This Is Why I Think The EU Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the EU too...

But there is one thing I don't like...

Jaxxon2.jpg

Yes, Jaxxon is a +++++

But really, From reading the NJO series or the new Legacy of the Force series, they are really great. And don't forget KOTOR, which was a really great story.

I'll admit that I don't think the EU is all crap, but, in general, I really don't need some no-name author telling me where my favorite characters came from...

I like most of the EU. Allmost all of the PT EU stuff, particuarly the comics are great. the older stuff, not so much. Timothy Zhan's Thrawn trilogy, about 6 years after ROTJ is A WONDERFUL series. Yeah, the Yslmiri are a bit of a streach, but , then so is ALOT of star wars. If i can beleive a Massive military instilation CAN'T defend the exhaust port of their battle station agains a small group of fighters, i can beleive anything.

the EU is ok for me cuz i dont really read SW books or comics so i dont know a lot of characters' backgrounds and i dont care to. i just like the mystique behind all those background characters in the OT. dont really want it explained straight out to me. that's why the PT is such a downer for me. Lucas spent way too much time trying to link everything to the OT. kinda hinders a person's imagination that way. wish he would have left things more ambiguous.

Never like any of the EU characters SSC made. I ordered Armored Kenobi simply for his head sculpt. With a 100 episodes of TV StarWars on the way, noone will ever have time for any EU merchandise.

Dengar will be one character that I would be excited about. I hope SSC takes on the TESB version( the one with the backpack) rather than ROTJ.

Back