This Is Why I Think The EU Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So there is some talk at rebelscum about Dengar being the next armored fig from Sideshow. I knew nothing about him aside from the fact that he was one of the bounty hunters on the executor in ESB. So I figured I would read up on him.

This is what I found...

"Payback," they called him, a bounty hunter with a gravity well-producing chip on his shoulder. Sure, the professionals will advise keeping hunts from getting personal. For Dengar, however, personal vendettas have fueled much of his career.

The Corellian was once a daring swoop-racer until a competitive rival named Han Solo cut his career short. Although it was Dengar who was at fault -- he crashed his swoop into Solo's vehicle -- he blamed Han for the debilitating cranial trauma that followed.

Although Dengar failed to capture Solo, he did find something unexpected in his hunt. He came across a beautiful Aruzan woman named Manaroo, whose compassion and access to a cybernetic link stirred the long-buried emotions inside Dengar. The two fell in love.

It was a rebirth for Dengar. Surviving the collapse of Jabba the Hutt's criminal empire, Dengar's newfound compassion and camaraderie extended to rescuing a naked and wounded Boba Fett who had clawed his way out of the Sarlacc's gullet. The two formed a working partnership that would last years, and Fett even served as best man at Dengar and Manaroo's wedding.

This is the gayest bio I have ever read. Especially the bit about Boba Fett serving as best man at his wedding.

It pretty much sums up why the EU sucks to me. :lol:lol:lol

Yep. One of the many mind-numbing things to come out of that "Tales Of The Bounty Hunters" book.

Believe it or not, it's far from the worst. Go read IG-88's! :google

And yes, the EU is almost total poop. At least 90% of it is, I would say. In fact, I got the latest Star Wars Insider (issue #100) and the feature article is "The 100 Best Things About STAR WARS Ever". Well, that inspired me to come up with a list of my own of The 100 WORST Things About Star Wars... and I already know that The Expanded Universe tops the list.

That pretty much sums up the entire Tales of the Bounty Hunter book. :lol IG 88 as the core of the Death Star, Boba Fett's backstory, Zuckuss and 4-LOM working for the rebellion :lol

Um, I think that the Dengar comment was maybe a joke? :confused: I think one of the guys mentioned him in the February 26th podcast when talking about armor, so listen for yourself and see what you think... I took it as kind of a joke (he's got weird, hodgepodge armor and a bandaged head!), but who knows, it's hard to tell with the guys sometimes :lol Maybe he'd made a good Con exclusive sometime... or not, whatever.

Download: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mp3/022608_podcast.m4a

So since the EU sucks I take it you didnt order the EU Obi Wan clone wars figure?....Yea thats what I thought.

So since the EU sucks I take it you didnt order the EU Obi Wan clone wars figure?....Yea thats what I thought.

We're speaking in relative terms. Which is... 90+% of the EU sucks. The Clone Wars (or, some of the novels and the animated versions thereof) is one of the rare elements of the EU that doesn't punch you in the balls.

Allow me to expand.... PT EU sucks some of the time. OT EU sucks ALL OF THE TIME. :lol:lol:lol

The difference is the comic books/graphic novels and things like "Star Wars Tales" (the Infinities stuff). There, it's basically a push. There is equal parts suckage and good for both (more suckage for both).

Now, when you get into novels and other fiction... that's where the Old Republic and Prequel eras easily trump that of the OT and post-OT.

:lol You may feel there canon but there not. Dengar was actually in the movie.

The new CLONE WARS will be canon for two key reasons:

1. Lucas himself is directly involved, including the creation of new characters and story elements
2. It will be a theatrically released film from Lucasfilm

The new CLONE WARS will be canon for two key reasons:

1. Lucas himself is directly involved, including the creation of new characters and story elements
2. It will be a theatrically released film from Lucasfilm

Arent only the 6 movies canon? Lucas has been involved in alot of this EU stuff already and that doesnt make them canon.

Back