Zay 'ello to my li'l fren!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Man, that joke never gets old when talking about a 12 inch Scarface!:monkey5

Final battle Tony is in the hizzouz! When I opened the box and looked at his face I wasn't real impressed. It's an extreme expression and with him just lying there it makes the whole figure look awkward. The paint is very dramatic as well, but I guess you'd have red bags under your eyes if you'd be snorting coke for 48 hours straight.

But I pushed the voice button and I couldn't help but laugh - almost every line has at least one **** in it. And then I put the machine gun in his hand and posed him, and all of sudden he's transformed. Looking at him from certain angles it looks like a scene straight out of the movie. I don't think I even opened my other Scarface, but this one really looks great (in certain poses).

You know what? **** you! How about that?

**** Caspar Gomez! And **** the ****in' Diaz brothers! **** 'em all! I bury those ****roaches!

Thanks for posting your thoughts Dave. Mine just shipped and I am looking forward to this figure even more now.

arrh, it takes a bit to set up my photography studio. Just take my word for it - he's ****ing cool!

Got my exclusive yesterday but I'm heading out today so no time to do much, my first impression of the HS was also disappointing, although the paint apps looked okay in the flesh tones, general application etc, the eyebrows seemed "off" and the eyes were painted a light brown almost orangey color? What's going on there? Tony had brown eyes, but I looked at this from every angle and only from one angle (right side/profile of face) did it look anything like Tony or the Tony displayed at TF or in the VTR....

I'm glad Dave said once posed it works much better because I didn't see that from my impressions of him as he appears in the box. I was hoping to see the Tony which was displayed at TF (pictured below) or at least the Tony SSC has in the VTR and I didn't see it at all, kind of bummed actually.

This is the Tony I was hoping for... a great AB sculpt and paint apps, but I didn't get this at all...

IMG_0225.jpg

Love to see some posed pics to turn this thing around for me.

Last edited:
nobody w/ pics of this guy yet?! got him today and i think the paint is great. looks just like the TF one, but the sculpt does resemble an older Pacino tho.

pjam said:
Can we get some posed pics mook? mine's still in the box...

lol, so's mine. that's why i asked why there wasn't any pics up yet heh. i'm not entirely sure if i'm keepin him. while i like the paint, i'm not sure i like the sculpt and body. this is my 1st talkin 12" (other than a '63 Joe).

I got mine today with Darth Maul. Maul was a huge disappointment, his upper arm twist joint was glued in place and broke when I tried to turn it. But surprisingly, FB Scarface was much better then I thought!
I'm going to grade him quickly on the Michael Crawford scale:
Edit: I took improved pics and added the accessories, clothing, and overall categories.
Box-
***1/2 Nice but not what I spent $50 on.
Sculpt-
**** Excellent! Andy did a great job here, looks better then the first version.
Paint-
**** MUCH improved over the first paint job! No glossy paint this time and the dark circles under his eyes are far lighter then they were before.
Body-
** There is all articulation from the regular non-talkie body, however only a twist joint at the neck and waist. The worst body design from Sideshow.
Clothes-
**** They turned out nice, and I think feel better then the first version which felt stiff. There are no shirt sleeves again, but the suit fits better without them.
Accessories-
**** Damn, this M-16 looks just as good as the DML version! Sideshow has improved on weapons greatly since the Platoon figures. The M-203 grenade launcher slides forward and back and you can place one of the three grenade shells in the chamber, unfortunately they slide out the front of the barrel if it's angled downward. Also the magazine is removable and a second mag is taped to the first. The 5 stacks of 20 dollar bills looks darker and more realistic, the first set looked faded like bills that have been in circulation for a while. He also comes with an extra hand; It's closed more then other hands and would work well with the bills or switchblade from the first version. Lastly, he comes with the stand from the first.
In all, I felt like I got much more then the first version.
Talking Feature-
***1/2 They would've been better if Pacino actually did them, but they sound close enough and are clear and not too loud.
Overall- **** I like him so much more then the first version. If I was to only buy one, I'd buy Final Battle Scarface.

I have a piss poor camera so I did the best I could, hopefully others will take better pictures shortly:
picture615my0.jpg

picture617eq4.jpg

picture607da6.jpg

picture608pj2.jpg

Last edited:
SM, nice quick review. I bought two of FB Scarface, one exclusive and the other regular. I was going to give the exclusive away for X-Mas to my brother, whom I had already given the First Scarface. Oddly he preferred the first Scarface over the FB one. :confused:

So I'll be keeping both for myself. :monkey5

I also got two of the PT R.Lee Ermey who yells out his profane dialog, almost twice/three times as loud as FB Scarface. Both figures are great!

P.S.
nice comparison shots

dsc00483jd8.jpg

dsc00482kw7.jpg

dsc00481rt4.jpg

sorry bout the crappy pics. still haven't gotten the hang of it.

but u gotta love grenades! i think it's a good pose and every since i discovered the ankle joint has side to side movement, it's been easier to get the feet looking natural.

Mookeylama said:
sorry bout the crappy pics. still haven't gotten the hang of it.

but u gotta love grenades! i think it's a good pose and every since i discovered the ankle joint has side to side movement, it's been easier to get the feet looking natural.

Nice going Mook! You may want to try the "quick fix" option, I did it with your pic here...

dsc00482kw7.jpg

I can't quite get how much different he looks in the box vs posed. :confused:

Back