Which Elvis?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What era of Elvis do you want to see first?

• Jailhouse Rock Elvis

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Comeback 68

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Fat Old Vegas

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • First Ed Sullivan appearance

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters
Well... if I had to assume that this is the only Elvis we would get, I vote Ed Sullivan Elvis.

I'm so exited about this so I really don't care...

I only hope it won't be the older Elvis... But as said I will probably buy him anyway if it is...

I have to go with the fat old Vegas Elvis. That's the Elvis I knew when I was a young boy, and I was a huge fan. I still remember when he died, and the press his funeral got. I just hope the PF doesn't turn out to be 'kitsch', for Elvis deserves better.

I went with the Ed Sullivan Show Elvis, but either one will make an excellent PF in my opinion. The King shall live forever.

The wife is hoping for the '68 comeback Elvis but won't mind any other. The King PF is welcome in my home in any incarnation.

Alice, Evilface: really? Old fat underpants-ogling Elvis, bloated from fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches...you'd seriously want that in your home?

If that's really the Elvis you remember, get a copy of the 1981 Andrew Solt film "This is Elvis." It's currently out of print but VHS copies can be found on eBay. You might even check out John Carpenter's telefilm with Kurt Russell to get a sense of his whole story.

I voted for the '68 Comeback Special, when he showed the world that the Beatles hadn't made him irrelevant, but a Sullivan show appearance would be great, and the Nudie's gold suit works for me too.

Who's sculpting?

Comeback, have the extended "full appearance" DVD of it... I think it's a bootleg but was a gift, has all the songs he sang, there were actually 2 shows he did, they switched audiences for the TV broadcast... even though it was very brief...

Thing is, I don't remember if he stood up at all during the entire session, so if they do him he might be sitting on that blue chair or be posed upright with one foot on the chair...

70's sequin jumpsuit wearing, fried peanut butter and banana sandwich eating, takin' care of bidness Elvis.

I'd like Convert Elvis with the white jumpsuitand matching thunderbird red-white-and-blue cape with matching white platform shows and microphone

aww yeah

I voted for the 68' Comeback because that is a great look and of course a very monumental performance... but I'm surprised the gold lame (pronounced le-mae) was not included:

6ftcutoutgoldelvis.jpg

That would actually be my preference... something about that suit is so iconic and over-the-top!

galactiboy said:
...but I'm surprised the gold lame (pronounced le-mae) was not included:

6ftcutoutgoldelvis.jpg

That would actually be my preference... something about that suit is so iconic and over-the-top!​

Yeah. 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t Be Wrong!

Gruff Old Bear said:
Alice, Evilface: really? Old fat underpants-ogling Elvis, bloated from fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches...you'd seriously want that in your home?

If that's really the Elvis you remember, get a copy of the 1981 Andrew Solt film "This is Elvis." It's currently out of print but VHS copies can be found on eBay. You might even check out John Carpenter's telefilm with Kurt Russell to get a sense of his whole story.
I'll think about it. On second thought... I made up my mind: Need a jumpsuit Elvis - That's the way it is!

I'm happy to be getting Elvis, I'm not too particular about which version it is. I think I would like one from his younger days most, but I can see how the Las Vegas fat Elvis would look really awesome in PF format.

Back