Faux Bronze Duel of the Fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
From the auction info on the "Golden' version:

This auction is for a one-of-a-kind treasure, an early sample of the faux-bronze version of the Duel of the Fates Diorama. The creative team created several painted prototypes for the faux-bronze version, and this particular sample was known in-house as 'the golden one' - so called because the paint used has a very golden hue, and very little dark wash. For the limited faux-bronze edition that will be pre-sold soon at www.SideshowCollectibles.com, a darker paint scheme will be utilized.

So we have official confirmation that a faux bronze version of this one will be up for order soon.

Do you think they will go back and produce a fauz bronze Anakin VS. Obi-Wan?

I have to say that I respect them for not keeping the fauz bronze edition a secret until after the "Golden" auction ends. Full disclosure for the potential bidders is a good thing.

I have to say that I respect them for not keeping the fauz bronze edition a secret until after the "Golden" auction ends. Full disclosure for the potential bidders is a good thing.

Damn, that's right, the auction is today! Ya, good one them. Well, that means this one probably won't be out until Q3. I wonder if the one for auction will be #1??!! Gonna go check that out!

Ah, good stuff. Can't wait for the Faux Bronze. Gonna have to listen to the Podcast when I get home from class tonight.

I'm still a little confused about how stable the dio really is, with all the weight of Maul resting on Qui Gon's chest. Looks dangerous, but really cool at the same time.

I'm going to repeat a post I made earlier today because I think any faux bronze discussion warrants it...

I really hope sideshow doesn't get too "gimicky" with these sort of releases. Exclusive vs. non-exclusives are cool, and the occasional limited release keep us on our toes and loggin in often, but too many of this sort of gimmick can ruin it (IMO). Look at what happened to comics in the 90's. Same as baseball cards around the same time.

Already way above my price with everything I have coming. I won't get the other version either I'll stick to the regular paint.

Already way above my price with everything I have coming. I won't get the other version either I'll stick to the regular paint.

Me too. One of these is too big for where I was planning on displaying it. I sure as hell don't need a second with a crappier paint job :monkey1

And I might stick with this one (cancelling the regular duel of the fates I've got on pre-order)... if I can get it.

The fauz bronze won't be related to the auctions. The fauz gold one is being auctioned off for the Diane memorial, but the darker faux bronze will be sold through the site just like the Dooku was.

The fauz bronze won't be related to the auctions. The fauz gold one is being auctioned off for the Diane memorial, but the darker faux bronze will be sold through the site just like the Dooku was.

Still sounds flippable though :monkey3

Hope no one makes an obnoxious thread about the 100 FREAKbrothers who get lucky enough to snag one.:monkey3

Back