Die Hard 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Die Hard 2 and 3 weren't great but they at least made me feel like I was watching the same John McClane who appeared in the original. Parts 4 and 5 felt like a completely different character in a completely different series IMO.

Just bring back a villain that has some charisma and can verbally spar with Willis, may be Simon Gruber managed to escape the helicopter before it hit the power lines...:lol

I never saw the one with his kids grown up. was that supposed to be tied to the saga

I haven't seen beyond "With a Vengeance." And even that was too many sequels. DH2 is alright, but I don't seek it out. The injected race angle in DH3 was very irritating.

I'm good with 1-3. The first is obviously a classic, the second is a competent actioner which actually acknowledged the unlikelihood of the same cop being involved in the same kind of scenario again. The third changed the format a bit and gave a plausible enough explanation for how that same cop has to deal with this new situation. I feel it did so without escalating the action to a ridiculous degree as is the usual path of sequels....which brings me to Die Hard 4. We're truly in cartoon territory there where John McClane might aswell be a Marvel supersoldier. And I heard that 5 is worse so I've never seen it.

Last edited:
I think 1-3 are fine as a trilogy for all the reasons a-dev gave. I liked the idea having the trilogy bookend with the third film involving another Gruber villain and Irons was awesome. Four was meh and had nothing to do with the Die Hard franchise except to have Willis in a film as McClane again. Five was an absolute abomination.

Should’ve ended after Die Hard 2.
Words to life by! :lecture

Die Hard in Space
John McClane vs Zombies
Still not as unrealistic and stupid as "John and his CIA pseudo-son fight "Russians" in a cheesy OTT version of Russia and then drive to Ukraine over night just in time to fight more "Russians" in Pripyat and stop the villain from gettin' weapons-grade uranium in Chernobyl's secret vault."

I can't be mad at that cuz to US shmucks Russians are always cheesy OTT evil.
Unless it's a hot Russian female sidekick of your western protagonist. :lol

Back