My Boba Fett Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
7151_press16-001.jpg

OK, here is where I am going to need everybody's help:

My favorite number has always been 42. I have always dreamed of getting a Sideshow piece numbered 42 out of its edition. So far, I have failed.

My favorite Star Wars character is Boba Fett. The upcoming 1/4 scale Boba Fett figure will be the Holy Grail of my collection and I have been anticipating its creation ever since the line was announced. There has never been, nor will there ever be, a more treasured piece in my collection.

I have made it my New Year's goal to receive the Boba Fett PF #0042/2000.

The chances of my receiving this one by sheer luck are pretty slim. Well, approximately 1 in 2000, to be exact. But I don't like those odds, so I am going to try to improve them.

Here is my plan--I am going to create a petition asking Sideshow to set aside #42 for me. This kind of request is unprecedented, ridiculous, and highly unlikely to be honored. But I am going to do my best. I am asking all of my fellow Freaks to sign this petition, adding your voices to mine in the hopes of securing Boba Fett #42 for my home or office. When Boba Fett begins processing, I shall present the petition to Sideshow and I shall be at their mercy. I believe my chances are slim, but if there were ever a company that would do something like this just to make a fan happy, it would be Sideshow.

Now, why should you help me, you ask? Because IF this plan is successful and I receive Boba Fett #42, I will randomly select one name from the list of people who signed the petition and present that person with an Exclusive Boba Fett Premium Format figure of their own, absolutely free. I will even pay the shipping costs.

Make sense? Good. Sound crazy? It is and I am. However, your only concern is to sign my petition. Simply copy the petition text and post it in a response in this thread, adding the next number in line and your board member name. I shall do the rest...

:cool:

THE OFFICIAL PREMIUM FORMAT BOBA FETT #42 PETITION

We, the undersigned, hereby request that Sideshow Collectibles set aside the Boba Fett Exclusive PF figure numbered #0042/2000 for the Sideshow Freaks board member known as "tomandshell." Please do your part in making his bizarre dream a reality. Thank you for your consideration of this strange and unreasonable request.

Sincerely, the following Sideshow Freaks board members:

1. tomandshell
2. carbo-faction
3. Sith Lord 0498
4. Monk
5. Shai Hulud
6. Mike1065
7. The ill Jedi
8. jlcmsu
9. [email protected]
10. Wor-Gar
11. Memnoch21
12. MONSTER
13. automaton
14. Khev
15. jason2885
16. Agent23
17. PosterBoyKelly
18. congerking
19. wookilar8
20. Bannister
21. Darth Loki
22. Jon Z
23. Bum
24. galactiboy
25. Kookie
26. Jedi Mike
27. Batty
28. Agent0028
29. King Darkness
30. Nitro
31. nash
32. lcummins
33. Migwit
34. pixletwin
35. kain4521

42. Darth Roranous

Last edited:
Darth Roranous said:
This is strange, why 42... and how will you get another exclusive Fett for the winner?
If I can get #42, getting another one with a random number should be a walk in the park...

We, the undersigned, hereby request that Sideshow Collectibles set aside the Boba Fett Exclusive PF figure numbered #0042/2000 for the Sideshow Freaks board member known as "tomandshell." Please do your part in making his bizarre dream a reality. Thank you for your consideration of this strange and unreasonable request.

1. tomandshell
2. carbo-faction
3. Sith Lord 0498

Last edited:
I'm onboard. And, furthermore, I'll say this: Should Sideshow say no, and should I be the one to receive #42, I will happily trade it to you in exchange for your own. Even-steven, you pay shipping. :D Cool?

tomandshell said:

1. tomandshell
2. carbo-faction
3. Sith Lord 0498

I totally understand that kind of request and desire to own that figure Tom...Put my F'N name to the list.

Darth Roranous said:
Can you sign me up as number 42 on your list?

I shall keep petition slot #42 reserved for you, just to show that it is possible to grant someone's 42-related wishes and set the example for Sideshow.

And Monk, I will take you up on your offer if it works out that way!!! You just increased my chances to 1 in 1000!!!

:fireworks

1. tomandshell
2. carbo-faction
3. Sith Lord 0498
4. Monk
5. Shai Hulud
6. Mike1065

42. Darth Roranous

Thanks, Josh and Jedi!! Now my chances are at roughly 1 in 500 and improving by the minute...

1. tomandshell
2. carbo-faction
3. Sith Lord 0498
4. Monk
5. Shai Hulud
6. Mike1065
7. The ill Jedi
8. jlcmsu

42. Darth Roranous

tomandshell said:
I shall keep petition slot #42 reserved for you, just to show that it is possible to grant someone's 42-related wishes and set the example for Sideshow.
Yes!!!! Dreams do come true!!!! If my waitlist comes through... and I get 42... you are welcome to mine as well.

Back