10 Cloverfield Lane (Cloverfield sequel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the producers who saw The Divide :lol

All joking aside, I enjoyed Cloverfield and I like that they dropped the found footage angle for this new film. Hopefully this'll elaborate on some of the unanswered questions from the first, they certainly have enough lore to work at from Cloverfield's viral marketing push alone.

I liked the first one a lot. I don't know what to make of this though. From what JJ said, its a "blood relative" to the original, so I assume it has nothing to do with the Manhattan story.

JJ is a master bull**** artist. Remember when he swore blind that Bramblepatch Cummerbund wasn't playing Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness?

I fully expect this will be directly related to the first.

Yeah, he definitely does marketing like no one else out there. You could probably take this trailer with a grain of salt, and it probably really is another found footage film for all we know.

I did like the pre-release little side story video they did for the first film with the creature attacking that oil rig.

"Cloverfield" was a one shot attraction with huge build up.
No interest in anything related to it whatsoever.

At least Devlin/Emmerich's Zilla had actual plot and actors.

Yeah, he definitely does marketing like no one else out there. You could probably take this trailer with a grain of salt, and it probably really is another found footage film for all we know.

I did like the pre-release little side story video they did for the first film with the creature attacking that oil rig.

To be brutally honest, the marketing was more interesting and imaginative than most of the finished film.

To be brutally honest, the marketing was more interesting and imaginative than most of the finished film.

:lol you got a point. I was more interested in the backstory than anything, but the little tidbids you'd get in the film and the side marketing stuff was very disjointed and not very clear.

I assume whatever that was on this satellite/meteor caused it's mutation.

This is not a sequel to Cloverfield. This is the movie Valencia with a different title. It was screen tested two months ago. It is a movie that is similar in tone, setting, the way it is shot, and has big twists and turns in it, but IS NOT a sequel to Cloverfield, and does not have the Cloverfield monster. It is a wholly original sci-fi movie. They changed the title as a marketing ploy.
Sounds like "Monsters: Dark Continent" situation... Another reason to skip. :lol

I really liked the first one and am intrigued by this one. The marketing for the first film was great and I hope this one follows suit with expanding on the lore if these are indeed connected.

From what I've read, they're in the same universe it seems... so we'll know in due time.

Keep your eyes peeled for a Slusho cup in the trashcan of the bunker. ;)

Seriously though - LOVED Cloverfield. Excited for this one based on Goodman and M.E.W. alone. Toss in a Cloverfield connection and I'm game. :monkey3

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought you said they just changed the title as a marketing ploy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yu sure?
From what i was The cloverfield tie in was the results of the reactions from the preview sceenings wich are 2 months old.
Cloverfield kept being referenced in the feedback and they ended up saying why not, they asked damian chazelle (whiplash) to write new stuff to tie the knot but i tought the y were redubbed lines and off screen stuff (voice over and radio tv reports).
Wont surprises me if they Start reworking a lot the final act and make it bigler and louder.

*shrug* Like I said, just something I read today. I'll try to re-find the link, but you already kind kiboshed it.... so. lol

edit -

Article on Latino Review but the source is from Reddit so that's 2 strikes.

Is There More Than Meets the Eye with '10 Cloverfield Lane'? — Latino-Review.com

"It was unfinished for a long time because this movie was originally part of Paramount's Insurge Division, which was a sector of Paramount devoted to low-budget films made for 5 million or less. The Insurge division collapsed and folded up and this film(when it was originally called Valencia) was caught in limbo with no studio home. Eventually, it was grabbed up by Paramount again and new scenes were written in by Dan Casey to connect the film to the 'Cloverfield' universe so it would actually make some money in theaters. Those new scenes/reshoots were shot in March 2015 and they've spent the last year editing and adding effects. I'm starting to get a real funny feeling about this film the more and more I dig around. The original script, the fact that none of the original 'Cloverfield' crew are involved (aside from JJ), and the fact that Paramount is releasing a film with a 5 million dollar budget in IMAX, is beginning to seem like a big cash grab for Paramount to make a few quick bucks off of an orphaned movie that they bought up. Here's some more info about the film in its original state:" Read more at: https://tr.im/56QUm

Last edited:
Dont ask questions of you dont want answers ��
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back