Action Figure Need help figuring a value for collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captbaker

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I'm not a collector but these are my grown son's collection from years ago. They were all kept in individual plastic ziplocks with all their individual accessories. It really doesn' look like they've been played with. Here's a group shot. Please let me know what you think.
StarWarsCollection.jpg

Basically worthless. All those are mid 90's Star Wars figures, not worth anything anymore.

Yep. I had a bunch of those myself. I think if they were mint in a sealed package you might get a buck a piece for them.

I sold my entire Power of the Force set a few years back. I was lucky to have gotten close to cost on them and those were still sealed. I doubt you'd get much for open ones at this point. The only Star Wars figures worth anything from the modern era are 30th Anniversary Series, The Legacy Collection and The Vintage Collection.

List each figure individually on ebay for $1 with $3 shipping, and let ebayers decide how much they'll pay for them. If that sounds like too much work, throw them on there for $15 and hope for the best.

As mentioned this figure line was over produced and not very "collectible" in the value sense. Only true vintage figures or the more recent better lines of figures carry collector value.

i gave every single mint in package figure from these star wars to xmen, lotr, batman,etc... to toys for tots! over a thousand happy kids that xmas :) so many toys that lose value maybe to us. but kids who have literally nothing? man that would make their day!

i gave every single mint in package figure from these star wars to xmen, lotr, batman,etc... to toys for tots! over a thousand happy kids that xmas :) so many toys that lose value maybe to us. but kids who have literally nothing? man that would make their day!

Well done. Must've been a hard thing to do, but I know you sleep better at night than those who pinched them for pennies and took a loss from what they originally paid.

#goodposting

Donation route might be most profitable if you itemize your deductions. Mark them for reasonably high value then take the write off.

great idea ali, maybe you can use one of those old comic shop toy magazines that show value for figures like Lando Calrissian at $60 loose lool

Man comic shops really did thrive before ebay came on to the scene. Now we have at least the choice of being ripped off or not. But before your one local comic shop was all you had to be connected to the world of collecting. I spent so much money there as a kid. Even though most comic shops closed down, I'd like to think they're all on a beach in Hawaii somewhere sipping pina coladas off of all my individual collectible x-men hologram cards I purchased.

Which btw are like a dollar on ebay now lolzzz

that may be the route I may have to go. I sifted a bunch of those out from the ones I want to keep, I know their value is toast, but all money spent ages ago so even a buck a piece MOC condition I'd take!

If im understanding you correctly gou cant donate them to a comic shop. Youd have to donate to a charitable organizarion- like goodwill or a church. That organization basically gives you a blank form to write in the item(s) you donated and the value. Comic shop cant do that.

I'm not a collector but these are my grown son's collection from years ago. They were all kept in individual plastic ziplocks with all their individual accessories. It really doesn' look like they've been played with. Here's a group shot. Please let me know what you think.
View attachment 272097

You've all been very helpful. I love the idea of making a kids day. Consider it done. You're a considerate group of people.

Much Thanks

Back