1/6 Are you buying Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you getting DOFP Wolverine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DiFabio

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, this figure is pretty noteworthy in the Hot Toys/Sideshow catalog for being the first real, barebones release to really cross the pricing threshold with it's blatant lack of value and high price point. The recent Toy Fairs exclusives were bad, but things have gotten a helluva a lot worse.

I'm curious, who here is buying?

I like the headsculpt not too fond of chest part of outfit , rather have the 70's wolvie look. We have had 4 wolverine's and missed the 1st only one we all want Rereleased 2.0 version. I like the last wolverine a little just wish they would stick with a decent looking wolverine head sculpt. It's hard 2 pass on fan favorite Wolverine ,but if headsculpts is bad its hard to want one. I'm glad this version turned out decent.

Yep..

c936e0470f543b048fb0306a640b053f.gif

Probably not. But I'd buy that 70s show Wolverine regardless and call it done with the character. After him the only surefire purchase from the franchise at this point would be Fassneto. So yes each figure would be (too) expensive but I would justify it by not buying every single one they make.

Last edited:
Like I said in the main thread I normally don't complain when it comes to pricing but as bare bones as this figure is the price is ridiculous in my opinion. The only reason I can think why it might be as high as it is, is that interview with Howard a while back where he stated that it was harder to do figures from this film and that they had to clear licenslng rights with each actor individually. I'm not sure how that normally works but maybe they had a harder time because of that and Jackman wanted more for his likeness. Even still I can't see how Sideshow and Hot Toys are standing by this price. Especially when you consider the last couple of Wolverine figures have been slow movers and Sideshow is currently discounting the figure from The Wolverine it just seems like this is bound to be a slow mover at this price too. The only way I'll consider it at this point is with a coupon code or if its discounted after release.

I'm not going to PO, but I will buy it if the final product looks great. I'll use my SS points on it, but by the time it comes out, maybe we'll know more about the Apocalypse film and Wolverine's new costume, so time will tell, unless it sell out.

I really like the HS, but probably not for me.
I'd possibly consider a 70's Logan or the young mystique (Military uniform?) it could come with that pistol from DOFP.

Not at this price.

Too barebones. This would be slow mover for sure just like this Wolverine that we have now so I have plenty of time to get this at a discounted price.

The price sucks, sure. But the main reason I'm not buying... Too many f@$&ing Wolverines! As long as brain-dead Hot Toys fanboys keep buying this s$&t they'll keep pumping out Iron Man and Wolverine figures, and f$&k all to the other characters from a movie, or heaven forbid, move on to other properties. I already have a Wolverine, don't need two. HT obviously doesn't have the rights to any of the other actors/characters, so we'll never see any of them.

The price sucks, sure. But the main reason I'm not buying... Too many f@$&ing Wolverines! As long as brain-dead Hot Toys fanboys keep buying this s$&t they'll keep pumping out Iron Man and Wolverine figures, and f$&k all to the other characters from a movie, or heaven forbid, move on to other properties. I already have a Wolverine, don't need two. HT obviously doesn't have the rights to any of the other actors/characters, so we'll never see any of them.

Yea, own a stunt double, in the words of ClownPrince, this is the first Hugh Jackman Wolverine figure Hot Toys has made.

Back