Woo-Hoo!!!! I've just got back from IKEA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm finally moving into my display room on Saturday so I've been to Ikea tonight nto purchase the display cabinets for my SW stuff & SSC stuff.

Two car loads!!!!!

8 Detolfs
3 Bertbys
3 Billys

Pics up at weekend.

Can you hear that?

It's my credit card screaming....

DAMN!!!! Thats a lot of cabinet space, and a lot of $$$$. Congrats, thats my biggest prob right now, no good display options in my house.

you should have bought a big pimpass curio w/ custom lighting.

I just got back from Ikea also and picked up this unit for my PFs. Each piece is seperate so I subbed the small top shelf for another middle section to top it off.
Once I get over this cold I'll build it and post some pics.

27581_PE113783_S4.jpg

abstractharmony said:
I'm finally moving into my display room on Saturday so I've been to Ikea tonight nto purchase the display cabinets for my SW stuff & SSC stuff.

Two car loads!!!!!

8 Detolfs
3 Bertbys
3 Billys

Pics up at weekend.

Can you hear that?

It's my credit card screaming....

You'll be back at Ikea too. One thing about buying in quantity from them, there is bound to be some missing or broken crucial piece that means dragging a big heavy thing back to the store... :lol

Heh, I hate going to IKEA, but my girlfriend managed to drag me there 2 times over the last 2 months... (not to buy cabinets of course, she's not to keen on my collecting habit...).

I definitely would love to see pix of your collection, once you're ready with the set up! Hurry Abstract!

I love IKEA, the Detolfs have perfected my collecting display. My wife really got into IKEA too, we went the one time for Detolfs and have gone back several times for various things around the house, my living room is practically an IKEA showcase....:lol

I love IKEA, the Detolfs have perfected my collecting display. My wife really got into IKEA too, we went the one time for Detolfs and have gone back several times for various things around the house, my living room is practically an IKEA showcase.

Here! Here!

And yeah, good luck on the Detolfs. I've built three so far and surprisingly without help.

Will you put interior lighting like mine?

ss6zd0.jpg

I will go to IKEA next week to buy 2 DELTOFS and 1 SKOGEN...

I want to display my STAR WARS 1/4 SCALE PREMIUM Collection (GRIEVOUS Exclusive for the SKOGEN and the others in the DELTOFS (DARTH VADER, OBI-WAN, HAN SOLO, LUKE & LEIA).

BUT, i'm a little nervous about 2 things....

Do you think that GRIEVOUS can be display into a SKOGEN ?
I mean he is really LARGE and LONG...

I think he can be display into a SKOGEN, but if someone had already display it in a SKOGEN i would like to know if there could be a problem...

Most important i'm really upset and nervous about the DELTOFS...

Can they support the weight of a DARTH VADER 1/4 Scale Premium for exemple ????

Is anybody have any experiences with this 2 points ???

Boba Fett said:
Here! Here!

And yeah, good luck on the Detolfs. I've built three so far and surprisingly without help.

Will you put interior lighting like mine?

Boba - Are you at all concerned about the heat/intensity of those lights damaging the top row of figures? I've been thinking about doing your exact setup.

Darth Fredius said:
I will go to IKEA next week to buy 2 DELTOFS and 1 SKOGEN...

I want to display my STAR WARS 1/4 SCALE PREMIUM Collection (GRIEVOUS Exclusive for the SKOGEN and the others in the DELTOFS (DARTH VADER, OBI-WAN, HAN SOLO, LUKE & LEIA).

BUT, i'm a little nervous about 2 things....

Do you think that GRIEVOUS can be display into a SKOGEN ?
I mean he is really LARGE and LONG...

I think he can be display into a SKOGEN, but if someone had already display it in a SKOGEN i would like to know if there could be a problem...

Most important i'm really upset and nervous about the DELTOFS...

Can they support the weight of a DARTH VADER 1/4 Scale Premium for exemple ????

Is anybody have any experiences with this 2 points ???

No experience with the Skogen but when I measure Grievous and then walked around Ikea I did not find a single item that would fit him. I also found the measurements on the Sideshow site off a lil. I think he was about 21-22 inches deep thats 3-4 inches bigger the Sideshow lists. I have the PAX which yes is a Clothes Storage unit and Grievous fits pretty nicely, only problem is no glass door. Here is what I have
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=202086&postcount=1

From what I have seen with Deltofs you can only fit 2 PFs in a cabinet due to fixed shelf height. Here is a good example.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=223912&postcount=10

Hope that helps.

i've seen the detolf's for $59.99

i asked the wife for a wooden Target bookcase (w/ adjustable shelving)...they had quite a few different kind of bookcases but only 2 with the right kind of adjustable shelving that would be ideal for PF's...while i'd like the detolfs and glass cabinet, i'd assume get a quality shelf that would fit pretty much whatever i'd need. i still haven't ruled out the detolfs though...

Back