All Quiet On the Star Wars Front...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroJow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow. Been a while since we've gotten a Star Wars 12" PPO, eh? I'm hoping this means we're going to be flooded with some new figures at Comic Con. The Vader teaser of a few weeks back makes me wonder if we'll be seeing the big dude at the show. If so, here are my theories:

1) If it's an Episode IV Vader, we'll see at LEAST Stormtroopers to go with him, maybe Tarkin.

2) If it's an Episode V Vader, we'll get the Bounty Hunters to go with him: Fett, Dengar, IG-88, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM.

3) If it's an Episode VI Vader, we'll get the Emperor with his throne and Royal Guards to go with him.

4) If it's an Episode III Vader, we'll get a 501st Clone to go with him.

But then again, knowing Sideshow, they'll totally throw us for a loop with Hammerhead, Greedo, and Wuher.

- J

I think that Sideshow is gonna lay some heavy stuff on us at SDCC... Vader for sure, and past that it will all be gravy :rock

im kinda all star wars'd out i think.:dunno
just need that SS vader and id say i got just about everyone i want. that is until they take the next leap and made some droids or a 1/6 greivous.

I think that Sideshow is gonna lay some heavy stuff on us at SDCC... Vader for sure, and past that it will all be gravy :rock

i agree.... they are gonna give us the big V. Medicom seems to be handing out some whoopass with their Anakin and Han, but neither one of them justify repeat purchases of either character if you ask me.

I am hoping we will at least get Vader and the classic Stormtrooper to ship along with it.

I, for one, would be shocked if any new releases from the Star Wars lines ship in '08. I have all the confidence in the world that the next Star Wars offerings will be '09 shipment dates.

On the subject of what will be revealed, and/or PO'd, I would be surprised if there were 2 more Star Wars figures unveiled at SDCC. And I would be stunned if there were three. I am anticipating Vader's reveal...but not pre-order, and one other figure for PO. It will be frosting on the cake if we get a PO on Vader. But I bet it will take forever to ship. That particular figure is not one to be trifled with and I am sure that Sideshow will not let anything less than a stellar figure to be sent to us. Not Darth Vader, the very embodiment of all things Star Wars.

And just on a side note. When I say that Vader is the very embodiment of all things Star Wars, I speak only from what I have perceived to be the attitude of the majority of Star Wars lovers that I have spoken to or whose posts I have read on the various fan forums. I must clarify that it is NOT my own opinion. My own opinion is that Darth Vader is one of the worst characters in the Star Wars continuum. But I will still get the figure. A couple of them.

Its just been too quiet on all these lines IMO for there not to be something big. I hope. :lol

Its definately been quiet on the 1/6 front this year. Hopefully they will have something major up their sleeve for SDCC. I'm sure we will get 2 1/6 figures and hopefully a third.
Here is a comparison of announcement dates for 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Jan Kit Fisto
Feb Bespin Han
Feb Mace Windu
Mar Qui-Gon Jinn
Apr Vader (Ex)
May Maul/Droids
July Jabba Set
July Bib Fortuna
July Boushh
Sept Plo Koon
Sept Endor Rebels
Sept Ventress

Jan Bubo
Feb Derjarik Table
Mar ANH Leia
Mar Yavin Luke (Ex)
Apr Ilum Padme
Apr Holo Sidious (Ex)
May Old Ben
July Bespin Luke
July Palpatine/Sid
Nov Praji
Dec ANH Han

Jan ANH Luke
Feb General Kenobi
Apr Aayla (Ex)

As you can see, 2006 and 2007 were very similar in numbers and timings, however, 2008 is way behind. Only one major figure announcement in almost seven months (General Kenobi is EU and Aayla an exclusive). I hope Vader is worth the wait!!!

Back