ROTJ luke or ESB luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
ROTJ is my favorite of the OT, but I also like ESB too. I really like the ESB luke's headsculpt alot more than ROTJ... so what to do?
:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

which one should I get?

As nice as the ESB Luke looks, the sculpt just utterly captures Mark Hammil on the ROTJ figured, if you're forced to pick one or the other, I'd go for ROTJ.

Jedi all the way. It lauched this line for us and is still one of the better ones released.

Depends on what you are interested in as far as the figures. The ESB Luke has a more elaborate costume and more accessories. I, myself like that incarnation of Luke best. I say...ESB Luke.

The sculpt on Jedi Luke is one of best in the entire line (even with the open mouth). It's definitely worth having in your collection. Especially if you're more of a ROTJ fan.

That being said...I can't wait to get Bespin Luke. :chew

I would go with both (and I am) but if I had to pick one it would Jedi Luke.. The gun is a better exclusive than the splint.

ESB but i say wait till final pics are up.(if not already)But it's luke so both is a good answer

If Bespin Luke turns out as good as the proto I'll put it on the same level as Jedi Luke. But since ROTJ is your favorite movie, that's a good deciding factor.

Also, Jedi Luke has the distinction of being the first (and rarest?) SS SW figure.

Bespin Luke looks like it'll be a very nice figure, but I don't think it looks as much like Mark Hammil as Jedi Luke does. I will of course have both. :D

Last edited:
If Jedi is your favorite film, then yeah, go with Jedi Luke. Don't let the euphoria of Bespin Luke being a new figure sway your opinion.

Both figures look great and I consider both to pretty pretty iconic images of Luke, which is why I (will) have both. So you can't go wrong with either. But then again, I'll also be getting farmboy Luke when he's released too. :eek:

ESB is my fav OT film, so I would go with Bespin Luke. Like others said here, since Jedi if your fav, go for Jedi Luke.

I personally like both, but since Jedi is your favorite film I would go with that one. Another consideration is $$$$. The ROTJ Luke having been sold out a few hours and days after he became available puts a higher price tag on him in the secondary market. The exclusive blaster is a nice piece but not a deal breaker for the figure. I'd say go for the regular Jedi Luke to save some money and order Bespin Luke too! You won't regret either of them. :D

Your original Jedi Luke you sold me wants me to tell you to get one of him again. He says "You will buy Jedi Luke ex. from pixletwin"

IMGP1224.JPG

I don't have the money... trades please........ :monkey2

oh btw, I was never able to cash that money order... so basicly I gave it to you.. lol.

I pity :monkey2 those collectors who are only limiting themselves to ONE of each character. Jedi ROTJ Luke stands comfortably with Yavin Ceremony Luke and when Bespin Luke arrives there'll be four of them (counting the Hurricane ESB Luke that I've got with light-up lightsaber).

Personally I don't get the whole only get one of each character. Boushh is a tremendous figure and I wouldn't want to have to choose between her and the more iconic ANH Leia that'll be out shortly.

Go with your heart though...

I went to every 7/11, every liquor store, then I tried the bank, but was too young to have a bank account at the time. :eek:

Back