLEASE...PLEASE..PLEASEEE...
NO..TOPHER...GRACE!!!!

karamazov80
06-17-2010, 10:01 PM
You guys are right, Shia Lebouf as Venom or GTFO!

creature4000
06-18-2010, 09:33 AM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :yess:

daikkenaurora
06-18-2010, 09:50 AM
this needs a bit more emphasis...

PLEASE...PLEASE..PLEASEEE...
NO..TOPHER...GRACE!!!!

Much Better.

hahaha from bad to worse.

jonny88
06-18-2010, 10:08 AM
as long as venom is not a skinny whinny annoying _____ like he was in spider man 3. a built cool actor needs to play him, not Topher Grace.venom needs to be scary, and he should be fighting carnage.

Morbach
06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
I feel they do need to make up for Spider-Man 3 but to give him his own movie is a fail.

jonny88
06-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I feel they do need to make up for Spider-Man 3 but to give him his own movie is a fail.

l think it could work. but again most people who make these kind of movies do not have a clue how to do it properly.

azurepred
06-18-2010, 10:39 AM
so who would you guys wanna see play Venom? I havent thought too hard about it, but what do you guys think about Thomas Jane? He has shown he can act in serious movies, action movies and comedies. Its gotta be at least someone with blonde hair.

LChinoz
06-18-2010, 12:21 PM
FAIL.......

creature4000
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
l think it could work. but again most people who make these kind of movies do not have a clue how to do it properly.

:lecture... :goodpost:

Uncle Bingo
03-16-2017, 03:33 PM
Super bump.

Its happening.

Release date: October 5th 2018.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/393125-venom-movie-2#/slide/6

Sweet Rabbit
03-16-2017, 03:34 PM
Well, since Marvel is not in the drivers seat, there's a chance that this won't work out

crows
03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Super bump.

Its happening.

Release date: October 5th 2018.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/393125-venom-movie-2#/slide/6

how the hell did you know this was here and not just make a new thread?

Sweet Rabbit
03-16-2017, 03:37 PM
how the hell did you know this was here and not just make a new thread?

Somebody went dumpster diving:lol

crows
03-16-2017, 03:38 PM
:lol:lol

darthkostis
03-16-2017, 03:42 PM
Watch them jump into this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149324/3552905-5466926433-Agent.jpg

With this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Tony_Revolori_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

crows
03-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Watch them jump into this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/149324/3552905-5466926433-Agent.jpg

With this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Tony_Revolori_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

oh god................ oh god i forgot............................ i forgot......oh s----------------------- :gah:

Chakor
03-16-2017, 04:14 PM
I'm surprised that Sony has actually set a release date. This film has basically been all talk and no action for years. I'm honestly not excited about it given that it's not going to be connected to Sony's franchise or the MCU, but I'm not against it either. This still doesn't mean that anything will actually become of it though. I'll believe it when I see production stills. :lol

Uncle Bingo
03-16-2017, 04:24 PM
I can hardly believe this is finally happening either, and I'll believe it when I see it, but Venom is one of my top 5 favorite Marvel characters so I'm really excited for this if it happens. Seeing them put an actual date on this does make me feel good though. I'd actually prefer this to not be connected to the MCU, as I'd like this movie to be quite dark and violent, much more violent than anything that the MCU has put on screen to date and I definitely want an R rating. I'd like to see Spider-Man in this too but I'd like to see him much older instead of the teenage thing yet again.

ironwez20
03-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Excuse me? Ok so your gonna make a Spider-Man movie without Spider-Man centered around venom. Either that or have two spidermen which would confuse everyone.

Wow somebody put that hack avi arad in a home and get him away from Spider-Man. His stupid ideas are the reason why the asm movies sucked. Basically the man still wants to be in control, what a joke. Nobody is going to see a venom movie without freaking spidey. And sony is stupid for giving this old idiot the ok to do this . Why make a deal if you just wanna make ****** cash in spin offs.

The man who wrote asm2 is directing this. What a damn joke.

Sweet Rabbit
03-16-2017, 04:28 PM
To do the Venom story right, you'd need a minimum of two movies. Peter had the Symbiote from 252-300

ironwez20
03-16-2017, 04:36 PM
Yes. Venom is my favorite villain. He messes with Spider-Man and gets under his skin and haunts him. How can tell the story of how he came to be in a span of one movie? Unless you do some huge retcon and I mean huge retcon.

Sweet Rabbit
03-16-2017, 04:37 PM
Hopefully the MCU does it right since this won't count

Captain Clown
03-16-2017, 07:17 PM
I've been waiting so long for this!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with darthkostis tho; hopefully they won't tie it into Homecoming and instead make it into it's own thing, like how Deadpool was.

a-dev
03-16-2017, 07:36 PM
I can hardly believe this is finally happening either, and I'll believe it when I see it, but Venom is one of my top 5 favorite Marvel characters so I'm really excited for this if it happens. Seeing them put an actual date on this does make me feel good though. I'd actually prefer this to not be connected to the MCU, as I'd like this movie to be quite dark and violent, much more violent than anything that the MCU has put on screen to date and I definitely want an R rating. I'd like to see Spider-Man in this too but I'd like to see him much older instead of the teenage thing yet again.

The Netflix shows are canon with the MCU and those have been more adult and featured some serious violence..

Uncle Bingo
03-16-2017, 07:58 PM
The Netflix shows are canon with the MCU and those have been more adult and featured some serious violence..

Yeah, but as far as I've heard they won't let those characters into any of the movies because of the violence. So its like the stuff that happens in the movies can be talked about on the shows, but the stuff that happens on the shows won't be mentioned in the movies. I heard Vincent D'Onofrio is really trying to push the studio to put the Kingpin in one of the Spider-Man movies though so maybe there will eventually be some hope there. But if Venom is able to do something similar to what the shows can I guess that could work out just fine, but if Venom gets an R rating I wouldn't expect to see him show up in any of the other MCU movies, or be mentioned for that matter.

a-dev
03-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Yeah, but as far as I've heard they won't let those characters into any of the movies because of the violence. So its like the stuff that happens in the movies can be talked about on the shows, but the stuff that happens on the shows won't be mentioned in the movies.

Very frustrating policy.

I heard Vincent D'Onofrio is really trying to push the studio to put the Kingpin in one of the Spider-Man movies though so maybe there will eventually be some hope there. But if Venom is able to do something similar to what the shows can I guess that could work out just fine, but if Venom gets an R rating I wouldn't expect to see him show up in any of the other MCU movies, or be mentioned for that matter.

If that's true hopefully D'Onofrio is successful at that. His Kingpin is fantastic.

SNIKT1950
03-16-2017, 10:43 PM
I really hope that theory about Espinosa's Life turns out to be true. It'd be a bold move for SONY to set up Venom the way LGF did with Blair Witch last year via "The Woods".

ironwez20
03-16-2017, 11:52 PM
But if it doesn't have spiderman in it then it's worthless. If they wanted the rated R horror aspect then make a Carnage movie. He's pretty much a serial killer with no mercy who doesn't fully need spiderman.

cokebabies
03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
Do you think the city underneath San Francisco will be real sets or mostly CGI?

SNIKT1950
03-17-2017, 12:03 AM
But if it doesn't have spiderman in it then it's worthless. If they wanted the rated R horror aspect then make a Carnage movie. He's pretty much a serial killer with no mercy who doesn't fully need spiderman.

It could very well have Spider-Man in it. Its a shared rights deal so SONY can use him.

ironwez20
03-17-2017, 01:20 AM
It could very well have Spider-Man in it. Its a shared rights deal so SONY can use him.

Not if they want to confuse the public and tarnish the deal they made. If they were going to make this anyway then it made no sense for them to make a deal with marvel. Avi Arad is literally a joke.

crows
03-17-2017, 03:02 AM
What if this is a straight up sequel to spiderman 3 and they use topher grace as venom??? :lol :lol :lol

DFanatic
03-17-2017, 06:28 AM
I knew it. I knew Sony was going to put there stink into the MCU at some point. I said it back then it was better to have no Spiderman at all then this "shared rights" crap. They should have waited to get full rights back or not bother with it at all.

MegaPrime33
03-17-2017, 07:01 AM
The only way the movie can work without spidey is have it be all about eddie brock and his story and then give him the symbiot at the end. You can easily throw out Parker's name, and Spider-Man, without actually showing them. The harder part is what to do with a sequel. It would much harder to do this if they went the Flash Thompson route instead. I would find it very surprising if Marvel didn't have some say on whether Tom Holland was in a Sony movie.

Uncle Bingo
03-17-2017, 07:30 AM
What if this is a straight up sequel to spiderman 3 and they use topher grace as venom??? :lol :lol :lol

http://i.imgur.com/oAE6aWL.gif

pturtle
03-17-2017, 07:35 AM
I'm more interested in this than Spider-Man Homecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironwez20
03-17-2017, 07:45 AM

Blasphemy!!!!

pturtle
03-17-2017, 07:48 AM
I can't stress enough how bad that Spider-Man Homecoming trailer was.

RIDDICK
03-17-2017, 07:50 AM
You know, sometimes I image this is how you're browsin' the net...

http://www.vap.co.jp/kiseiju/images/story/story05_slideMain02.jpg

pturtle
03-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Don't really get it, but that picture is funny :lol

crows
03-17-2017, 08:05 AM
The only way the movie can work without spidey is have it be all about eddie brock and his story and then give him the symbiot at the end. You can easily throw out Parker's name, and Spider-Man, without actually showing them. The harder part is what to do with a sequel. It would much harder to do this if they went the Flash Thompson route instead. I would find it very surprising if Marvel didn't have some say on whether Tom Holland was in a Sony movie.

Venom movie with venom at the end.... no

You know, sometimes I image this is how you're browsin' the net...

http://www.vap.co.jp/kiseiju/images/story/story05_slideMain02.jpg

Good representation

pturtle
03-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Crows, please explain to me what that pic represents in relation to me. Never watched the anime.

MegaPrime33
03-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Venom movie with venom at the end.... no

But then you have to get him to fight Spider-Man. When Eddie gets the symbiot it's like the first and only thing he does with it. Basically, as stated previously, a Venom movie without spider-man is pretty impossible to do. Maybe it will be so bad that Marvel will get the rights.

RIDDICK
03-17-2017, 08:36 AM
"Infinity War P1" will be released in May 2018.
It has Spider-Man in space, ala "Secret Wars".

"Venom" in October 2018.
I guess it's a safe bet that Spidey's gonna get his "black costume" in May. :lol

SNIKT1950
03-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Not if they want to confuse the public and tarnish the deal they made. If they were going to make this anyway then it made no sense for them to make a deal with marvel. Avi Arad is literally a joke.

How would they be confusing the public by having Holland in the movie?

Uncle Bingo
03-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Holland is terrible.

#bringbacktobey

Sweet Rabbit
03-17-2017, 11:55 AM

Lulz.

Sweet Rabbit
03-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Crows, please explain to me what that pic represents in relation to me. Never watched the anime.

I think they mean that you're full of **** :lol

ironwez20
03-17-2017, 02:38 PM
How would they be confusing the public by having Holland in the movie?

They wouldn't use Holland tho

ironwez20
03-17-2017, 02:40 PM

It means that while your asleep the parasite in your arm logs on profile and writes outlandish statements

Sweet Rabbit
03-17-2017, 02:41 PM
It means that while your asleep the parasite in your arm logs on profile and writes outlandish statements

I like my answer better :lol

pturtle
03-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Nah, Wez's response was much better :lol

crows
03-17-2017, 02:52 PM

:lol :lol

SNIKT1950
03-17-2017, 06:56 PM
They wouldn't use Holland tho

Why wouldn't they? They can if they want to.

Captain Clown
03-17-2017, 08:39 PM

Cuz he sux.

Uncle Bingo
03-17-2017, 08:43 PM
:lol:lol

ironwez20
03-18-2017, 01:32 AM

This wouldn't be set in the MCU. It would confuse people.

SNIKT1950
03-18-2017, 08:29 AM

It doesn't matter. Its a shared rights deal. The MCU's Spider-Man (Holland) isn't owned solely by Marvel. He has a contract with both studios. SONY can use him at their leisure.

Venom would never feature the other heroes which is fine because the only hero it needs to feature is Spidey.

azurepred
03-18-2017, 12:44 PM

wouldn't it be more confusing to not be? General movie goers aren't going to put 2 and 2 together and will be even more confused if there is a different Spidey than Holland in the Venom film. As much as I'd love for a great Venom film, I feel like it'd make a better Netflix show because I think they could get away with not having Spider-Man in it as much. If Spider-Man isn't going to have much of any role in a Venom film, Carnage would have to be the main "villain" no?

ironwez20
03-18-2017, 01:33 PM
It doesn't matter. Its a shared rights deal. The MCU's Spider-Man (Holland) isn't owned solely by Marvel. He has a contract with both studios. SONY can use him at their leisure.

Venom would never feature the other heroes which is fine because the only hero it needs to feature is Spidey.

No no no . Mcu Spider-Man is solely set in the mcu universe. That's it. The deal was made so marvel and Sony could share the rights . Marvel wanted Spider-Man for years but avi arad would t let go of the rights .

This Spider-Man is for the mcu iteration. This venom project is arad trying to hold on to what's left of Spider-Man. I mean come on it's a movie set in a different universe I don't think they'd be stupid enough to have the same Spider-Man in two different universes with different lore and background. That's confusing. Holland is mcu. Amy pascal made this deal happen so Sony can have Spider-Man in the mcu.

This whole project is from a man angry that he doesn't have his toy anymore and is now trying hard to stay relevant

ironwez20
03-18-2017, 01:36 PM
wouldn't it be more confusing to not be? General movie goers aren't going to put 2 and 2 together and will be even more confused if there is a different Spidey than Holland in the Venom film. As much as I'd love for a great Venom film, I feel like it'd make a better Netflix show because I think they could get away with not having Spider-Man in it as much. If Spider-Man isn't going to have much of any role in a Venom film, Carnage would have to be the main "villain" no?

Yes it would be confusing if it's in a different universe and has different lore and characters than mcu Spider-Man. Venom spidey could have a new cast, a new story, a new attitude from mcu spidey . People would think it's odd that the two Spider-Man movies that just came out don't connect properly

crows
03-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Maybe this is a completely new venom story that has nothing to do with spiderman. Maybe this time the symbiote never joined with spiderman. Maybe it already had those spiderman powers from space.

Kamandi
03-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Sony emoji:

http://i.imgur.com/HDEEBWd.jpg

Sweet Rabbit
03-18-2017, 03:15 PM
:lol :lol :lol

darthkostis
03-18-2017, 05:03 PM
No director, but a draft of the script is ready, it seems: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venom-does-not-have-a-director-but-does-have-a-script-from-jumanji-the-amazing-spider-man-2-scribes-a149685

SNIKT1950
03-18-2017, 08:08 PM
No no no . Mcu Spider-Man is solely set in the mcu universe. That's it. The deal was made so marvel and Sony could share the rights . Marvel wanted Spider-Man for years but avi arad would t let go of the rights .

This Spider-Man is for the mcu iteration. This venom project is arad trying to hold on to what's left of Spider-Man. I mean come on it's a movie set in a different universe I don't think they'd be stupid enough to have the same Spider-Man in two different universes with different lore and background. That's confusing. Holland is mcu. Amy pascal made this deal happen so Sony can have Spider-Man in the mcu.

This whole project is from a man angry that he doesn't have his toy anymore and is now trying hard to stay relevant

I understand that YOU personally wouldn't want Holland in this movie but the deal allows SONY to use Holland. Spidey/Holland doesn't belong to Feige.

ironwez20
03-18-2017, 11:06 PM
I understand that YOU personally wouldn't want Holland in this movie but the deal allows SONY to use Holland. Spidey/Holland doesn't belong to Feige.

Not me personally it just makes logical sense to not have a Spider-Man made to headline the new Disney movies also be a lead or background character in a totally different universe that doesn't connect to the mcu. This Spider-Man could have an old aunt may . Homecoming has a younger one. Things like that would confuse people.

Captain Clown
03-19-2017, 12:05 AM
Or just cut out the middleman and only imply Spider-Man's existence instead of showing him.

ShadowX81
03-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Not me personally it just makes logical sense to not have a Spider-Man made to headline the new Disney movies also be a lead or background character in a totally different universe that doesn't connect to the mcu. This Spider-Man could have an old aunt may . Homecoming has a younger one. Things like that would confuse people.

What is so confusing about it? Currently there are two Flashes and two Supermen and it doesn't seem to be going above anyone's heads..

Kamandi
03-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Some people like to think of an eight pound six ounce Newborn Baby Jesus, in golden fleece diapers, with curled-up, fat, balled-up little fists pawin' at the air..

Others like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt. Or a shape shifter.

I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.

crows
03-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Some people like to think of an eight pound six ounce Newborn Baby Jesus, in golden fleece diapers, with curled-up, fat, balled-up little fists pawin' at the air..

Others like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-shirt. Or a shape shifter.

I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.

https://freedomshammer.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/gun-jesus.jpg

RIDDICK
03-20-2017, 03:30 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/hTN6TZgDoeuIM/giphy.gif

ironwez20
03-20-2017, 03:32 AM
What is so confusing about it? Currently there are two Flashes and two Supermen and it doesn't seem to be going above anyone's heads..

Two who? In what movieverse? Tv doesn't count. Different medium.

RIDDICK
03-20-2017, 04:30 AM
I'm with Wez on this one.
DC has TV shows and movies as two separate things, and many casuals still get confused.
Right now settin' a Venom movie in a parallel to MCU story line would be bad for box office.

crows
03-20-2017, 05:30 AM
they can add doctor strange at the beginning talking about different universes and explaining how this venom is from another earth. they can even get a new spidey in that different earth

RIDDICK
03-20-2017, 05:36 AM
They can, sure. Would they? Most likely not.

crows
03-20-2017, 05:39 AM
that would be an easy way to not confuse everybody

Chakor
03-20-2017, 06:46 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to pull an April's Fools prank on us by writing an "official" article about Carnage being the main villain in the film. :lol

MegaPrime33
03-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Since Flash is in Homecoming, I'm assuming they plan on using Brock, so this won't be an Agent Venom kind of thing. Maybe the symbiot will be the villain? Brock struggling to not succumb to it's whims, an internal struggle.

I just fell asleep writing that.

a-dev
03-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Since Flash is in Homecoming.

OK that confused the **** out of me for a second. :lol ''...but..The Flash is......oh!''

MegaPrime33
03-20-2017, 09:51 AM
OK that confused the **** out of me for a second. :lol ''...but..The Flash is......oh!''

Need to get your nerd references in check :lol

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 10:13 AM
High School Jock Eugene "Flash" Thomson is here to steal yo girl, put you in the locker and **** your mom. Look at him and cower!

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/02/25/movies/video-the-grand-budapest-hotel-tony-revolori-on-his-character/video-the-grand-budapest-hotel-tony-revolori-on-his-character-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RS3hBPJQnAU/UUngoq9SBEI/AAAAAAAALLw/eWQJyoobfbA/s1600/run+for+your+life.gif

pturtle
03-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Is he playing Flash in Homecoming?

a-dev
03-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Joe Manganiello has nothing on that guy.

SNIKT1950
03-20-2017, 10:21 AM
The Liberal/progressive approach to diversity is killing cinema.

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Is he playing Flash in Homecoming?

Yeah, apparently, Flash is an "intellectual" threat this time around. Meaning he's the cokcy teacher's pet who learns things by heart, but isn't actually that smart when it comes to figuring things out. From what I know, Peter's in a "science school", so everyone's a "genius" there. Meaning that we probably won't get the Archie-like style of the first issues, with the "gang", Liz Allen and whatnot. Flash not being a muscle-head jock is really a poor decision.

Joe Manganiello has nothing on that guy.

Pfft, Revolori eats him for breakfast. Look at those arms!

http://mcuexchange.com/thesite/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/tom-holland-zendaya-spider-man-atlanta-first-set-pics-06.jpg

Dem Gainz!

crows
03-20-2017, 10:33 AM
I understand not wanting to get a white guy and i get wanting diversity but why not hire a guy like this?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4e/8a/54/4e8a544200d13d3626ca6f9943814862.jpg

Thats what makes no sense to me. They could have easily gotten a latino hunk.

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 10:38 AM
But Flash is the All-American, All-Aryan guy. That's his niche. And that's why his transformation from victim of abuse, to bully, to soldier to Agent Venom works so well. After HS he tried to set things right with Pete and get his life on track, but considering he had no Academic Success, joining the army was his only choice. Making him "an intellectual rival" completely misses the point of the character.

Khev
03-20-2017, 10:40 AM
High School Jock Eugene "Flash" Thomson is here to steal yo girl, put you in the locker and **** your mom. Look at him and cower!

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/02/25/movies/video-the-grand-budapest-hotel-tony-revolori-on-his-character/video-the-grand-budapest-hotel-tony-revolori-on-his-character-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

I assume he won't be a bully then? Hollywood wouldn't dare make a non-white person a jerk/bad guy.

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 10:43 AM
I assume he won't be a bully then? Hollywood wouldn't dare make a non-white person a jerk/bad guy.

All I know is that he's an "intellectual rival". So they're practically trying a Von Doom/Richards scenario and I gu-Oh... God. It just hit me... If Marvel ever gets the F4 rights back, they're gonna make Doom a POC due to his mixed Roma roots... And he's not even gonna be doing magic, just quantum physiblblala. Oh dear... Fox better make a good F4 Reboot! Complete with Science Wizard who battles Demons Doom!

crows
03-20-2017, 11:11 AM

Their reasoning for the bullying is that todays bullies are not necessarily though big guys anymore but todays bullying is more psychological and verbal

Captain Clown
03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Their reasoning for the bullying is that todays bullies are not necessarily though big guys anymore but todays bullying is more psychological and verbal

Khev
03-20-2017, 11:26 AM

But then what't the reasoning for making a non-white bad guy? To Hollywood that's a big no no.

RIDDICK
03-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Imagine if "Spider-man 3" was a different (good) movie, Raimiverse wasn't dead and they were doin' Flash justice.
We'd be gettin' "Agent Venom" starrin' Joe freakin' Manganiello right now.
Man, this is sad...

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Imagine if "Spider-man 3" was a different and good movie, Raimiverse wasn't dead and they were doin' Flash justice.
We'd be gettin' "Agent Venom" starrin' Joe freakin' Manganiello right now.
Man, this is sad...

http://data.whicdn.com/images/67111336/large.gif

Sweet Rabbit
03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
All I know is that he's an "intellectual rival". So they're practically trying a Von Doom/Richards scenario and I gu-Oh... God. It just hit me... If Marvel ever gets the F4 rights back, they're gonna make Doom a POC due to his mixed Roma roots... And he's not even gonna be doing magic, just quantum physiblblala. Oh dear... Fox better make a good F4 Reboot! Complete with Science Wizard who battles Demons Doom!

If they did...I hope they pair him up with Dr. Strange eventually

RIDDICK
03-20-2017, 11:36 AM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/67111336/large.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/eb/07/6a/eb076a0db032e89c8e8c3297a5ed194f.jpg

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 11:37 AM
If they did...I hope they pair him up with Dr. Strange eventually

The MCU is never gonna do Doom justice though. They'll probably cast a POC to appease the SJWs, tone him down and turn him into a corny joke. The first part is a given, the others are to be expected. There's this notion that Romas are dark-skinned, but the ones residing in the Balkans are as white as the rest of us. Add to that that his father is of Germanic origin, and Doom should look like your standard European guy. But nah, the Tumblrinas want someone as dark as MBJ, apparently, or a Spanish Flemngo dancer who has some Roma blood.

Casting issues aside, it really would be hard for the MCU to do him justice. Considering magic in this Universe is pretty tame and without any occult influences, Doom loses what makes him unique. He is a character deeply rooted in Folklore, Occultism, 60s Mad-Scientists and whatnot. Take away his brutallity and viciousness on certain ocassions, and he loses the "fear" factor.

I am sorry to say it, but the only chance for a good Doom represantation is an R-Rated solo flick by Fox.

crows
03-20-2017, 11:52 AM
But then what't the reasoning for making a non-white bad guy? To Hollywood that's a big no no.

Well the villain is white birdman so i guess this gets a pass. Almost all the students around him are non white because " it is new york" so then i guess this bully gets a pass

ironwez20
03-20-2017, 12:59 PM
I understand not wanting to get a white guy and i get wanting diversity but why not hire a guy like this?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4e/8a/54/4e8a544200d13d3626ca6f9943814862.jpg

Thats what makes no sense to me. They could have easily gotten a latino hunk.

Somthing stupid Holland said like " physical bullies don't exist anymore and words hurt more or some bs" like kids don't fight anymore. Kids fight all the time.

Khev
03-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Somthing stupid Holland said like " physical bullies don't exist anymore and words hurt more or some bs" like kids don't fight anymore. Kids fight all the time.

Oh wow. I can see it now:

Flash: "My dad voted for Trump!"

*Holland frantically looks for Legos and coloring books, can't find them, dies*

Sweet Rabbit
03-20-2017, 01:03 PM

****...we kicked each other's ass every day when I was in school...We used to take people out back behind the school after football practice and beat their ass :lol

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Oh wow. I can see it now:

Flash: "My dad voted for Trump!"

*Holland frantically looks for Legos and coloring books, can't find them, dies*

Ganke is a major Lego fan, which has carried over to Homecoming. The WTF thing is that, the kid who looks exactly like Ganke, is called "Ned Leeds" (yeah, Betty's husband turned Hobgoblin proxy), and the kid playing Ganke is a scrawny white kid... I still don't know why the hell they did what they did. What does swapping names achieve?!

Khev
03-20-2017, 01:10 PM
I really wish Keaton wasn't in this movie. His involvement is basically forcing me to check it out.

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 01:15 PM
I really wish Keaton wasn't in this movie. His involvement is basically forcing me to check it out.

He is the only reason I'll be watching this, TBH. I'm fed up with High Scool Spider-Man BS, and a HS Trilogy makes me wanna puke. Spider-Man is a Grade-A Bad-Ass, but all we're getting the last few years is him being a whinny ***** in HS. Not to mention most of the cool villains have been left out. Kraven, Mysterio, Hobgoblin, Chameleon, Carnage, Spider-Slayer, etc, etc. At least DaFoe & Molina gave us a good Osborn and a great Ock.

Khev
03-20-2017, 01:19 PM
He is the only reason I'll be watching this, TBH. I'm fed up with High Scool Spider-Man BS, and a HS Trilogy makes me wanna puke. Spider-Man is a Grade-A Bad-Ass, but all we're getting the last few years is him being a whinny ***** in HS. Not to mention most of the cool villains have been left out. Kraven, Mysterio, Hobgoblin, Chameleon, Carnage, Spider-Slayer, etc, etc. At least DaFoe & Molina gave us a good Osborn and a great Ock.

Agreed, though judging from the trailers Keaton looks like he'll be giving us a Vulture on the same level as Dafoe Goblin and Molina Doc Ock.

ironwez20
03-20-2017, 01:22 PM

Also a good depiction of venom. I'm all for diverse characters but there is no pleasing the people who want "change" in this genre.

Example. Overwatch. The main character is a gay woman and the face of the game . People whined cause she was to pretty and pandered to cis men fantasies. What? So if they made her unattractive I'm guessing things would go smooth ? Hell no there would be a riot.

Look it's cool to have characters of different colors and things like that but don't change who they are. As for dr doom. Well I think they'd keep him white. Reed Richards however would be a different race.

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Agreed, though judging from the trailers Keaton looks like he'll be giving us a Vulture on the same level as Dafoe and Molina.

We'll see. Vulture is a bland AF character in the books, so whatever becomes of him will be solely because of Keaton's charisma. One thing that bugs me is that they always had the Vulture be green, when red makes much more sense. I was actually hoping they'd go with that colour scheme. I get that green is usually colour-coded as the villain's, and red would make him too similar to Spider-Man & Iron Man, but the redn'black colour-scheme from Spectacular was on-point IMO.

Also a good depiction of venom. I'm all for diverse characters but there is no pleasing the people who want "change" in this genre.

Example. Overwatch. The main character is a gay woman and the face of the game . People whined cause she was to pretty and pandered to cis men fantasies. What? So if they made her unattractive I'm guessing things would go smooth ? Hell no there would be a riot.

Look it's cool to have characters of different colors and things like that but don't change who they are. As for dr doom. Well I think they'd keep him white. Reed Richards however would be a different race.

Tumblrinas gonna Tumblr. They're currently complaining because the woman with a short haircut in ME: Andromeda (think ScarJo's current look) isn't a lesbian, but is straight. You just can't please them.

As for Reed, it's funny, but in all of the Alt-Us that we saw over at Hickman's Council of Reeds, they were all white. One of the Three Top Dogs was Nazi Reed. You ask me, it's much more likely they'd make the Storms black. As for Doom, he has to be white. Maybe have some European features like Deodato's tracings of Cassel, but making him mixed or fully black would be a huuuuuge mistake.

Sweet Rabbit
03-20-2017, 01:25 PM

Back in the day, there was barely a buzz when Samus turned out to be a girl :lol

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Back in the day, there was barely a buzz when Samus turned out to be a girl :lol

She's Trans bro. It's been confirmed by a "professional web journalist". It's real bro, just accept it.

Sweet Rabbit
03-20-2017, 01:28 PM
She's Trans bro. It's been confirmed by a "professional web journalist". It's real bro, just accept it.

Is that what they're calling it now? :lol

a-dev
03-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Tumblrinas gonna Tumblr. They're currently complaining because the woman with a short haircut in ME: Andromeda (think ScarJo's current look) isn't a lesbian, but is straight. You just can't please them.

Someone in my circle IRL was apparently disappointed in Star Wars Rogue One for not being diverse enough. :slap A film that knowingly and specifically cast a female lead and a range of races in hero roles and did the dutiful thing of making the only straight up white guy be the new villain. So yeah I'm starting to see for myself how they will never be pleased...well, some of them anyway.

Captain Clown
03-20-2017, 01:45 PM
Reboot the Earth.

darthkostis
03-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Is that what they're calling it now? :lol

OMG, don't you like, know FemFreq? You sexist pig! But yeah, that's what they're calling themselves. "Professionals"...

Someone in my circle IRL was apparently disappointed in Star Wars Rogue One for not being diverse enough. :slap A film that knowingly and specifically cast a female lead and a range of races in hero roles and did the dutiful thing of making the only straight up white guy be the new villain. So yeah I'm starting to see for myself how they will never be pleased...well, some of them anyway.

Well, those are some Advanced SJW Levels of PC right there... Kidding aside, RO did diversity right IMO. It wasn't forced and it didn't change anything from the canon. These were just the protagonists, simple as that.

crows
03-20-2017, 02:57 PM

I dont know about your friend but when people make comments like that it means " i dont want white actors in movies"

SNIKT1950
03-20-2017, 03:30 PM

I'm in the same sinking boat.

Captain Clown
03-20-2017, 07:56 PM

SNIKT1950
03-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Beep beep

cokebabies
03-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Or just cut out the middleman and only imply Spider-Man's existence instead of showing him.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/952/ZKCXVpE.jpg

darthkostis
03-22-2017, 04:25 PM
I ain't creating a new thread for this: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/another-spider-man-spin-off-in-the-works-as-sony-gets-thor-ragnarok-scribe-for-black-cat-silver-sable-movie-a149815

https://media.giphy.com/media/rRF6x3pxTWePK/giphy.gif

SNIKT1950
03-22-2017, 04:41 PM
I love Silver Sable. Def watching that.

Khev
03-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Too bad Sony squandered their chance to have Jyn Erso as Black Cat. She looks mighty fine scaling walls in tight black attire. :lecture

SNIKT1950
03-22-2017, 04:48 PM
Jessica Biel would murder people as SS. It'd be explosive.

darthkostis
03-22-2017, 04:54 PM
I'd rather see an R-Rated Carnage movie where he's treated like the Xeno in Alien. Kinda like the most recent run. That'd be nice. But Black Cat & Silver Sable? Nah. They're fine supporting characters (yeah, yeah, I know, Sable had that "Wild Pack" solo in the 90s), but that's where it stops for me.

Junkion
03-22-2017, 05:08 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/019/952/ZKCXVpE.jpg

:lol

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcdtcYx4bkO9tuM/giphy.gif

pturtle
03-27-2017, 10:11 AM
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venom-movie-is-reportedly-being-developed-as-an-r-rated-launch-for-sonys-own-marvel-cinematic-universe-a149950

Yup, like I said before, way more interested in this than Homecoming.

Uncle Bingo
03-27-2017, 10:41 AM
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venom-movie-is-reportedly-being-developed-as-an-r-rated-launch-for-sonys-own-marvel-cinematic-universe-a149950

Yup, like I said before, way more interested in this than Homecoming.

Yup, completely agree.

Snake Plissken
03-27-2017, 10:51 AM
I first saw the Homecoming trailer over the weekend... yeah been there done that.

Now I'm sure Sony will take creative liberties with the design of Venom, and that's fine... but please for the love of God... make him a hulking monster with a big flailing tongue... it's utterly essential.

Not that stupid Xenomorph suit from SM3.

Chakor
03-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Huh, I'm surprised. My hopes for this are raised a little higher knowing that it's supposed to be rated R, but... Sony still needs to get the right people in this, and they need to start filming and leaking production pics so that we're not left in the dark. Otherwise, this is still all talk and no action.

Chakor
03-27-2017, 12:52 PM
I'd rather see an R-Rated Carnage movie where he's treated like the Xeno in Alien. Kinda like the most recent run. That'd be nice.

To do the Carnage story right, they would need to get past a lot of other stuff first (I.E., the Venom movie if it actually gets released and doesn't fail). That said, I do like the sound of Carnage being treated like the original Xeno. The odds of it actually happening? Different story, LOL.

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 01:11 PM
Psh this movie will be like fant4stic. I have no faith in the fools who tried to run the franchise in the ground. This has no build up just trying to make a franchise with supporting characters.

Sony has lost there minds. I rather have build up for venom then for him to just show up.

darthkostis
03-27-2017, 01:32 PM
To do the Carnage story right, they would need to get past a lot of other stuff first (I.E., the Venom movie if it actually gets released and doesn't fail). That said, I do like the sound of Carnage being treated like the original Xeno. The odds of it actually happening? Different story, LOL.

Yeah, I guess. If Venom is good, and if it happens it'll surely feature Carnage, or at least Cletus, you can do a spin-off. But from what I hear, they're gonna do "The Thing", but with Venom. Which is... eh. There's already a comic about that:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/13606/FEB031328._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

But considering the recent Carnage book was Carnage meets Alien meets The Thing meets Lovecraft, I'd love to see it happen.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 01:42 PM
I'm gonna laugh hysterically if this ends up being better than Homecoming. Feige will pull out the two hairs he has left on his head.

pturtle
03-27-2017, 01:56 PM
I'm gonna laugh hysterically if this ends up being better than Homecoming. Feige will pull out the two hairs he has left on his head.

Depending on who directs this, I'd say there's a great chance this turns out better than Homecoming.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 01:58 PM

Depending on who directs this, I'd say there's a great chance this turns out better than Homecoming.

I'm really starting to believe SONY regrets the deal they made with Marvel. They should have just gone forward with ASM3, hired new writers to deliver a quality script and made a good film that made people forget ASM2.

pturtle
03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
I'm really starting to believe SONY regrets the deal they made with Marvel. They should have just gone forward with ASM3, hired new writers to deliver a quality script and made a good film that made people forget ASM2.

So since their leasing out Spider-Man, does that mean they can't create another live action Spider-Man?

Because if they can, Sony would be geniuses if they let Marvel use Holland Spidey while making money on him, and utilizing another Peter Parker Spidey for their own movies. They'd make bank.

I personally don't think Spider-Man is needed for an R rated horror Venom flick, but it's hard to imagine a Black Cat movie without Spider-Man's involvement.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 02:16 PM
So since their leasing out Spider-Man, does that mean they can't create another live action Spider-Man?

Because if they can, Sony would be geniuses if they let Marvel use Holland Spidey while making money on him, and utilizing another Peter Parker Spidey for their own movies. They'd make bank.

I personally don't think Spider-Man is needed for an R rated horror Venom flick, but it's hard to imagine a Black Cat movie without Spider-Man's involvement.

They're allowed to use their own. Its still their character.

And I agree, it'd be an epic middle finger to Marvel Studios if they cast a better, older Spider-Man for their films.

Junkion
03-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Aside from the questionable marketability of a non-Parker Spidey when Sony couldn't even get the ASM series together, I would be extremely surprised if Marvel/Disney didn't have their army of lawyers forbid creating a new, competitive Spiderman character while they're sharing the property.

I don't think you'll be seeing any Epic Middle Fingers towards their extremely beneficial partnership. :lol

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 02:40 PM

Here's the thing tho. The movie won't be good cause it's a cash grab like asm2 was. It was meant to build a universe instead of tell its story. Asm3 was going to lead to another big huge type movie in sinister six.

Yes the venom movie is already a giant middle finger to marvel . But in all honesty. I'd rather have mcu Parker then dub step electro and crack head goblin. O and don't forget Norman Osborn dying and Peter not giving a crap about uncle Ben and trying to go after his parents.

Yea Sony had some great ideas alright. Just like with this. No way in hell do I expect a good movie from the very man who made deadpool what he was in origins and the other man who made Spider-Man 3 the mess that it was.

I know the mcu killed your puppy in front of your very eyes but Spider-Man is in better shape at Disney than he is in the hands of those hacks who haven't made a great spidey movie since 2.

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 02:43 PM
They're allowed to use their own. Its still their character.

And I agree, it'd be an epic middle finger to Marvel Studios if they cast a better, older Spider-Man for their films.

If they could make there own Spider-Man films then they'd just make a new franchise. It doesn't make a lick of sense to create a deal only to make another Spider-Man universe.

Khev
03-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Yeah the whole point of the deal on Sony's side was to ride Marvel's coattails by making movies about the guy who appeared in Civil War.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Here's the thing tho. The movie won't be good cause it's a cash grab like asm2 was.

Assumptions.

No way in hell do I expect a good movie from the very man who made deadpool what he was in origins and the other man who made Spider-Man 3 the mess that it was.

You don't even know who's directing this. All they need to do is give this to a David Robert Mitchell or an Adam Wingard or any other great genre director and it'll smoke every [safe family friendly kids table] movie the MCU ever put out.

At the MCU there is only one director - and he has no interest in anything bold or transcendent.

Uncle Bingo
03-27-2017, 03:27 PM
At the MCU there is only one director - and he has no interest in anything bold or transcendent.

:exactly:

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 06:26 PM
Assumptions.

You don't even know who's directing this. All they need to do is give this to a David Robert Mitchell or an Adam Wingard or any other great genre director and it'll smoke every [safe family friendly kids table] movie the MCU ever put out.

Lol what makes you think they are gonna get any of those guys? The producers are the one running this **** show. The same people who did Spider-Man 3-asm2. You act like only Disney are the ones that screw up. Have you seen the great spidey 3 debacle. The same idiot that's behind this movie ruined that movie.

O btw it's not an assumption that asm2 was a cash grab. It was a world building movie trying to hype sinister six but failed hard. Notice all the plot points in the movie.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 06:40 PM
Lol what makes you think they are gonna get any of those guys? The producers are the one running this **** show. The same people who did Spider-Man 3-asm2. You act like only Disney are the ones that screw up. Have you seen the great spidey 3 debacle. The same idiot that's behind this movie ruined that movie.

O btw it's not an assumption that asm2 was a cash grab. It was a world building movie trying to hype sinister six but failed hard. Notice all the plot points in the movie.

So according to you, producers are incapable of bouncing back from bad decisions?

Sure, Arad was behind ASM2 & SM3. But he was also behind SM2 & ASM1 which were great films.

Take Lauren Donner for instance who produced every X-Men movie (and show) to date. After the travesty that was Origins she enlisted Singer's help to soft reboot the franchise via First Class and called back Vaughn (who almost directed X3) to helm it.

Your hate boner for Arad is making you unreasonable. ASM2 was a bad movie, yes, but bad movies happen sometimes.

With the MCU its not a case of one bad movie here and there but rather a formula that's been prevalent for almost the entirety of the franchise. Where FOX and SONY have had bumps along the road, Marvel is for the most part safe and generic in its approach to CBMs with only a few exceptions that somehow got past Feige's bland grip.

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 07:15 PM
So according to you, producers are incapable of bouncing back from bad decisions?

Sure, Arad was behind ASM2 & SM3. But he was also behind SM2 & ASM1 which were great films.

Take Lauren Donner for instance who produced every X-Men movie (and show) to date. After the travesty that was Origins she enlisted Singer's help to soft reboot the franchise via First Class and called back Vaughn (who almost directed X3) to helm it.

Your hate boner for Arad is making you unreasonable. ASM2 was a bad movie, yes, but bad movies happen sometimes.

With the MCU its not a case of one bad movie here and there but rather a formula that's been prevalent for almost the entirety of the franchise. Where FOX and SONY have had bumps along the road, Marvel is for the most part safe and generic in its approach to CBMs with only a few exceptions that somehow got past Feige's bland grip.

O I have a hate boner? That's rich. And asm1-2 plus sm3 were bad movies under avi arad. Maybe your hug hatred blinds you to the fact that most studios don't give a **** bout the property they are in it just for a cash grab. There is no love being put into the story. Sony had more than a few bumps my friend, they screwed up and they kept making the same mistakes.

This movie is being made to capitalize on venom's success. Also buddy stop bringing the mcu into everything. I get it, you hate them, still doesn't justify Sony making crap movies and decisions. These people are the same people who greenlighted the emoji movie.
And arad was behind sm1 and 2 but raimi was in control, once arad starting calling the shots .... well yea.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 07:27 PM
O I have a hate boner? That's rich.

You do. There's no other way to reconcile why you think a producer behind two great CBMs is incapable of making another great CBM.

And asm1-2 plus sm3 were bad movies under avi arad.

ASM1 was not a bad movie. Its a damn good movie.

Sony had more than a few bumps my friend, they screwed up and they kept making the same mistakes.

No, they had one bump (SM3) that forced them to reboot. Then they had another bump (ASM2) that scared them into the rights sharing deal with Marvel. If Arad and SONY had put out 4-5 consecutive bad movies then your hate boner would be warranted. They haven't so it isn't.

This movie is being made to capitalize on venom's success.

No ****. Why else would a studio finance a CBM? The motivation is always to capitalize on the character's iconography. The question is will they capitalize on it via something inspired or something lazy? Given that this will be an R-rated horror feature, things are already sounding pretty damn inspired.

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 07:47 PM
You do. There's no other way to reconcile why you think a producer behind two great CBMs is incapable of making another great CBM.

ASM1 was not a bad movie. Its a damn good movie.

No, they had one bump (SM3) that forced them to reboot. Then they had another bump (ASM2) that scared them into the rights sharing deal with Marvel. If Arad and SONY had put out 4-5 consecutive bad movies then your hate boner would be warranted. They haven't so it isn't.

No ****. Why else would a studio finance a CBM? The motivation is always to capitalize on the character's iconography. The question is will they capitalize on it via something inspired or something lazy? Given that this will be an R-rated horror feature, things are already sounding pretty damn inspired.

You liking the asm is your opinion . They got the same guy who made deadpool look like he did in origins supporting this movie why don't you think about that.

And my hate for arad is warranted . You hate the mcu even though they made decent to good movies. What has arad done? He is responsible for almost running the franchise in the ground, dub step electro, Harry goblin, rushing a silly cinematic universe. That's all on him. Why don't you research the guy. He's the idiot pushed for venom in 3 and look what happened .

Yea they capitalized on venoms success but that's not a good thing. Actually developing the characters, having depth and story do. Not just throwing some **** movie together in a short period of time and that's it.
Also for the people who actually want to see venom vs Spider-Man and venom actually be the bane in Spider-Man's life well I guess we are screwed there. O but what about silver sable and black cat? lol it's like Sony is trying to one up the catwoman movie by making movies of supporting characters that only work with Spider-Man.

Arad is the same dummy who wants an aunt may movie. Yea he's gonna do great. He basically kicked raimi to the curve after three and rebooted in his own vision.

Also how does giving it an r rating make it inspired? It's just riding on the hype of Logan and deadpool it doesn't mean they have a brilliant story in mind lmao.

I swear as long as it's not mcu comic movie you'll praise the hell out of it. Yea mcu is generic but hell Sony couldn't do any better.

pturtle
03-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Avi might have pushed for Venom in SM3 ( why wouldn't he?) all the blame goes on Raimi and his writer for that movie. Let's not pretend like the only thing wrong with Spider-Man 3 was Venom or his inclusion in that movie. Everything sucked except for the action, I can't blame that on the producers.

I doubt Avi was behind the look and characterization of Electro or GG. He should be blamed by forcing a shared universe, but what studio isn't doing that? Fox, Universal, Warner Bros are doing the same thing.

A Venom movie in the vein of Alien has me far more excited than a 6th Spider-Man movie that seems to not be attempting anything new or different.

I guarantee even if the Venom movie turns out terrible it'll end more memorable than Homecoming.

SNIKT1950
03-27-2017, 07:56 PM
I don't like Avi Arad so I think this movie is going to suck.

Yep, so the argument is pointless.

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Yep, so the argument is pointless.

I don't like mcu so therefore the movie is going to suck - you .

I can do it to

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 08:18 PM
Avi might have pushed for Venom in SM3 ( why wouldn't he?) all the blame goes on Raimi and his writer for that movie. Let's not pretend like the only thing wrong with Spider-Man 3 was Venom or his inclusion in that movie. Everything sucked except for the action, I can't blame that on the producers.

I doubt Avi was behind the look and characterization of Electro or GG. He should be blamed by forcing a shared universe, but what studio isn't doing that? Fox, Universal, Warner Bros are doing the same thing.

A Venom movie in the vein of Alien has me far more excited than a 6th Spider-Man movie that seems to not be attempting anything new or different.

I guarantee even if the Venom movie turns out terrible it'll end more memorable than Homecoming.

Ok but Spider-Man is a shared universe. There is no need to have a wider universe when he's in the same universe. And what makes you think this venom movie will be like alien? What makes you think Spider-Man homecoming won't be memorable but a half assed venom movie will.

Look you can hate the mcu all you want I don't care. I'm a Spider-Man fan first but I have Sony a chance and they screwed up multiple times. There decisions are poor .
Also avi gets the blame for Spider-Man 3 since he's the one who pushed for venom and made the movie a jumbled mess. He's been trying to make a venom movie for years now. And the mcu has Spider-Man he decides to release it now? Lol ok.
And what do you mean the new Spider-Man movie is t attempting anything new and different.

Spidey in the mcu with other heroes
Spidey in Washington DC
Spidey fighting vulture
Spidey fighting with iron man

The only thing that's the same is that he's in highschool.... what?

crows
03-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Ok but Spider-Man is a shared universe. There is no need to have a wider universe when he's in the same universe. And what makes you think this venom movie will be like alien? What makes you think Spider-Man homecoming won't be memorable but a half assed venom movie will.

Look you can hate the mcu all you want I don't care. I'm a Spider-Man fan first but I have Sony a chance and they screwed up multiple times. There decisions are poor .
Also avi gets the blame for Spider-Man 3 since he's the one who pushed for venom and made the movie a jumbled mess. He's been trying to make a venom movie for years now. And the mcu has Spider-Man he decides to release it now? Lol ok.
And what do you mean the new Spider-Man movie is t attempting anything new and different.

Spidey in Washington DC
Spidey fighting vulture

I kinda wanna see a venom movie. This might be the only way.

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 08:30 PM
I kinda wanna see a venom movie. This might be the only way.
I do to but I want to see a justice done to the character. He's my favorite villain

pturtle
03-27-2017, 08:48 PM

Spidey in Washington DC
Spidey fighting vulture

I didn't say it was gonna be like alien, but the prospect of that is intriguing. If it's a horror/Alien movie first featuring Venom, then I'll be happy.

Half ass Venom movie? You saw the movie already? :lol

We've already seen Spiderman in a movie with other heroes, and that's nothing new or original now :lol

Spidey is in Washington DC? Who cares? Should I be excited if he's in Chicago in the next movie? :lol

Spidey fighting new villain with familiar tired motivations, that we've already seen.

We've already seen Spidey fighting with Iron Man.

The trailer showed a ton of retreading from previous movies all the way down to the dialogue.

- Love interest is once again the popular chick out of his league that wants to know why he's been acting so strange, and of course he gives the same excuses we've heard from previous films while doing the same thing Garfield was doing when he'd be lying, on cell phone on top of a building. How much you wanna bet there's at least one scene where he has to save her from danger, and she'll probably want to know who he is.

- Another Aerial green villain that knows Peter is Spidey and threatens everyone he loves.

- Spidey back in highschool having trouble balancing his relationships and being a crime fighter

- Spidey and Iron Man fighting side by side again

- Peter unable to focus in class

Even the set pieces they showed look strangely familiar.

That's pretty much all we got regarding the plot and characters from the first trailer.

Also I don't know how this movie has been so under the radar on this board when considering all the pandering they're doing with the casting.

I'll take an R rated Venom movie any day over a movie with this leading cast

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170328/d0de16787b7305c0edd6692eb9d95c97.jpg

When Fox panders, people go crazy, MCU panders and not a peep.

This looks like a Spider-Man Disney channel movie.

Captain Clown
03-27-2017, 09:06 PM

Technically, it is.

I'm still sad that Keaton is in this. :monkey2

ironwez20
03-27-2017, 09:57 PM
I didn't say it was gonna be like alien, but the prospect of that is intriguing. If it's a horror/Alien movie first featuring Venom, then I'll be happy.

Half ass Venom movie? You saw the movie already? :lol

We've already seen Spiderman in a movie with other heroes, and that's nothing new or original now :lol

Spidey is in Washington DC? Who cares? Should I be excited if he's in Chicago in the next movie? :lol

Spidey fighting new villain with familiar tired motivations, that we've already seen.

We've already seen Spidey fighting with Iron Man.

The trailer showed a ton of retreading from previous movies all the way down to the dialogue.

- Love interest is once again the popular chick out of his league that wants to know why he's been acting so strange, and of course he gives the same excuses we've heard from previous films while doing the same thing Garfield was doing when he'd be lying, on cell phone on top of a building. How much you wanna bet there's at least one scene where he has to save her from danger, and she'll probably want to know who he is.

- Another Aerial green villain that knows Peter is Spidey and threatens everyone he loves.

- Spidey back in highschool having trouble balancing his relationships and being a crime fighter

- Spidey and Iron Man fighting side by side again

- Peter unable to focus in class

Even the set pieces they showed look strangely familiar.

That's pretty much all we got regarding the plot and characters from the first trailer.

Also I don't know how this movie has been so under the radar on this board when considering all the pandering they're doing with the casting.

I'll take an R rated Venom movie any day over a movie with this leading cast

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170328/d0de16787b7305c0edd6692eb9d95c97.jpg

When Fox panders, people go crazy, MCU panders and not a peep.

So You seen the movie already? So you know how will it all play out or are you just throwing in baseless arguments cause "duh mcu is a stupid abd I don't like it cause it pways safe"

So you rather have a half ass thrown together venom movie written by the Sane guy who did transformers 2, produced by the guy who ran the franchise into the ground and is slated for a 2018 release even tho it has t casted yet. Lol ok.

Your basing your whole opinion on one freaking trailer. But yea the venom movie will get it pass cause " it's not mcu" lol k.

And we only seen Spider-Man interact with iron man and the rest for like one movie and it was brief what are you even saying?

Yea it should be a big deal that he's fighting in new environments instead of freaking New York all the time.

But hey it's cool. You can hate this movie and love this half assed venom movie cause " it's not duh mcu" but it doesn't change the fact that it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Tom rothman the same man who made deadpool baracka pool in origins and the man who thought dub step was cool on electro are in charge of this. Yea think about that.

I rather have a " Disney channel" Spider-Man than some money grab movie that won't respect the source anyday and tries to pull the franchise under.

EVILFACE
03-27-2017, 10:17 PM
Spidey is my favorite but I don't need to see him take on Flash for the third set of movies. And :lol at Disney channel cast. I like the Parker casting, but the rest, uggg.

Never cared much for venom myself, but my interest in the modern comic book scene ended in the early 90's.

pturtle
03-27-2017, 11:18 PM
So You seen the movie already? So you know how will it all play out or are you just throwing in baseless arguments cause "duh mcu is a stupid abd I don't like it cause it pways safe"

So you rather have a half ass thrown together venom movie written by the Sane guy who did transformers 2, produced by the guy who ran the franchise into the ground and is slated for a 2018 release even tho it has t casted yet. Lol ok.

Your basing your whole opinion on one freaking trailer. But yea the venom movie will get it pass cause " it's not mcu" lol k.

And we only seen Spider-Man interact with iron man and the rest for like one movie and it was brief what are you even saying?

Yea it should be a big deal that he's fighting in new environments instead of freaking New York all the time.

But hey it's cool. You can hate this movie and love this half assed venom movie cause " it's not duh mcu" but it doesn't change the fact that it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Tom rothman the same man who made deadpool baracka pool in origins and the man who thought dub step was cool on electro are in charge of this. Yea think about that.

I rather have a " Disney channel" Spider-Man than some money grab movie that won't respect the source anyday and tries to pull the franchise under.

Nope, haven't seen the movie but I'm obviously judging everything based on the trailer, leaks, and info we've got from the director and cast. That's a lot more than we know about our "half-assed" Venom movie :lol

I'm such a MCU hater yet I'm looking forward to GOTG2, go check that thread and see if I was being negative in it.

For all I know this movie could be Oscar worthy, but same thing can be said about the new Transformers movie, based on their trailers though I highly doubt that. I'm guessing you've never had lowered expectations after watching a trailer.

How am I giving the Venom movie a pass? All I know is it's r rated and will be a horror/action film. That tiny bit of info excites me, everything I've seen read and heard about Homecoming has been terrible. Even the title sucks :lol

Rothman was also around for X1, X2, and First Class, what's your point?

What is it with you and your one movie rule? It's irrelevant, I've already seen Spider-Man team up with a bunch of superheroes, that novelty has now worn off. And again, we've already seen a movie with Spidey in another state, We've already seen Uncle Iron Man and Spidey teaming up, nothing new there.

You're delusional if you think this Spider-Man movie or any other big budget movie isn't a cash grab :lol

The fact that they're teaming Spiderman up with the most popular superhero in the world right now should tell you something.

Hey man, I ain't judging, if you'd prefer a Disney Channel Spiderman movie over an R rated Venom movie I ain't madd at you, but I personally would rather see a scary Venom movie where he's tearing up some fools instead of watching hipster Spider-Man and his PC friends. That's just me though :lol

pturtle
03-27-2017, 11:22 PM
Technically, it is.

I'm still sad that Keaton is in this. :monkey2

Yup :lol

All these actors have sold their soul to the mouse. I'm almost certain Keaton will be an unmemorable villain. I feel bad for all the members here seeing it just for him, they're going to be mighty disappointed :lol

ironwez20
03-28-2017, 12:37 AM
Nope, haven't seen the movie but I'm obviously judging everything based on the trailer, leaks, and info we've got from the director and cast. That's a lot more than we know about our "half-assed" Venom movie :lol

I'm such a MCU hater yet I'm looking forward to GOTG2, go check that thread and see if I was being negative in it.

For all I know this movie could be Oscar worthy, but same thing can be said about the new Transformers movie, based on their trailers though I highly doubt that. I'm guessing you've never had lowered expectations after watching a trailer.

How am I giving the Venom movie a pass? All I know is it's r rated and will be a horror/action film. That tiny bit of info excites me, everything I've seen read and heard about Homecoming has been terrible. Even the title sucks :lol

Rothman was also around for X1, X2, and First Class, what's your point?

What is it with you and your one movie rule? It's irrelevant, I've already seen Spider-Man team up with a bunch of superheroes, that novelty has now worn off. And again, we've already seen a movie with Spidey in another state, We've already seen Uncle Iron Man and Spidey teaming up, nothing new there.

You're delusional if you think this Spider-Man movie or any other big budget movie isn't a cash grab :lol

The fact that they're teaming Spiderman up with the most popular superhero in the world right now should tell you something.

Hey man, I ain't judging, if you'd prefer a Disney Channel Spiderman movie over an R rated Venom movie I ain't madd at you, but I personally would rather see a scary Venom movie where he's tearing up some fools instead of watching hipster Spider-Man and his PC friends. That's just me though :lol

Yea I did have lower expectations for after I saw a trailer its called BVS and tmnt 2014

So you should know rothman is a hack. Who cares if he was around for xmen 1 and 2. 2 good movies but responsible for all the what happened with origins.

Hell it seems like you are giving venom a pass since we barely know anything about it. We don't even know if it will be venom killing off dudes left and right. Hell we don't even know if it will be made. But your so sure it's going to be memorable. Lol yea ok. Like I said the hacks behind ASm 1 and 2 that drove the franchise into the ground are behind this so I hope you can enjoy all the edgy dub step and emo eddie again cause ya know... thats what you may get. So you can cry about "Hipster spiderman" all you want be these are the people who made spiderman dance in 3 and killed off Norman osborn and made Rhino some wacky transformer. BUT ITS NOT DISNEY SO WHO CARES RIGHT?

Lol PC spiderman huh? Cause the movie dares to have people of color in it right? O yea so PC.

This movie is less of a cash grab then venom. A movie that just came out of nowhere and will probably have no develoment. Cause you know making a movie about the villians only worked so well with catwoman and suicide squad.

Lol it's just funny how you automatically think cause it's rated R it's going to be great. Venom doesn't work cause of horror he works cause of his grudge against spiderman. He doesn't kill innocent people. He lives to haunt spiderman. A venom movie without that dynamic is useless. If they even bring in carnage how would they even introduce him?

Now they could go the anti hero route but I don't see how that can be scary.

But hey if you want to see a movie made by the same people who almost killed the franchise then be my guest. Avi arad is a hack. They didn't even announce plans at tonight's sony conference for it.

Also funny how you call this spiderman "hipster and for children" when just years ago people were calling Andrew Garfield just the same. I guess being young and in highschool and having friends of color means you're a hipster PC guy. lol k.

darthkostis
03-28-2017, 01:04 AM
...Do folks really think 616 Venom is... R? The guy was mildly scary when haunting Spider-Man. After that, he spent his days as a "Lethal Protector", stealing chocolate bars, playing videogames, having a mullet and helping folks.

http://kastorskorner.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/570full-venom-lethal-protector.jpg

The guy is goofy AF and only turns into a scary monster when Spider-Man's around. And that's pre-2005 or so. The scariest Venom has been, was during McGargan's "I EAT BRAINS" phase, and when he appeared in those Clayton Crain Carnage books. Hell, Agent Venom is more hardcore than Brock. Eddie was a messed-up guy who wanted to kill Peter, yes, but he wasn't a bad guy apart from that. He's Spider-Man's Doctor Doom. He has a cool costume, somewhat noble motivations, but a huge rage-boner for the main hero.

Seriously, this whole "It's R so it's gonna be great" thing is really damn ignorant. It's as stupid as saying "It's MCU so it's gonna be awesome". Jesus, at least wait until, dunno, somebody is casted at least, until you get ready for the ******* or the pitchfork...

ironwez20
03-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Thats what I'm saying. venom only works as a spiderman antagonist. He doesn't kill innocent people and is somtimes goofy. his best stories are with spiderman. Carnage is the killer. i rather them do a carnage movie

Chakor
03-28-2017, 03:47 AM

Wait - they made an Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Oh yeah, that's right. ASM2 is already forgettable enough without a third ASM film. :lol

Chakor
03-28-2017, 06:17 AM
...Do folks really think 616 Venom is... R? The guy was mildly scary when haunting Spider-Man. After that, he spent his days as a "Lethal Protector", stealing chocolate bars, playing videogames, having a mullet and helping folks.

Seriously, this whole "It's R so it's gonna be great" thing is really damn ignorant. It's as stupid as saying "It's MCU so it's gonna be awesome". Jesus, at least wait until, dunno, somebody is casted at least, until you get ready for the ******* or the pitchfork...

I don't think it's going to be great just because of the R rating. I don't think it's going to be great at all because:

A: No Spider-Man

B: What Sam Raimi did with Venom in Spider-Man 3

C: They don't even have anyone cast yet and haven't began filming

I personally think that this proposed film is going to be all talk and no action. Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see production stills. :lol

pturtle
03-28-2017, 08:40 AM
Yea I did have lower expectations for after I saw a trailer its called BVS and tmnt 2014

So you should know rothman is a hack. Who cares if he was around for xmen 1 and 2. 2 good movies but responsible for all the what happened with origins.

Hell it seems like you are giving venom a pass since we barely know anything about it. We don't even know if it will be venom killing off dudes left and right. Hell we don't even know if it will be made. But your so sure it's going to be memorable. Lol yea ok. Like I said the hacks behind ASm 1 and 2 that drove the franchise into the ground are behind this so I hope you can enjoy all the edgy dub step and emo eddie again cause ya know... thats what you may get. So you can cry about "Hipster spiderman" all you want be these are the people who made spiderman dance in 3 and killed off Norman osborn and made Rhino some wacky transformer. BUT ITS NOT DISNEY SO WHO CARES RIGHT?

Lol PC spiderman huh? Cause the movie dares to have people of color in it right? O yea so PC.

This movie is less of a cash grab then venom. A movie that just came out of nowhere and will probably have no develoment. Cause you know making a movie about the villians only worked so well with catwoman and suicide squad.

Lol it's just funny how you automatically think cause it's rated R it's going to be great. Venom doesn't work cause of horror he works cause of his grudge against spiderman. He doesn't kill innocent people. He lives to haunt spiderman. A venom movie without that dynamic is useless. If they even bring in carnage how would they even introduce him?

Now they could go the anti hero route but I don't see how that can be scary.

But hey if you want to see a movie made by the same people who almost killed the franchise then be my guest. Avi arad is a hack. They didn't even announce plans at tonight's sony conference for it.

Also funny how you call this spiderman "hipster and for children" when just years ago people were calling Andrew Garfield just the same. I guess being young and in highschool and having friends of color means you're a hipster PC guy. lol k.

Again, where are you getting that I think Venom is going to be great? Based on the tiny info we know, I like the direction it's going, that's all.

So I guess it doesn't matter when producers are apart of great films, you'll only focus on the bad ones, got it :lol

All these movies are cash grabs, one is no less than the other. If they find a Venom director that's passionate about the project and offers up a unique take on Venom, would that be more of a cash grab than teaming Spider-Man up with Iron Man again?

Venom has been in development since before Spidey entered the MCU, they've been trying to get this movie made for years :lol

I thought Garfield's Spidey was terrible and hipster too, and I have no problem with the diversity but I was making a point how this movie has changed the look of so many characters and nobody is complaining, yet people are freaking out over Domino in the Deadpool thread. The MCU bias continues.

http://kastorskorner.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/570full-venom-lethal-protector.jpg

The guy is goofy AF and only turns into a scary monster when Spider-Man's around. And that's pre-2005 or so. The scariest Venom has been, was during McGargan's "I EAT BRAINS" phase, and when he appeared in those Clayton Crain Carnage books. Hell, Agent Venom is more hardcore than Brock. Eddie was a messed-up guy who wanted to kill Peter, yes, but he wasn't a bad guy apart from that. He's Spider-Man's Doctor Doom. He has a cool costume, somewhat noble motivations, but a huge rage-boner for the main hero.

As you know I don't care about the comics. The prospect of a scary, horror alien movie starring Venom sound cool. Why is it only okay for comic book writers to offer a fresh take on these characters but movies can't?

Had The Dark Knight Returns been made into a movie before it was a comic everyone would be crying about the source material.

I don't care if this movie has Eddie Brock, Flash, Or scorpion Venom playing the lead, the prospect of a more unique superhero movie excites me.

If it were up to me, every superhero movie would have an R rating. The rating indicates that this won't be a family friendly film, which for the most part I'm not interested in.

pturtle
03-28-2017, 08:41 AM
I don't think it's going to be great just because of the R rating. I don't think it's going to be great at all because:

A: No Spider-Man

B: What Sam Raimi did with Venom in Spider-Man 3

C: They don't even have anyone cast yet and haven't began filming

I personally think that this proposed film is going to be all talk and no action. Like I said before, I'll believe it when I see production stills. :lol

I do agree, I can't see this movie being made, they've been trying to release this movie for almost a decade now :lol

Chakor
03-28-2017, 08:53 AM
I do agree, I can't see this movie being made, they've been trying to release this movie for almost a decade now :lol

Sony will probably put out an article stating that they "pulled" the film in the coming months. Just my guess.

darthkostis
03-28-2017, 09:15 AM
As you know I don't care about the comics. The prospect of a scary, horror alien movie starring Venom sound cool.

Go watch The Thing. Or Predator. Or Alien. Or Life. These are horror sci-fi flicks with monsters as the main attraction. There's no need to take Venom, spin the concept around and make it seomthing it's not. They tried it in the books, it failed, the end. What you want is a Carnage movie, which I'd be on-board with, but not a Venom one.

Why is it only okay for comic book writers to offer a fresh take on these characters but movies can't?

Because a CBM writer must juggle decades of continuity & work on the character as part of a larger narrative. And contrary to popular belief, the new elements are introduced gradually, not all at once. Every time they try and do something crazy right out off the gate, it backfires. As it should, really. Continuity and characterization should be respected.

The movie on the other hand is of course its own thing, but if it's completely its own thing, then what's the point? Folks want to see the characters translated on screen. Yeah, sure, you can do a film about an Assassin Spider-Man ala Jon Wick crossed with Agent 47. There's already a book about that. And I don't want to see that before Kraven's Last Hunt or The Master Planner Saga. Classic stories exist for a reason. Because they were well-crafted and preserved the spirit of the character. Making a flick about a non-killing Punisher, a depressed Deadpool, an Evil Iron Man and so on and so forth would be "fresh" (as fresh as tired concepts with different protagonists can be), but they'd stop being adaptations, so why not just go and make a new IP?

All of the totally new and fresh takes happen in AUs and Elseworlds stories. If they take off, great, they get a book. See Earth one, Ultimate Marvel, Spider-Gwen, etc, etc. But you'll never get a drastic change out of the blue in a Main Universe book, so the whole point is moot.

Had The Dark Knight Returns been made into a movie before it was a comic everyone would be crying about the source material.

TDKR was an Elseworlds story that got traction because Frank Miller had already turned Daredevil into a dark AF comic, and people were starting to see them as more than kids' stories. And therein lies your answer: When given free reign to do his own non-canon story, Miller did TDKR. When he had to write an in-continuity story, he wrote Daredevil, and his run remains the foundation of the character. He didn't turn in a mediocre script just because he had to stay true to the character. If anything, he elevated him. And his DD is miles ahead of TDKR. The latter just gained more traction because Batman is more well known.

I don't care if this movie has Eddie Brock, Flash, Or scorpion Venom playing the lead, the prospect of a more unique superhero movie excites me.

a) Venom is not a super-hero, so it won't be a super-hero film, by definition.

b) Rumors say they're gonna go ahead with a horror sci-fi flick.

So according to that, you should wait for The Thing, just with the Symbiote. Big deal. They could've chosen a myriad other characters to do it, and it still would've had the same effect. Venom just is more well known, and Sony owns him. It won't be "groundbreaking" or "fresh" just because of the genre.

If it were up to me, every superhero movie would have an R rating. The rating indicates that this won't be a family friendly film, which for the most part I'm not interested in.

You sure about that? 'Cause I don't think Superman, Green Lantern and Flash need R-Ratings...

Chakor
03-28-2017, 09:32 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/500/616/998.jpg

pturtle
03-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Go watch The Thing. Or Predator. Or Alien. Or Life. These are horror sci-fi flicks with monsters as the main attraction. There's no need to take Venom, spin the concept around and make it seomthing it's not. They tried it in the books, it failed, the end. What you want is a Carnage movie, which I'd be on-board with, but not a Venom one.

Because a CBM writer must juggle decades of continuity & work on the character as part of a larger narrative. And contrary to popular belief, the new elements are introduced gradually, not all at once. Every time they try and do something crazy right out off the gate, it backfires. As it should, really. Continuity and characterization should be respected.

The movie on the other hand is of course its own thing, but if it's completely its own thing, then what's the point? Folks want to see the characters translated on screen. Yeah, sure, you can do a film about an Assassin Spider-Man ala Jon Wick crossed with Agent 47. There's already a book about that. And I don't want to see that before Kraven's Last Hunt or The Master Planner Saga. Classic stories exist for a reason. Because they were well-crafted and preserved the spirit of the character. Making a flick about a non-killing Punisher, a depressed Deadpool, an Evil Iron Man and so on and so forth would be "fresh" (as fresh as tired concepts with different protagonists can be), but they'd stop being adaptations, so why not just go and make a new IP?

All of the totally new and fresh takes happen in AUs and Elseworlds stories. If they take off, great, they get a book. See Earth one, Ultimate Marvel, Spider-Gwen, etc, etc. But you'll never get a drastic change out of the blue in a Main Universe book, so the whole point is moot.

TDKR was an Elseworlds story that got traction because Frank Miller had already turned Daredevil into a dark AF comic, and people were starting to see them as more than kids' stories. And therein lies your answer: When given free reign to do his own non-canon story, Miller did TDKR. When he had to write an in-continuity story, he wrote Daredevil, and his run remains the foundation of the character. He didn't turn in a mediocre script just because he had to stay true to the character. If anything, he elevated him. And his DD is miles ahead of TDKR. The latter just gained more traction because Batman is more well known.

a) Venom is not a super-hero, so it won't be a super-hero film, by definition.

b) Rumors say they're gonna go ahead with a horror sci-fi flick.

So according to that, you should wait for The Thing, just with the Symbiote. Big deal. They could've chosen a myriad other characters to do it, and it still would've had the same effect. Venom just is more well known, and Sony owns him. It won't be "groundbreaking" or "fresh" just because of the genre.

You sure about that? 'Cause I don't think Superman, Green Lantern and Flash need R-Ratings...

I saw those movies already, I want something new with characters that I know. Burton's Batman did it, TDK did it, Singer X-Men sort of did it, Fantastic Four reboot was a really cool concept that just didn't come together for whatever reason you want to believe. A Venom movie with a horror tone is cool to me, you comic book guys gotta free you mind a little bit. It didn't work in the comics so what? Maybe a better writer or the director can take that concept and make it work, if not then so what, they'll reboot it again in 3 years.

It will be groundbreaking and fresh for superhero movies, maybe not the sci-fi horror genre, but for superhero movies it'll be something different. I don't care if it's Venom or Carnage, and I'm pretty familiar with both those characters and I still don't care how much they change those characters, if they can make a cool movie that draws some inspiration from the comics then I'm happy.

None of the Suicide Squad members were heroes but people still consider it a superhero movie, if you want to get technical then a comic book movie, it'll still be unique compared to what we're getting from Marvel and WB.

Yup, I have no problem with an R rated Superman movie. He can still be the lighthearted beacon of hope, just use to the R rating to make his villains do some horrible ****.

If it helps, just consider this an Elseworld story too, I don't see the problem. I get people want to see these characters faithfully translated to the big screen, but again these movies are aimed at casuals like myself, and if they make a great movie featuring Venom, that'll probably be the definitive version of that character, and people will probably accept the change.

moose
03-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Yup, completely agree.
Exactly home coming looks to the ultimate spiderman come to life it's got an avenger showing up and that is the ultimate downfall of these cinematic universe is the bleeding over of the characters had they simply kept solo movies and combined them in avengers then it would have been fine but there is so much cross over now the individual movies I feel are becoming subservient to this universe and turning in to avengers lite and are not able to be there own thing as with the previous comic book movies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

darthkostis
03-28-2017, 10:38 AM
I saw those movies already, I want something new with characters that I know. Burton's Batman did it, TDK did it, Singer X-Men sort of did it, Fantastic Four reboot was a really cool concept that just didn't come together for whatever reason you want to believe. A Venom movie with a horror tone is cool to me, you comic book guys gotta free you mind a little bit. It didn't work in the comics so what? Maybe a better writer or the director can take that concept and make it work, if not then so what, they'll reboot it again in 3 years.

If you're expecting Bankrupt Sony, who's looking left and right for a franchise to make a Venom movie, that has little to do with any version of Venom, that'll turn out to be a meaningful and unique take, well... you're awfully optimistic.

Besides, my mind is "free". If it wasn't, I wouldn't be reading Morrison's Occult "High-on-Acid" brainstorms. But I don't really give a damn about a "fresh" spin on decades old characters. I want to see them translated. i don't care about actors and directors who do these flicks purely for the money putting their own "spin" on it.

It will be groundbreaking and fresh for superhero movies, maybe not the sci-fi horror genre, but for superhero movies it'll be something different. I don't care if it's Venom or Carnage, and I'm pretty familiar with both those characters and I still don't care how much they change those characters, if they can make a cool movie that draws some inspiration from the comics then I'm happy.

You don't care, but I care, and so I don't really want a "Venom" movie that has nothing to do with the source material. Simple as that.

None of the Suicide Squad members were heroes but people still consider it a superhero movie, if you want to get technical then a comic book movie, it'll still be unique compared to what we're getting from Marvel and WB.

SKWAD was also supposed to be "groundbreaking". And SONY wanted to try the villains-as-protagonists thing with the Sinister Six, and we all saw how that turned out. Leaked plot points included the Six making fun of Spider-Man's Black Suit and him... letting it go. Yeah, that was SONY's genius Venom origin. Apart from that, you had "a giant-ass Sandman wrecking buildings" and the Six travelling to the Savage Land and battling Dinosaurs. Wee...

Yup, I have no problem with an R rated Superman movie. He can still be the lighthearted beacon of hope, just use to the R rating to make his villains do some horrible ****.

Then ask for an Invincible movie. Or a Mr. Majestic one. Don't go around asking for characters to be turned into something they're not 'cause "blood and gore = realism".

If it helps, just consider this an Elseworld story too, I don't see the problem. I get people want to see these characters faithfully translated to the big screen, but again these movies are aimed at casuals like myself, and if they make a great movie featuring Venom, that'll probably be the definitive version of that character, and people will probably accept the change.

Nope. Logan was great, but Wolverine still is the short guy with a silly costume. People may have loved Keaton's Batman, but the definitive version is still the guy who has mastered 127 martial arts, beat Darkseid, doesn't kill, etc, etc. Movies based on comic books will never replace the characters in their original form. And the only example you need is Batman.

pturtle
03-28-2017, 11:00 AM
If you're expecting Bankrupt Sony, who's looking left and right for a franchise to make a Venom movie, that has little to do with any version of Venom, that'll turn out to be a meaningful and unique take, well... you're awfully optimistic.

Besides, my mind is "free". If it wasn't, I wouldn't be reading Morrison's Occult "High-on-Acid" brainstorms. But I don't really give a damn about a "fresh" spin on decades old characters. I want to see them translated. i don't care about actors and directors who do these flicks purely for the money putting their own "spin" on it.

You don't care, but I care, and so I don't really want a "Venom" movie that has nothing to do with the source material. Simple as that.

SKWAD was also supposed to be "groundbreaking". And SONY wanted to try the villains-as-protagonists thing with the Sinister Six, and we all saw how that turned out. Leaked plot points included the Six making fun of Spider-Man's Black Suit and him... letting it go. Yeah, that was SONY's genius Venom origin. Apart from that, you had "a giant-ass Sandman wrecking buildings" and the Six travelling to the Savage Land and battling Dinosaurs. Wee...

Then ask for an Invincible movie. Or a Mr. Majestic one. Don't go around asking for characters to be turned into something they're not 'cause "blood and gore = realism".

Nope. Logan was great, but Wolverine still is the short guy with a silly costume. People may have loved Keaton's Batman, but the definitive version is still the guy who has mastered 127 martial arts, beat Darkseid, doesn't kill, etc, etc. Movies based on comic books will never replace the characters in their original form. And the only example you need is Batman.

Nah bruh. I don't know those characters you just named, I know Venom, and I want him in an R rated horror flick, and hopefully that's what Sony produces. I hope I get my blood and gore Venom flick, and hopefully it turns out great.

Batman might be too popular or we just haven't had that perfect version yet but for a lot of people Jackman is the definitive version of Wolverine, Ledger is the definitive version of Joker, Christopher Reeve is the definitive version of Superman, Evans is Cap, Downey is Iron Man, I know it hurts but these movie reach a far wider audience than comic books.

The plot leaked you just described sounds terrible, but I know there's far more ridiculous comic book stories than that, and comic books are the king at milking these characters, why should we expect anything different from Hollywood producers? Right now we need more unique superhero movies, and an R rated Venom movie could just be that.

Also a Venom movie can be inspired by the source material and still be its own thing, that's what I'm hoping far. I don't care about any liberties they take with the character if it serves the story.

But that's, it I can't argue anymore, I've been at it for too many days now :lol

You want your faithful Venom in a Spidey movie, I just want a good movie, let's just leave it like that. I'm exhausted :lol

darthkostis
03-28-2017, 11:05 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/W4XB1UHALlI3e/giphy.gif

ironwez20
03-28-2017, 01:40 PM
Again, where are you getting that I think Venom is going to be great? Based on the tiny info we know, I like the direction it's going, that's all.

So I guess it doesn't matter when producers are apart of great films, you'll only focus on the bad ones, got it :lol

All these movies are cash grabs, one is no less than the other. If they find a Venom director that's passionate about the project and offers up a unique take on Venom, would that be more of a cash grab than teaming Spider-Man up with Iron Man again?

Venom has been in development since before Spidey entered the MCU, they've been trying to get this movie made for years :lol

I thought Garfield's Spidey was terrible and hipster too, and I have no problem with the diversity but I was making a point how this movie has changed the look of so many characters and nobody is complaining, yet people are freaking out over Domino in the Deadpool thread. The MCU bias continues.

As you know I don't care about the comics. The prospect of a scary, horror alien movie starring Venom sound cool. Why is it only okay for comic book writers to offer a fresh take on these characters but movies can't?

Of course I focus on the bad ones. Those are the ones avi arad was in charge of. Sony is scrambling for a franchise. Just cause the man did 1 and 2 doesn't mean a damn thing honestly. He was in the background for those movies in three he was more heavily involved.

SNIKT1950
03-28-2017, 06:56 PM
http://collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-2-mcu-marvel-sony/#amy-pascal

I was right. SONY will eventually bring Spidey home.

Captain Clown
03-28-2017, 07:11 PM

I was right. SONY will eventually bring Spidey home.

Spider-Man not being owned by Marvel anymore = Bringing him home?

The new movie looks meh, but it would be even worse if we got yet another reboot so soon.

crows
03-28-2017, 07:11 PM
https://youtu.be/Glpcj-oQEN0

SNIKT1950
03-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Spider-Man not being owned by Marvel anymore = Bringing him home?

The new movie looks bad, but it would be even worse if we got yet another reboot so soon.

Marvel STUDIOS is not Marvel Comics. Its a Disney-owned production house currently renting out Spidey.

SONY is and has been Spidey's home cinematically since Cameron tried to make the film in the 90s.

Captain Clown
03-28-2017, 07:21 PM
Marvel STUDIOS is not Marvel Comics. Its a Disney-owned production house currently renting out Spidey.

SONY is and has been Spidey's home cinematically since Cameron tried to make the film in the 90s.

I guess.

Still, I like seeing Spider-Man interact with other characters that he never would've been able to interact with before, like Captain America & co. I wanna see him with the Hulk next.

What will Sony do? Give him another movie grieving over another dead Uncle Ben? :lol

ironwez20
03-28-2017, 10:08 PM

Yea the same home that almost destroyed the franchise and hasn't made a great spidey movie since 2004. I'm sure people would love another reboot. Lol yea no. If the spidey brand wants to survive it needs to stay where it's at

Chakor
03-29-2017, 05:24 AM

http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/annoyed-gif-220.gif

SNIKT1950
03-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Adi Shankar is in talks to direct. This is going to be ****ing awesome.

Khev
03-29-2017, 02:07 PM

Why because Eric Draven cosplayers who've never directed a thing in their life = cinematic genius?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/[email protected]_ V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

pturtle
03-29-2017, 02:22 PM

I just looked this guy up, he hasn't directed anything, how is this awesome? Seems he's only produced movies so far.

RIDDICK
03-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Shankar is a very creative guy. Would be very interestin' to see his directorial work.

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 02:28 PM
It's not like he'll be in control of anything lmao .

SNIKT1950
03-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Why because Eric Draven cosplayers who've never directed a thing in their life = cinematic genius?

Yeah, I can tell you're not familiar with his "bootleg universe".

If you have a Smart TV, I recommend you start with his Power Rangers film starring Katee Sackhoff. Then watch The Punisher: Dirty Laundry starring Thomas Jane. Then watch Truth in Journalism, a Venom film starring Ryan Kwanten as Brock.

Feige literally sent Shankar a cease and desist letter after Dirty Laundry because it got such a massive response at SDCC that year it was screened.

Make fun of his looks all you want, the guy's very talented and makes fantastic independent films that creatively level studio studio films. His Power Rangers movie is ten times better at 15 minutes than the licensed movie that opened in theaters last week.

Khev
03-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Never lead off with a Power Rangers recommendation SNIKT. ;)

SNIKT1950
03-29-2017, 02:37 PM
Never lead off with a Power Rangers recommendation SNIKT. ;)

Just watch it, man. It'll blow your mind even if you loathe the PR.

Junkion
03-29-2017, 02:37 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/[email protected]_ V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

I mean, the guy buckles his vestbelt. You gotta respect that.

SNIKT1950
03-29-2017, 02:46 PM
It's not like he'll be in control of anything lmao .

Dude, your SONY hate boner won't stop Shankar from making a great film. My apologies.

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Dude, your SONY hate boner won't stop Shankar from making a great film. My apologies.

Lol DUDE! I'm stating facts. The studio is behind these movies like freaking marvel which you hate. They have a tighter chokehold then marvel which is why Marc Webb barely had any freedom to create a good story.

Like I said. IF he even directs, he'll barely get any freedom cause the studio is the one calling the shots. Reason why asm2 was such a **** movie. To busy building a universe and not enough time developing a good story .

"But it's mervel and mervel bad. Kevin forge bad"

crows
03-29-2017, 03:06 PM

Lol DUDE! I'm stating facts. The studio is behind these movies like freaking marvel which you hate. They have a tighter chokehold then marvel which is why Marc Webb barely had any freedom to create a good story.

Like I said. IF he even directs, he'll barely get any freedom cause the studio is the one calling the shots. Reason why asm2 was such a **** movie. To busy building a universe and not enough time developing a good story .

"But it's mervel and mervel bad. Kevin forge bad"

The goth guy is pretty cool. He looks funny but he got dredd better than anyone in hollywood and his punisher short was pretty cool.

He is pretty edgy and dark so if he directed this he would make it right. He would do venom justice

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 03:16 PM
The goth guy is pretty cool. He looks funny but he got dredd better than anyone in hollywood and his punisher short was pretty cool.

He is pretty edgy and dark so if he directed this he would make it right. He would do venom justice

No doubt he could but the studio would interfere with his vision .

Junkion
03-29-2017, 03:19 PM

His eyeliner might interfere as well.

crows
03-29-2017, 03:27 PM

The studio will always interfere but at least it will be dark edgy version being interfered.

pturtle
03-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Marvel interfered a bunch with AOU, IM2 and IM3 as far as I know, Fox and WB have interfered with most of their properties as well, I guess it's just bad when Sony does it :lol

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 04:12 PM
Marvel interfered a bunch with AOU, IM2 and IM3 as far as I know, Fox and WB have interfered with most of their properties as well, I guess it's just bad when Sony does it :lol

Considering they ran the most popular hero into the ground with there crappy movies then I'd say yes.

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 04:14 PM
The studio will always interfere but at least it will be dark edgy version being interfered.

Lol nah they will jam a bunch of crap to expand there "universe" into the movie for it to have a solid edgy dark story.

Watch asm2 and iron man 2. That's what this movie will be.

SNIKT1950
03-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Watch asm2 and iron man 2. That's what this movie will be.

A few things:

-You haven't read the script.

-You don't know the story.

-No world-building has been confirmed thus far.

-Shankar himself is a producer. He won't get micromanaged the way an MCU director or Marc Webb were.

-The movie is an R-rated horror story meaning the story is free from the tropes and formulas of the contemporary CBM. Instead of complaining about this you should be celebrating this. Its the equivalent of what FOX did with Deadpool and Logan - which was empower Miller and Mangold to do exactly what they wanted by not catering to the demographic that usually neuters auteurs in this genre.

SONY's never done this before. Move on from your ASM2 obsession and understand that studios are capable of change when they're brave enough to leave their comfort zone. FOX at one point gave us the depressingly bad X-Men Origins, the craptastic Tim Story FF movies, The Affleck DD movie and the awful Elektra solo film. They went from that to X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past, Deadpool and now the brilliant Logan.

Even the MCU is capable of getting back to good movies. The problem with them is Feige truly believes he's right about his approach to CBMs and unfortunately the money's there to back that up.

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 06:59 PM
A few things:

-Shankar himself is a producer. He won't get micromanaged the way an MCU director or Marc Webb were.

-The movie is an R-rated horror story meaning the story is free from the tropes and formulas of the contemporary CBM. Instead of complaining about this you should be celebrating this. Its the equivalent of what FOX did with Deadpool and Logan - which was empower Miller and Mangold to do exactly what they wanted by not catering to the demographic that usually neuters auteurs in this genre.

SONY's never done this before. Move on from your ASM2 obsession and understand that studios are capable of change when they're brave enough to leave their comfort zone. FOX at one point gave us the depressingly bad X-Men Origins, the craptastic Tim Story FF movies, The Affleck DD movie and the awful Elektra solo film. They went from that to X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, Days of Future Past, Deadpool and now the brilliant Logan.

Even the MCU is capable of getting back to good movies. The problem with them is Feige truly believes he's right about his approach to CBMs and unfortunately the money's there to back that up.

A few things for you

They are making this a franchise. They even said so

The people who made asm2 don't give a **** about good story just money

Your kidding yourself if you think Sony will give someone the freedom with this movie when there studio is on the verge of dying. Avi arad is in charge of this. Get off your delusional high horse and see that this is nothing but Sony further running this franchise to the ground.

Stop comparing fox to Sony . Fox has made good comic movies and have multiple franchises besides xmen and ever since rothman they did better.

Sony - hasn't made a good spidey movie since 2 . Yes asm was ok but it still had tons of problems. Keeps pushing for venom, trying to make spin offs that nobody wants. Has avi arad who tried to create a universe but fell flat on its head.

Also green lighting an emoji movie lol.

So you think creating an r rated venom movie that is being rushed into production, is ran by a dying company and lead by the same asm team is going to save this franchise and make money?

Sheesh your hatred for marvel is extreme. Get some common sense. And don't use your basic excuse that I'm a marvel fanboy cause I'm not. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan and even I could see that Sony was t the right place for the character.

Is marvel? Well I don't know, that is yet to be seen. But I gave those idiot three chances and I'm supposed to be all giddy that they are making a venom movie that's rated r that might not have Spider-Man?

Dude get real.

Captain Clown
03-29-2017, 07:03 PM
I want to see this on the big screen.

crows
03-29-2017, 07:17 PM
A few things:

A few things for you

They are making this a franchise. They even said so

The people who made asm2 don't give a **** about good story just money

Your kidding yourself if you think Sony will give someone the freedom with this movie when there studio is on the verge of dying. Avi arad is in charge of this. Get off your delusional high horse and see that this is nothing but Sony further running this franchise to the ground.

Stop comparing fox to Sony . Fox has made good comic movies and have multiple franchises besides xmen and ever since rothman they did better.

Sony - hasn't made a good spidey movie since 2 . Yes asm was ok but it still had tons of problems. Keeps pushing for venom, trying to make spin offs that nobody wants. Has avi arad who tried to create a universe but fell flat on its head.

Also green lighting an emoji movie lol.

So you think creating an r rated venom movie that is being rushed into production, is ran by a dying company and lead by the same asm team is going to save this franchise and make money?

Sheesh your hatred for marvel is extreme. Get some common sense. And don't use your basic excuse that I'm a marvel fanboy cause I'm not. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan and even I could see that Sony was t the right place for the character.

Is marvel? Well I don't know, that is yet to be seen. But I gave those idiot three chances and I'm supposed to be all giddy that they are making a venom movie that's rated r that might not have Spider-Man?

Dude get real.

http://i.imgur.com/Q1en5ip.gif

pturtle
03-29-2017, 07:28 PM

It'll happen, and the poster will probably look like this with Venom in the front after Venom becomes an A-lister and wins an Oscar for best picture, Sony will rush to get Spidey out of the MCU.

Remember where you heard it first!

crows
03-29-2017, 07:31 PM

Why is benom so sexy bros?

SNIKT1950
03-29-2017, 07:32 PM
I hate SONY so stop trying to make me reasonable.

You got it. Convo over.

ironwez20
03-29-2017, 07:38 PM
You got it. Convo over.

Atleast my dislike for them is valid. If fox made a bunch of xmen films that sucked three times straight and planned a spinoff movie of will I am 's character from Origins than you'd be pretty pissed to. Sorry I love a character and want what's best for him and tired of seeing him being treated like garbage.

I even understand your hate for marvel it's just that you shove it down everyones throats in each post you make.:lol

Chakor
03-31-2017, 10:02 AM
*Waits for some comic book website to compose an April Fools' Day article about Carnage being the main villain in Venom.*

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Carnage-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-Cletus-Cassady-b.jpg

darthkostis
03-31-2017, 10:07 AM
*Waits for some comic book website to compose an April Fools' Day article about Carnage being the main villain in Venom.*

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Carnage-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-Cletus-Cassady-b.jpg

Scrap Venom and just do a Carnage film. There, problem solved. I mean, if you want to make a "sci-fi horror film" without Spider-Man, who are you gonna choose: The psychopathic killer who talks to interdimensional space-gods, or the goofy guy who tries to do good but goes berserk when around Spider-Man? I think the choice is rather obvious...

ironwez20
03-31-2017, 10:09 AM
Scrap Venom and just do a Carnage film. There, problem solved. I mean, if you want to make a "sci-fi horror film" without Spider-Man, who are you gonna choose: The psychopathic killer who talks to interdimensional space-gods, or the goofy guy who tries to do good but goes berserk when around Spider-Man? I think the choice is rather obvious...

That's what I'm saying. If you want a rated r movie away from the mcu then do carnage. He actually kills people and enjoys doing so.

crows
03-31-2017, 10:10 AM
U cant have carnage without doing venom first

ironwez20
03-31-2017, 10:16 AM

And you can't have venom without Spider-Man

Chakor
03-31-2017, 10:17 AM

That's what I'm saying. If you want a rated r movie away from the mcu then do carnage. He actually kills people and enjoys doing so.

I agree with both points here. Carnage is the way to go with an R-rated film. However, they wouldn't really be able to do the story right without doing Venom first. I think the best idea is to do Carnage first, and then do the Venom film as a prequel or something like that. It still wouldn't resolve the issue of doing Venom without Spider-Man though.

crows
03-31-2017, 10:18 AM
And you can't have venom without Spider-Man

And you cant have spiderman with iron man and Feige :lol :lol

darthkostis
03-31-2017, 10:20 AM

Make Carnage the boogeyman, assemble a team of D-List characters to hunt him down and bam, here's your sci-fi/occult horror flick.

Yeah, but you also can't do a Venom film without introducing Spider-Man and the Symbiote first. Hell, it's how the symbiote got the spider powers. Just allude to Venom the same way you'd allude to Spider-Man in a Venom flick.