We can stop asking SSC for Roy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F'n hell!!!! I cant believe Sideshow didnt finish this line. And they cant claim it was popular either, the Jason figures always sold pretty damn good:monkey4

That said, this actually looks great!!!! I wonder what the articulation with be.

That looks more like a PF with mixed media. Are we sure SS doesn't have the 1:6th license anymore?

This is a surprise.

I can't believe that SS didn't reup this license. The horror figures all sold pretty well and I'm sure SS could have released a few more figures from the line.

As far as the Mezco figures goes, it does look good. It looks like the pants are sculpted though and the only cloth part on the figure is the shirt.

but... but... but... This can't happen... Jason was my first :monkey2

I went to bed last night and everything was right with the world. Today, I wake up and it's Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. GG doing 12", DST doing 18" soft goods, Mezco doing 12" Jason, earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria! :google

I'm guessing it's a static piece. The legs at least look to be a solid sculpted piece.

Yeah, thats what it looks like, just looks like the shirt is the only thing cloth.

Probably very little articulation.

But if we get a Roy and Jason VIII I may pick them up.

I like it, but I wished they had started with a figure Sideshow hadn't already done, and done damn well I might add. A part 8 would have been nice.

Another downside is I don't think they'll be pumping them out anywhere near as fast a Sideshow did. If it's one at a time we can expect some Freddys and Leatherfaces to take up spots as well.

On the upside I can see their versions of Jason X, Jason goes to hell and Sackhead being way better then Sideshows.

Last edited:
Very odd... so its a 12" statue with cloth attatched?!? Well I guess if a Roy is released at least it will sort of fit in.

Next to getting ****ed out of a Medieval Kurgan, this is Sideshow biggest slap in the face to me.

LONG had the said they would finish the Jason line:monkey4

People are crying because of the price of Gandalf, I am more pissed that Sideshow may have given up the Friday 13th line:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

I think the Mezco looks awesome, not as good as Sideshows quality but still really decent! I have some good memories with my Jason's they were the very first 12" figures I ever owned!

:monkey2

I have some good memories with my Jason's they were the very first 12" figures I ever owned!

Same here, this is kind of weird news. We may be getting upset over nothing here as well. The pants are clearly plastic, so maybe it falls under some weird mixed media category so that Mezco doesn't really step on Sideshow's toes. Or maybe Sideshow's license isn't exclusive. Or maybe, like we've been pondering, Sideshow's days with Jason are done. In that case, all good things... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I'm hitting up the "ask Sideshow" section right now and hope you guys do the same.

Come on...Roy was probably one of the easiest figure Sideshow could have done...As a collector, Sideshow's Friday the 13th line will always have a special place for me, it was my favorite line for a long time and I was always waiting with a lot of anticipation for the next figure.

I feel cheated, cause Sideshow's had always claimed they would devote themselve to complete that line.

I guess the only thing I can cling to is hoping for a PF of him still???

I sold my FvJ PF Excl in lieu of picking up a PF Roy down the road... :monkey1

Come on...Roy was probably one of the easiest figure Sideshow could have done...As a collector, Sideshow's Friday the 13th line will always have a special place for me, it was my favorite line for a long time and I was always waiting with a lot of anticipation for the next figure.

I feel cheated, cause Sideshow's had always claimed they would devote themselve to complete that line.

I wouldn't feel cheated bro, Sideshow gave us 8 awesome Voorhees figures, thats 5 more than the Terminator 2 figures they made. I think Sideshow went to the max with this line, sure i'd love a Roy but i'm really happy with the Voorhees figs I have!

What a SOLID line it was............

Back