Large Scale Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PermaG

Super Freak
Reaction score
So someone posted a link to a Wonderfest video to show off Chronicles booth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwWpolIn_7g

In the video, around 1:35 they start looking over a booth, by NicenModelDesigns(.com).
One of their models caught my eye. At 2:11

Forget 1/6, gimme that! :pfft:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this piece or about Nicen Model Designs in general.
Their website seems to be being built and not up yet.

dang.. I found their Facebook page but no info on that.. website is not active.. would love to get some infos on that as well !

Snippet from their facebook page...

Posted on June 7th.
I post this to let my customers know I will not longer be selling garage kits. I have received numerous order requests the past several days but I have to respectfully say that as of now all Nice-N Model Designs Studio Scale model line is Out of Production. All masters and molds are being packed up and stored and are not for sale.

Unsure on if some of these fall outside of "studio scale model line", but I would assume everything it no longer around. :(
Apparently he left to go work with Chronicles.
I asked for more info, so just waiting for a reply.

that is unfortunate !! the probe could be in about 1/5 to 1/4 scale

I think this is Steve Neisen, the talented guy who worked with eFX for the TIE fighter and the upcoming Y-Wing. I think eFX will have him work for a Probe Droid some day too.

Yep it's Steve. I think he has too many official build contracts nowadays to be doing garage kits. But having him do builds for efX and Chronicles is a great win for the studio scale community. His stuff is top notch and his attention to detail is insane.

So based on his comments, that model is question, is not available (as with probably the rest in the booth)? Even though the video is recent...

I have this kit but was produced by another guy from the RPF as I think Steve had to much on his belt. Definitely sold out. Is a great kit tho and at studio scale is very large. I also have the snowspeeder that is there.

There any places in general I should be looking at to find more studio scale stuff?

Wow, beautiful stuff. That Klingon Bird of Prey is jaw dropping. Love the Probe Droid and Snowspeeder, too. Will have to check out eFX's Y-Wing. Had no idea they were doing one. Always liked that design.

Back