PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys DX Anakin Skywalker (EP3)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Since well all know it's coming and it has been made official today as this years Star Wars DX release, I thought a thread on this should be made.

I personally would like to see it handled like DX Luke.

2 figures, one a normal Anakin and the other a sith Anakin and perhaps even a charred Vader. Perhaps the platform he and Obiwan fight on while floating in the lava just before he gets the chop.

farkasember
03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
No...Nooooo!

Uncanny Web-Slinger
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Who cares about Star Wars. There's 15 more Iron Mens coming :lol

Darthrazz
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm excited for this. Now the waiting game begins......

ProgMatinee
03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Since well all know it's coming and it has been made official today as this years Star Wars DX release, I thought a thread on this should be made.

2 figures, one a normal Anakin and the other a sith Anakin and perhaps even a charred Vader. Perhaps the platform he and Obiwan fight on while floating in the lava just before he gets the chop.

Hmm. Have to pass if its Episode III. I'm sure it'll crush the likeness and paint of the Sideshow, but the costume is still top notch. Maybe nab the sculpt from TA.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I think this will make one amazing figure set actually.

Like Pix said; two figures - one Jedi boy, one Sith eyes & burnt outfit from Mustafar battle. A piece of that collapsed column they scramble around on would be cool too.

I've sea-sawed on wanting a high end ROTS Anakin for a while now.. & the truth is, I'll probably pass & concentrate on wishing for a HT Qui-Gon & Theed battle Padme.

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Sorry Prog but:

Hot Toys' Howard Chan has said in an interview plans for the next Star Wars figures:

4.What's the next character next to Luke?
Howard : 2013 Anakin from Episode 3; 2014 Han Solo from Episode 4; the initial plan to release Padme in 2015 still in consideration.

5. Any plan to make 1/6 Star Wars vehicle?
X-wing?
Howard : Vehicles in Star Wars too big to be produced in 1/6 scale, will be developing in smaller scale.

Tee-Kay
03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
A Jedi/Sith would be great. I expect it to come with a base as cool as the one we got with Luke. Maybe a chunk of the large pole he and Obi fight suspended to cables.

Matt S
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
One a year? FRAK.....can't say I'm overly excited but know it'll look cool

Uncanny Web-Slinger
03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Ep3 Anakin was the best imo.

I'd want...

- Sith HS with angry expression featuring red sith eyes (PERS)
- Jedi HS with calmer expression (PERS)
- Removable arm
- Burned stump for arm
- Mustafar lava droid base dio
- Jedi Temple style base
- 2x unlit lightsaber hilt
- 2x lit lightsaber hilt
- various hands including force choke hand

SixthScaleEdward
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm just too happy to say what I want :blissy

SSC Anakin was what brought me to the 1/6th world.
It's a benchmark for me seeing it remade.

:monkey2 :clap

Mr. EcKo
03-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Meh........ Give me more Jokers Please

VintijDroidGutzz
03-12-2013, 12:53 PM
If they really do the 'troubled soul' look that he had during the entire film justice, both head sculpts will be jaw dropping, no doubt.

The end battle face with all that pent up anger will look amazing I reckon.

Dracula
03-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Great news, just read the interview. Like Nova said, Sith and Jedi version (EP3) in one set, DX Luke style. It'd be cool if they could include a young Anakin (EP1) too.

Edit: According to a translation it is Anakin from EP3 and Padme might be release the year after Han Solo.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
It'd be cool if they could include a young Anakin (EP1) too.
Hey - why stop there. :lecture

If the box is big enough, why not throw in a whiney 2002 Hayden, complete with the severed heads of an innocent Tusken family. :huh :lol

Dracula
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM

If the box is big enough, why not throw in a whiney 2002 Hayden, complete with the severed heads of an innocent Tusken family. :huh :lol

Hey, why stop there. If you hate Anakin from Ep1 why not from Ep3. They are equally "whiney". :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
:lol

I don't hate little Ani.. :monkey3

Dracula
03-12-2013, 01:16 PM
It satisfies me to know that the annoying people who are constantly hating on the PT or any characters from those movies are so b-u-t-t-h-u-r-t by the PT that they need be such drama queens to let the whole world know they hate it. I'm so glad SW is f'd up for them and that it isn't for me, I love the PT. :D

Invictus Sol
03-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Bah! I have no interest in Anakin whatsoever but I am surprised that they're going w/ANH Han (2014). Most of us seem to have been expecting ESB Han but I'm definitely down for the smuggler look (did want an HT Han in carbonite, though :monkey2 -- Hope they really do something amazing with the accessories/layout for Han, as there's no point to a second figure in that release). Wow, one OT HT fig every two years, though. Helluva wait.

karamazov80
03-12-2013, 01:24 PM
I constantly hate the PT and any characters from those movies. I want you all to know that. SW is f'd up for me, because I hate the PT. :mad:

Bah! I have no interest in Anakin whatsoever but I am surprised that they're going w/ANH Han (2014). Most of us seem to have been expecting ESB Han but I'm definitely down for the smuggler look (did want an HT Han in carbonite, though :monkey2 -- Hope they really do something amazing with the accessories/layout for Han, as there's no point to a second figure in that release). Wow, one OT HT fig every two years, though. Helluva wait.
I would taken any news from Howard with a huge grain of salt. Long term plan-related news? Even moreso.

Dracula
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Make your b-u-t-t ready for the ST (sequel trilogy) :lol.

Tee-Kay
03-12-2013, 01:31 PM

If we only get one body for Han, he could come with a Chewy accessory :yess:

FLOSI
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Yikes... What a let down.

AIR
03-12-2013, 01:41 PM

Where is this coming from? I had no idea:dunno
As a PT lover:monkey3, I am excited for this.

Invictus Sol
03-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I constantly hate the PT and any characters from those movies. I want you all to know that. SW is f'd up for me, because I hate the PT. :mad:

I would taken any news from Howard with a huge grain of salt. Long term plan-related news? Even moreso.
Haha, no-one's raining on the PT lovers parade here! But you can't expect everyone not to get their two cents in. :lol

That's definitely sound advice in regards to Howard and long-term plans. I'd still prefer an Empire DX Han, but if all we get is the ANH version, I'll be happy to pick it up.

...As a PT lover:monkey3, I am excited for this.
This cat's happy you'll be able to add an HT Anakin to your collection, Webb Head! :hi5:

Seeeeeeeeee, karamazov?! :P

onethousandmasks
03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Is there a reason why HT is only doing 1 Star Wars figure a year? Is that the deal they have with Sideshow?

darthkostis
03-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Ep 3 anakin is my favourite look for him.Hayden's performance was meh at best but the design was awesome.I still have to get luke though.Jedi knight would be my preffered look but i better buy him now.

karamazov80
03-12-2013, 02:03 PM
This cat's happy you'll be able to add an HT Anakin to your collection, Webb Head! :hi5:

Seeeeeeeeee, karamazov?! :P
No, seriously. I hate them.

http://i.imgur.com/x7y9Pag.jpg

The prequels. . .they're sort of like sand, and I don't like sand.

Darth Waller
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM

:lol:rotfl:lol

ApeManRyan
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm pretty excited for this but would of preferred Hot Toys to make ROTJ Luke. Now that would be awesome! Hope SS or Hot Toys make one. I know SS did a ROTJ Luke but they should redo him. One of the two companies should but anyways excited to see this for sure. :)

Invictus Sol
03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
No, seriously. I hate them.

http://i.imgur.com/x7y9Pag.jpg

Haha, sorry, reading comprehension fail on my part. Thought you were appealing to everyone not to express disappointment in Anakin being next. :slap

But yeah, it will be a killer long wait. At least we have Tamashii R2, next year.

Matt S
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Honestly, I'd have loved HT to announce a figure that would benefit from their talents, like Chewie or the like.....now, a humanoid figure is probably all they can do, but if so, do Slave Leia or some other figure SSC cannot possibly hope to do (well)

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Honestly, I'd have loved HT to announce a figure that would benefit from their talents, like Chewie or the like.....now, a humanoid figure is probably all they can do, but if so, do Slave Leia or some other figure SSC cannot possibly hope to do (well)

If wishes were fishes etc....

We already know that HT can only do humanoid figures that have already been done by SSC. This is old news. :lecture

Uncanny Web-Slinger
03-12-2013, 02:21 PM
It's only fair for the next figure to be PT since their last one was OT :lecture

Kuzeh
03-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Misleading title... :gah:

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Misleading title... :gah:

How so? :dunno

abake
03-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Awesome news!
I'm really looking forward to a great HT Anakin. So far my Darren Carnall/Sideshow custom has worked very well, but I can't wait to see what HT can do with it.

Incidentally, where's this interview?

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Hot Toys Facebook community.

surforia
03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Awesome news!
I'm really looking forward to a great HT Anakin. So far my Darren Carnall/Sideshow custom has worked very well, but I can't wait to see what HT can do with it.

Incidentally, where's this interview?

The interview I saw was on facebook - here was the full text (as translated):

1. How many Ironmans will be in Ironman 3
H: 15

2. Iron Whiplash maybe?
H: We are planing

3. 1989 bat mobile when to release on the market?
H: Delay to May

H: Anakin next year would be Han Solo

5. Any plan to make 1:6 starwar vehicle?
X-wing?
H: It's too big, but plan on smaller scale

Kuzeh
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
How so? :dunno

I was expecting pics or at least a teaser... :tap

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I was expecting pics or at least a teaser... :tap

Were "pics" or "teaser" included in the thread title?

No?

Then good day sir!

http://data.whicdn.com/images/35359104/276_large.gif

(though I have a feeling teaser pics may be coming soon)

Jayrod88
03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
So they mention smaller vehicles. Can we expect the next trooper to be a Scout, and a Scout Bike? We got Sandtrooper/Dewback, Snowtrooper/e-web, it would only make sence!
Landspeeder, Scout Bike, What else?

Uncanny Web-Slinger
03-12-2013, 02:51 PM

2. Iron Whiplash maybe?

X-wing?

Wasted interview. All the questions are of products/lines which are already a given. Why can't they ask more hardhitting questions about things in development hell :slap

So they mention smaller vehicles. Can we expect the next trooper to be a Scout, and a Scout Bike? We got Sandtrooper/Dewback, Snowtrooper/e-web, it would only make sence!
Landspeeder, Scout Bike, What else?

Nope, Sideshow are doing a landspeeder and have done a sniwtrooper/E-Web already.

It probably means a 1/12th scale vehicle like that bat thing

Dracula
03-12-2013, 02:57 PM

No?

Then good day sir!

I hope so. If they are planning on releasing one SW figure per year they must at least have a prototype finished to show us soon.. Considering the 8 months + that it takes for them to release a figure after pre-orders are up...

Lejuan
03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Wasted interview. All the questions are of products/lines which are already a given. Why can't they ask more hardhitting questions about things in development hell :slap

I'm struggling to think of a single interview where any hard hitting questions were put to and answered by Howard/Hot Toys...

mrjasontodd
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Getting this.

Off topic, what's the average year of birth for the PT haters? I know individually they run the gambit but I wonder what decade has the highest concentration.

Darkseed
03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
15 Iron man suits :thud:

I'd own Ep III Anakin, it was the best look IMO. I wouldn't want burnt parts but I would want both Jedi / Sith head sculpts. Re-creating the march to the jedi temple would be killer :yess:

Rorywan
03-12-2013, 03:10 PM
This isn't new news really, it was published last year in Milk or one of those magazines. Good to hear it being reconfirmed though, I want ANY Star Wars character that HT does, of course I have my favourites which I wish they would do first. Jesus id even be excited for Jar Jar! But I'm pretty excited for an Episode 3 Anakin. Could look amazing on display, leathers and cloak will be great.

Dracula
03-12-2013, 03:13 PM
This isn't new news really, it was published last year in Milk or one of those magazines. Good to hear it being reconfirmed though, I want ANY Star Wars character that HT does, of course I have my favourites which I wish they would do first. Jesus id even be excited for Jar Jar! But I'm pretty excited for an Episode 3 Anakin. Could look amazing on display, leathers and cloak will be great.

Did they confirm it was Anakin from Ep3? I thought they said they were planning on either doing Anakin or Obi-Wan and that they hadn't decided which and from which movie.

Jayrod88
03-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Getting this.

Off topic, what's the average year of birth for the PT haters? I know individually they run the gambit but I wonder what decade has the highest concentration.

I was born in 1988, I saw Episode 1 in theaters at the age of 11 and I hated it. I saw the OT special editions in theaters in 95 or 96 an hated them too.
Although the PT sucked, I did like some characters. TC-14 was a nice touch. I loved Darth Maul, even though he died too soon. Ok, thats all I liked.

Tee-Kay
Getting this.

Don't think you can use this criteria to classify PT haters. I was born in the mid 70s and appreciate the PT... almost as much as i do with the OT .

Wor-Gar
Wow -- never seen Pix jump the gun before like this. Nor did I know he was such an Anakin/Hayden fan.

:dunno

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Wow -- never seen Pix jump the gun before like this. Nor did I know he was such an Anakin/Hayden fan.

:dunno

No gun jumping here. I figured it would be interesting to hear what people wanted/expected out of this release before we knew too much.

Per the Anakin/Hayden remark, you forget I had this made:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/AS1.jpg

Dracula
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Don't think you can use this criteria to classify PT haters. I was born in the mid 70s and appreciate the PT... almost as much as i do with the OT .

Was going to say the same, age is irrelevant. I read some pretty interesting articles about why people hate the prequel trilogy. I think it's mostly up to personal preference..

Darkseed
03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
I was 10 when Star Wars hit theaters in '77 and I am indifferent regarding the prequels. I love OT but I admit PT had "moments" and "characters" which I enjoyed. I was a fan of Clone Wars cartoon so I can't say I hate PT but much rather have characters from OT.

swsqueakquels
03-12-2013, 03:54 PM

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Anakin's a pretty surprising choice for HT to follow up ESB Luke with. Imagine the frenzy if they had announced a ROTJ Luke, ESB Han or ROTJ Fett as their release for next year.

And so how many HT SW figs will we have in the ten years from the Luke Bespin announcement? Like five total? Really thought that announcement was the beginning of a new era in SW collecting and the flood gates would open, but it's just been a trickle.

Are you at all familiar with HT's release MO as it applies to every license they own outside of Batman and Ironman? :lol

OSCORP
03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkseed
03-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Anakin's a pretty surprising choice for HT to follow up ESB Luke with. Imagine the frenzy if they had announced a ROTJ Luke, ESB Han or ROTJ Fett as their release for next year.

And so how many HT SW figs will we have in the ten years from the Luke Bespin announcement? Like five total? Really thought that announcement was the beginning of a new era in SW collecting and the flood gates would open, but it's just been a trickle.

Watchmen they did father / daughter therefore, father / son isn't really too surprising.... HT has a thing for family .....

pixletwin
03-12-2013, 03:59 PM
PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You say that now.... :lol

OSCORP
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
You say that now.... :lol

Nope. I'm sure it'll be awesome but no prequels for me.

abake
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Hot Toys Facebook community.

2. Iron Whiplash maybe?

X-wing?

Thanks guys!

Raymond F.
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
It's happy news all around for me (aside from the news rest there will only be one a year. Seriously.)

After the greatness that is the UU ham solo I've got Bespin and ROTJ ham covered in one fell swoop so my Han itch has been scratched until 2015 when ill gladly take an ANH Han to round things out,

Anakin from EP3 is what I'd want though there's not much in the way of prequels I'd want, Anakin Obi Wan and Padme is more or less it so in happy she is coming in 15

Darkseed
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Ep I: Darth Maul
Ep II: Count Dooku, General Grevious
Ep III: Anakin / Obi

A pass for anyone else......I'd buy about anything from OT

meth head
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
ANH Solo in 2014 :yess::yess::yess:

Wor-Gar
03-12-2013, 04:06 PM
This just in from HT:

6. Is this good information?
Everything we say is lie. You funny people.

Rorywan
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Did they confirm it was Anakin from Ep3? I thought they said they were planning on either doing Anakin or Obi-Wan and that they hadn't decided which and from which movie.

Yeah, I believe they did. Episode III Anakin Skywalker, this is the first we have heard about solo though. That one will be interesting,.

mrjasontodd
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know the story behind these pics? I found them in the same forum that had the q&a posted. I guess the Snowspeeder and Jedi Luke are customs, but that's kind of odd considering the table full of legit releases.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/thpstrike1/98255595-16C0-46BD-A733-62225049DDD9-724-0000005AEA446209.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/thpstrike1/1B5B9A5E-0667-4D25-B65D-89460C575C99-724-0000005AF22E46FF.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/thpstrike1/ADF257CC-AF32-4CB7-B255-83980B9F26FE-724-0000005AF722ACB5.jpg

Dracula
03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I believe they did. Episode III Anakin Skywalker, this is the first we have heard about solo though. That one will be interesting,.

Ah, I must've missed that. And all this time I was hoping and wishing for them to make Anakin EP3 next and it was already decided long time ago. :slap

Very excited for Solo, wondering if they'll ever get the chance to make Chewie though.

Kuzeh
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM

No?

Then good day sir!

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15400000/Cat-gif-cats-15443758-242-183.gif

This just in from HT:

:lol:lol:lol

swsqueakquels
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM

Darth Mangler
03-12-2013, 04:38 PM
Glad this is coming. I can't stand looking at my SSC Anakin. That lipstick on his lips is awful. This will be a welcome replacement for Sideshows. Just give us Episode 3 Obi.

Smudger9
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
I have an OT only rule, but I suspect this HT Anakin and the probable Chogokin Greivous will test that rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CriterionCollector
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
This just in from HT:

They also made pee-pee in our coke.

OSCORP
03-12-2013, 05:27 PM
I have an OT only rule, but I suspect this HT Anakin and the probable Chogokin Greivous will test that rule.

Same but only PT character i would buy is HT Maul. (Anakin from the PT is not Darth Vader in my world)

meth head
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
They gotta do Chewy if they are doing ANH Solo surely :dunno

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y469/Noah101106/star-wars-chewbacca-harrison-ford_zps48075855.jpg

Lejuan
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM

I see what you did there...

SixthScaleEdward
03-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Glad this is coming. I can't stand looking at my SSC Anakin. That lipstick on his lips is awful. This will be a welcome replacement for Sideshows. Just give us Episode 3 Obi.

:goodpost: This is one of the reasons why I'm glad they're taking EP3 Ani next. :D

HeubertMichael
03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
I wonder how much this would cost. But if it looks really good, I might give in.

It's Padme I'm wishing would be made into an excellent figure, and I hope it happens in 2015. A great headsculpt with sculpted hair of Natalie Portman as Padme wearing a battle-damaged Geonosis costume would be a winner.

swsqueakquels
03-12-2013, 05:48 PM

RavenEye
03-12-2013, 06:05 PM
HT Anakin Ep3??? :panic: Time to sell me Ani SSC parts and wait...

jedibear
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
So has there been some new "official" word or something? Or just folks in here day dreaming again?

Deak Starkiller
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM

Eh, I'm fine with Anakin but I'd prefer Han. But really who wouldn't.

joda76
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
So has there been some new "official" word or something? Or just folks in here day dreaming again?

From an interview with the owner of HT. I will buy an Anakin Ep III, I'm sure it will come out nice.

jedibear
03-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Well, I'd like to see that....Anakin is one character that will benefit from HT's kind of "dour" expression they tend to give their head sculpts...and the PERS feature could look good with him too...

Darkarn009
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Is there a reason why HT is only doing 1 Star Wars figure a year? Is that the deal they have with Sideshow?
Making every single iron man variant seems to be their top priority...don't they get sick of making the same thing.

On a bright side BRING ON ANAKIN!!! It's not much but its at least some scrap of confirmation that the line is being worked on.

Khonsu70
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM

Why surprising? The main character from the OT and the main character from the PT in their most iconic looks - there's a nice aesthetic sensibility to that. Also, there should be no surprise about the few SW releases, Howard specifically stated at the outset that the HT SW line would have one release per year "to get it right". Any other thoughts on the matter were fanboy daydreams.

That being said, I'm excited for this release! I'm not always a fan of PERS (looks good about 50-60% of the time), but I imagine Sith-eyes PERS would look insanely good. I think this release will be a winner.

I'm a little surpirsed by the choice of ANH Han over ESB Han, would have thought the ESB look would have had more options for the DX treatment. Love 'em both though, I'd be in for either look.

Hope they do Padme in 2015. This will likely be the last HT foray into the PT realm before the sequel trilogy kicks in and all hell breaks loose. I'd really like to see what HT could do with Padme.

Darkarn009
03-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm a little surpirsed by the choice of ANH Han over ESB Han, would have thought the ESB look would have had more options for the DX treatment. Love 'em both though, I'd be in for either look.

Hope they do Padme in 2015. This will likely be the last HT foray into the PT realm before the sequel trilogy kicks in and all hell breaks loose. I'd really like to see what HT could do with Padme.

I think HT is focusing on main characters and the movie their character was most iconic in.

It know its hard to split hairs but i think ANH Han was just that little more iconic than he was in ESB. That's what i think anyway.

Padme will be an interesting one, i think the geonosis attire is quite memorable but so are a lot of the episode 1 outfits...hmm

Matt S
03-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I am very happy with an ANH Han myself.....followed by Bespin Han

Bo Shrek
03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
From an interview with the owner of HT. I will buy an Anakin Ep III, I'm sure it will come out nice.

An interview with the owner who said we would see images of Batman Returns in Dec. 2012....I think I will continue to watch what's on T.V.

Gipetto0812
03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm thinking as far as what it will come with, clean Jedi clothes with calm/relaxed sculpt, then slightly burnt Jedi clothes with Sith sculpt similar to ESB Luke (one clean look, one bd look).

Well, I'd like to see that....Anakin is one character that will benefit from HT's kind of "dour" expression they tend to give their head sculpts...and the PERS feature could look good with him too...

Here are the Star Wars related q&a:

Hot Toys' Howard Chan has said in an interview plans for the next Star Wars figures:

Howard : 2013 Anakin from Episode 3; 2014 Han Solo from Episode 4; the initial plan to release Padme in 2015 still in consideration.

5. Any plan to make 1/6 Star Wars vehicle?
X-wing?
Howard : Vehicles in Star Wars too big to be produced in 1/6 scale, will be developing in smaller scale.

reuters
03-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Everything will change when the pictures are released..

Niltusk
03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
I know this news is no surprise as they have been saying Anakin for awhile now, but this seems so meh. I really wish they would have stayed on OT characters. Hot Toys Chewie would just be off the freaking hook. I guess since they just whored out 3PO, wishing for a Hot Toys droid 2 pack was wishing for too much as well. :monkey2

Red Metal
03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm very doubtful of one figure per year. Sure we might get the PO for this figure, but no way is it coming out before the end of the year. HT has been bumping back the Avengers figure by as much as six months and that's a license they are being aggresive with. Even if they POed it today with a release of August, it'll still be pushed back too far to be considered this year.

Star Wars, though great, has to be low on HT's list.

moose
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Well I don't understand one thing then what does the those by the fans votes mean then I though Chewbacca had won that vote as the next star wars figure and now this announcement just blow that away and state it will be Anakin

rageous
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Im all in if i see 4 words:
Switch out burn head

Niltusk
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Well I don't understand one thing then what does the those by the fans votes mean then I though Chewbacca had won that vote as the next star wars figure and now this announcement just blow that away and state it will be Anakin

:goodpost::exactly:

SixthScaleEdward
03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Im all in if i see 4 words:
Switch out burn head

Yeah! You could easily place that head on a burnt TTM with black pieces of cloth. :D

Stanlore
03-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Why surprising? The main character from the OT and the main character from the PT in their most iconic looks - there's a nice aesthetic sensibility to that.

George: Again.... It's like Poetry... it's so that they Rhyme ~

http://www.eyeofharmony.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/vlcsnap-2010-07-22-19h35m40s19.png

bigpig
03-13-2013, 12:59 AM
so it really is one figure a year :/

Mogli
03-13-2013, 01:01 AM
My heart sank a bit when I read this lol. I really wanted Han this year, but what can you do. And I'm sad to hear its only one a year. Have to wait until who knows when next year to see Han, and I wouldn't mind a Padme, but waiting until 2015 for a character not even from the original trilogy...I wish they at least released her and Anakin in the same year. A strategy to keep up interest in the line, I suppose. Not hating on HT, it's just seems so weird to me.

Anyway, I can't help but look forward to how this will look, if it's a two figure set similar to some of the ideas I see here, I'll probably get it. Sorry to rant.

EVILFACE
03-13-2013, 01:03 AM
Bring him on!

sithlord13
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM
One a year ? Bogus. So even if Jedi Luke was after padme that's 2016? Actually out in 2018? Jeez. I know what to ask for for my retirement gift!!

And If the new trilogy has interesting people ht will jump to them so no chewbacca. Not in my lifetime.

TotalDominAsian
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
As much as Jedi Luke would be my favorite iteration for my detolfs... I really hope Leia is after Han. That said... I was dreading having to wait until 2014 for Han Solo. Then I realized it's already 2013 hahaha. Time sure flies in this hobby.

DCFett
03-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Yeah but this is gonna get derailed for the new trilogy like the CW for sure. Kinda bites. Was hoping HT would start gaining some momentum with the undeserved OT. Frag!

Lejuan
03-13-2013, 02:49 AM
undeserved OT?

TotalDominAsian
03-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Hahahahahaha. I believe he meant to type "underserved"

TheFiend
03-13-2013, 03:28 AM
One a year. Ugh. Have to wait till next year for Han.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

sithlord13
03-13-2013, 04:05 AM
One a year. Ugh. Have to wait till next year for Han.

To order Han. In hand.......

Tee-Kay
03-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Bespin Luke, announced SDCC 2011, released october 2012. If we do get a glimpse to Anakin's prototype at this year's SDCC, it does look more like a figure every other year.

TheFiend
03-13-2013, 07:47 AM
To order Han. In hand.......

:lol Precisely.

I have no interest in PT but I don't have a problem with HT doing them either. Every other figure is fine by me it's the every other year thing that's a killer. It would be great it they did 2 a year,one OT,one PT.

Bo Shrek
03-13-2013, 08:20 AM
I think "Hayden Christensen" has a face that will translate well to a HT's sculpt. If HT's sculpts it right they can capture a lot of emotion and suffering!!

ANH Han would be great but there is not much there for a $220+ product.
He is in single layer, basic tailoring. I think it would have to be a diorama to sell him.

ESB well you could add Hoth, Carbonite, to make it $220+ easy

Balboa
03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Just I was ready to pull the trigger on Medicom's Anakin...
Now I'll have to wait to get this HT.
One Star Wars figure per year from HT ?!
Maybe my grandchildren will be able to complete the millenium falcon crew from ANH. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Bo Shrek
03-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Maybe my grandchildren will be able to complete the millenium falcon crew from ANH. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Nice!!! But possibly true

a-dev
03-13-2013, 08:50 AM
.....so I guess this rules out the Ice Cream Maker guy, huh?

steveo
03-13-2013, 09:00 AM
no matter how awesome this figure turns out, it will be an easy pass since it's PT. My wallet thanks me.

thedarkknight
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm glad they are doing Anakin next. It will give me more time to put the money together for Han.

Smudger9
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm glad they are doing Anakin next. It will give me more time to put the money together for Han.

+1

2014 is already looking expensive. HT Han, Chokogin R2 and hopefully a decent SS Vader.

SixthScaleEdward
03-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Speaking of which, what happened to SSC's Vader??
I thought it's going up for PO early 2013 @_@

Mad Old Lu
03-13-2013, 12:01 PM

+1

2014 is already looking expensive. HT Han, Chokogin R2 and hopefully a decent SS Vader.

+2

That said, I'm excited to see how Anakin turns out.

cokebabies
03-13-2013, 12:09 PM

And a big red X with buzzer sound.

http://i.imgur.com/YZtnajf.jpg

Dracula
03-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Just I was ready to pull the trigger on Medicom's Anakin...
Now I'll have to wait to get this HT.
One Star Wars figure per year from HT ?!

More like one figure per two years. :slap

VintijDroidGutzz
03-13-2013, 01:14 PM
And a big red X with buzzer sound.

http://i.imgur.com/YZtnajf.jpg
No way dude - that was damn funny. How dare you play down my incredible wit. :lol :wink1:

Anyway - don't shoot the messenger, blame Ani - he's the creepy one. :lecture

Mogli
03-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I thought it's going up for PO early 2013 @_@I've been waiting for it, I don't have a 1/6 Vader. :( At this rate, he'll be available when we start seeing pics of HT Han Solo. :thud:

cokebabies
03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
No way dude - that was damn funny. How dare you play down my incredible wit. :lol :wink1:

Anyway - don't shoot the messenger, blame Ani - he's the creepy one. :lecture

(I was agreeing with you!)

Haven't you seen the Plinkett review of AOTC?

Niltusk
03-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Is it just a rumor or is there truth to Hot Toys trying to get the asian license from Medi?

automaton
03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
More like one figure per two years. :slap

one figure a year... which year is anyone's guess.

Red Metal
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I thought it's going up for PO early 2013 @_@

I think people were confusing the 1/6 Vader with the Mythos Vader that just went up.

SixthScaleEdward
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
I think people were confusing the 1/6 Vader with the Mythos Vader that just went up.

Oh, right. :(

~~~
For this figure, I'm most concerned about the price.
Part of the charm of HT Luke was its good pricing.

HT has been increasing prices lately. :monkey4

kl241
03-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Episode IV Han? How do make a DX of him? What's he gonna come with, a pair of gloves and a medal?

They really should do Episode V as a DX. Bespin/Carbonite block and/or Hoth. So many possibilities there.

nexus
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago. That piece was absolutely amazing at the time. I managed to locate one at one point but the guy wanted something like $2,500 for it. I'd also pick up an extra head to see if I could get someone to do "real" hair.
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2230/customanakin4.jpg

As for Han, I'm hoping for a Bespin and Hoth. He can be bashed with other costumes. What is it with this one SW figure a year crap!? For crying out loud, if they can do umpteen zillion Batman and Iron Man figs, they can do 3 SW a year. Original Trilogy trio (Luke, Leia, Han). Prequel trilogy trio (Anakin, Obiwan, Padme). Other major humans (Lando, Mace, Qui-Gon). SS can do all the other characters, aliens and droids.

FlyAndFight
03-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Good point, kl241. Empire Han would have provided so many possibilities.

I said it before, but ANH Han will probably include the Falcon's turret seat with headset as the extra display piece.

FlyAndFight
03-13-2013, 07:24 PM
I forgot to mention: Anakin fig is a pass.

;)

MarfMaster
03-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I for one am stoked its ANH Han, the most iconic version in my eyes. As for DX material, storm trooper body. :pray:

And yeah anakin is a mega pass.

kl241
03-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Stormtrooper armor would feel like a ripoff when we already have the Sideshow stormie.

Darkseed
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
That Anakin pic is bad a$$.....

In terms of Solo, Smuggler version could have a piece of the Falcon (cockpit, landing ramp or turret w headset) if plentiful accessories like Luke

a-dev
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
HT has been increasing prices lately. :monkey4

Only lately?

SixthScaleEdward
03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Only lately?

Well if you adjust for inflation, yes only lately. :monkey3

Seriously though, for my area, HT has recently spiked in prices.
I got Avengers Cap for $182, and now I'm paying $192 for Snake Eyes. :(

Jaycepticon
03-13-2013, 08:03 PM
This is great news for me. I've regretted selling off my old Anakin PF and if it's anything like DX Luke, this will be a must-have for me.

And I don't even have DX Luke,lol

Dracula
03-13-2013, 08:13 PM
I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago.

I hope so too, that custom piece looks awesome. :rock

I forgot to mention: Anakin fig is a pass.

;)

Oh you forgot to mention it? Thank you for remembering, now we know! Yeah, I'm also going to walk into threads about a figure I'm obviously going to pass on and let everyone there know it. Trolololol. :slap

DarthTrafford
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
[quote=nexus;5422815]I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago. That piece was absolutely amazing at the time. I managed to locate one at one point but the guy wanted something like $2,500 for it. I'd also pick up an extra head to see if I could get someone to do "real" hair.

If they do it the same way they did Luke, with 2 figures and the cost of $299.99,it BETTER be 100 times better than this figure in this pic!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Boba Ben
03-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I'll most likely be skipping the Hot Toys Mannequin Skywalker. Perhaps if he really wows me and it's a slow time for releases that I want.

karamazov80
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM

Reminds me of 1990s-era Michael Jackson.

nexus
03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
I think the Vancei piece is amazing. But these days HT should be able to surpass. It also has the light-up saber. Wasn't somebody doing those recently? I'd also hope that Han comes out a far cry better than HT Indiana Jones.

Deak Starkiller
03-13-2013, 08:40 PM
That figure looks terrible IMO, I'm sure HT can do better than that.

MarfMaster
03-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Stormtrooper armor would feel like a ripoff when we already have the Sideshow stormie.

Well pretty much anything hot toys does aside from set pieces like the falcon cockpit could be called a ripoff, considering SSC has covered SW pretty comprehensively over the last several years. ANH Han is a ripoff in itself.

DarthTrafford
03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=nexus;5422815]I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago. That piece was absolutely amazing at the time. I managed to locate one at one point but the guy wanted something like $2,500 for it. I'd also pick up an extra head to see if I could get someone to do "real" hair.

This thing looks like it should be dancing around naked,with his lightsaber tucked between his legs, listening to
"Goodbye Horses" by Q Lazzarus

Dracula
03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I think the Vancei piece is amazing. But these days HT should be able to surpass. It also has the light-up saber. Wasn't somebody doing those recently? I'd also hope that Han comes out a far cry better than HT Indiana Jones.

You think they would, but looking at my DX Bespin Luke figures... I don't know what to expect from them on the SW front. I'm not saying the likeness is terrible or that I don't like the Luke figures, but Hot Toys can and have done better likeness on other figures.

Since Luke is such an iconic character, to me, being my favorite from the SW Saga, I was kinda disappointed by their poor attempt at Mark Hamill's likeness.. especially considering that SSC would never be able to nail the likeness and that HT only can do, as they've said, one figure per year (much more likely 2 years). Which means that another high-end Luke figure is not going to be released in the near future.

Everyone I've showed them to have pretty much told me they don't see the likeness, which I try to tell myself isn't true just to make myself feel better. My girlfriend laughed at it when I showed her the proto pics.. and she gave me this funny look when she noticed that I bought it anyway. :lol

I think their effort on it is up there with the DX05, not terrible but not that great either. Will be interesting to see what they can achieve with the Anakin figure.. I'm sure the clothing, accessories and whatever base he will come with will look incredible.. but the likeness.. I don't know with Hot Toys anymore.. :lol

SixthScaleEdward
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Well said. Main reason I never got DX Luke.

It's really rare for someone who bought the figure to admit its faults. :clap

kl241
03-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Well pretty much anything hot toys does aside from set pieces like the falcon cockpit could be called a ripoff, considering SSC has covered SW pretty comprehensively over the last several years. ANH Han is a ripoff in itself.

Yeah but their Han NEEDED to be updated. The Stormie armor, which was developed WITH Hot Toys, doesn't require any substantial improvements.

Gipetto0812
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
I hope it looks as good, or better than the one Vancei did years ago. That piece was absolutely amazing at the time. I managed to locate one at one point but the guy wanted something like $2,500 for it. I'd also pick up an extra head to see if I could get someone to do "real" hair.

The only good thing about that custom was the sculpt (minus the hair), the outter dark brown Jedi tunic, the real (p)leather boots, and the light saber. Over all it's a nice piece but not something that I hope Ht strives to be like, except for maybe the sculpt.

I'd imagine ANH Han would be like the DX10 was for some. Some felt it wasn't a worthy release and didn't come with enough to warrant it being a DX but it ended up being a well received figure. In the end it was abou the same price as Avengers Cape. If imagine if ANH Han is the version choice that it will be priced lower than what DX Luke was

MarfMaster
03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Yeah but their Han NEEDED to be updated. The Stormie armor, which was developed WITH Hot Toys, doesn't require any substantial improvements.

I suppose, but I had to swap my SSC Stormie to a TT Slim and do quite a few mods to the armor to get it to a point where I was happy with it. Anyhow, the idea of a HT Han (not involving Arnie Kim) is exciting!

jimmie_dimmick
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
I suppose, but I had to swap my SSC Stormie to a TT Slim and do quite a few mods to the armor to get it to a point where I was happy with it. Anyhow, the idea of a HT Han (not involving Arnie Kim) is exciting!

In two years with inevitable delays...(sigh)

Deak Starkiller
03-14-2013, 10:29 AM

Do you have pics of your trooper Dane?

MarfMaster
03-14-2013, 11:11 AM
In two years with inevitable delays...(sigh)

Yeah...:(

Do you have pics of your trooper Dane?

I haven't actually sat down and shot pictures of just my trooper, but here's a couple with my old Vader and the Emperor. :) The camera has a hard time picking it up, but his armor is glossed.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/marfmaster/_MG_6158.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/marfmaster/_MG_2744.jpg

ZaCHw117
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Wait... this is happening?

Like... fo sho?

onethousandmasks
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Episode IV Han? How do make a DX of him? What's he gonna come with, a pair of gloves and a medal?

They really should do Episode V as a DX. Bespin/Carbonite block and/or Hoth. So many possibilities there.

Doesn't the DX just mean that it has PERS eyes?

Deak Starkiller
03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah...:(

I haven't actually sat down and shot pictures of just my trooper, but here's a couple with my old Vader and the Emperor. :) The camera has a hard time picking it up, but his armor is glossed.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/marfmaster/_MG_6158.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w67/marfmaster/_MG_2744.jpg

Nice dolls Dane, I think I need to upgrade my two Stormtroopers.

karamazov80
03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Wait... this is happening?

Like... fo sho?
Howard posted this on Facebook supposedly. If it was really him, and if he said it was this year, then I would think that it is going to happen. But Hot Toys news has been fabricated in the past. And Howard has said things that have not come to pass in legit interviews (sculpted hair on Black Widow, promising extra Platoon characters, etc.). So I am not treating it as gospel truth.

lerath666
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Wait... Hayden Christensen's character actually becomes Darth Vader like from "Star Wars"? Fell asleep during the second hour of the lava lightsaber battle.

:rotfl 1/6 Chewy will see release in 2027. It will retail for $799.

Don't lie. he states it plainly in the interview that Chewie will be Hot toys First "build-a-figure". and they will release one piece of hime with each star wars release, as the exclusive pack in, starting with han.

As is stated in each of the threads EVERYTIME someone makes a thread about those Hot toys fan's polls, those polls are strickly "just for fun" and have NO effect whatsoever on what HT produces.

.....so I guess this rules out the Ice Cream Maker guy, huh?

For now. gotta wait till sideshow makes him first :lol

Is it just a rumor or is there truth to Hot Toys trying to get the asian license from Medi?

It's mostly a rumor, but it's a rumor I'd believe. That would be the liscense that is avalible to Hot Toys, and it would allow them to make whatever they wanted, unrestricted.
So, i'd say it's a safe bet they want it.

one figure a year... which year is anyone's guess.

TRUTH:exactly:

Doesn't the DX just mean that it has PERS eyes?

more or less, and DX's TEND to have dio bases, and a higher accessory count.

ZaCHw117
03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Howard posted this on Facebook supposedly. If it was really him, and if he said it was this year, then I would think that it is going to happen. But Hot Toys news has been fabricated in the past. And Howard has said things that have not come to pass in legit interviews (sculpted hair on Black Widow, promising extra Platoon characters, etc.). So I am not treating it as gospel truth.

Right on. I don't know if I would pic it up (If it was Han or Vader I would for sure) but the concept sounds pretty cool.

He has to at least come with an extra sculpt.

MarfMaster
03-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Nice dolls Dane, I think I need to upgrade my two Stormtroopers.

Thanks. :lol A TT slim, some velcro, hot water, and a $5 bottle of Pledge Future does wonders for them.

RavenEye
03-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Just a question... if everyone prefers Hot Toys lately... There going name change to the site? :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Well said. Main reason I never got DX Luke.

It's really rare for someone who bought the figure to admit its faults. :clap
I (as many others I'm sure) LOVE the HT Bespin Luke - a grail of mine from way back.

However - I for one, do agree regarding it's likeness - certainly not 100%, which is a bit disappointing, but it's still a good one. :)

FlyAndFight
03-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Oh you forgot to mention it? Thank you for remembering, now we know! Yeah, I'm also going to walk into threads about a figure I'm obviously going to pass on and let everyone there know it. Trolololol. :slap

:lol At the time of my initial post, the thread was several posts into discussing the Han Solo figure and my initial post was regarding just that. I then brought the conversation back to the Anakin figure. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. Try not to be so sensitive. :peace

Dracula
03-14-2013, 03:17 PM
:lol At the time of my initial post, the thread was several posts into discussing the Han Solo figure and my initial post was regarding just that. I then brought the conversation back to the Anakin figure. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. Try not to be so sensitive. :peace

I've been so traumatized by what you said since I'm sensitive, I don't know if I can ever accept your apology. :slap :lol

Niltusk
03-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Dracula is not the brightest bulb on the tree, if you're making him cry its nothing new, but does mean you're doing something right. :lol

Deak Starkiller
03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks. :lol A TT slim, some velcro, hot water, and a $5 bottle of Pledge Future does wonders for them.

What was the Velcro thing again?

kl241
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
For the sides of the chest armor to make it tighter against the body

Darkarn009
06-02-2013, 07:24 AM
five and a half weeks to go???:mexwave

*Edit* Make that six and a half...

EVILFACE
06-02-2013, 07:25 AM
k...................

SixthScaleEdward
06-02-2013, 09:20 AM
before? :monkey3

Dracula
06-02-2013, 09:29 AM

Que?

Btw, I like your sig. Less IM, more SW! :pray:

Darkarn009
06-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Untill SDCC :) just trying to be alittle optimistic

joda76
06-02-2013, 09:37 AM
It would be nice to have the PO around then.

RavenEye
06-02-2013, 11:37 AM
It would be nice to have the PO around then.

:thud: I'd be broke...

joda76
06-02-2013, 12:48 PM
:thud: I'd be broke...

I am guessing $399 if packaged like the Luke figure.

RyanSD
06-02-2013, 01:54 PM
58 and 1/2 weeks to go until Hot Toys (hopefully) shows the next Star Wars figure that matters.

generalgrevious
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM
what`s the best body to use for Anakin I would like to up grade mine

Niltusk
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
58 and 1/2 weeks to go until Hot Toys (hopefully) shows the next Star Wars figure that matters.

:exactly:

Hate to be negative(and hopefully Anakin is a great figure and will change my mind), but it seems like this is just a speedbump offering making us wait longer for Solo. :(

We have a HT Luke, I wish HT would just go down the line...Han, Leia, Chewie, Old Ben... then they can do whatever they want PT. The only PT I'm interested in is stuff we haven't seen (ie.Grievous).

Darkarn009
06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
I actually think its alot better and balanced they are alternating between both trilogies for those who are interested in both, at least you KNOW which trilogy the next release is coming from.
Problem is its moving at the speed of watching paint dry...

Moonloop
06-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Hoping this gets shown soon with a PO! Very eager to see this figure!

Boba Ben
06-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I wonder if he'll talk like the new Robocop. "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!". Yeah.

MidnightClad
06-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Hate to be negative(and hopefully Anakin is a great figure and will change my mind), but it seems like this is just a speedbump offering making us wait longer for Solo. :(

We have a HT Luke, I wish HT would just go down the line...Han, Leia, Chewie, Old Ben... then they can do whatever they want PT. The only PT I'm interested in is stuff we haven't seen (ie.Grievous).

If they did do that everyone would buy there figures like hot cakes then as soon as they hit PT there would be thousands of worthless figures laying around they cant sell. It all comes down to milking the line as far as they can.

OSCORP
06-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Unless there's a Shaw in there it's a pass for me.

Niltusk
06-02-2013, 07:26 PM
If they did do that everyone would buy there figures like hot cakes then as soon as they hit PT there would be thousands of worthless figures laying around they cant sell. It all comes down to milking the line as far as they can.

Its HotToys, someones going to buy them.

Darkarn009
06-02-2013, 07:59 PM

The pt might not be as popular as the ot but I think thats a fairly over exaggerated assumption.
Im pretty sure there is alot of people actually looking forward to this release.

Khev
06-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I wonder if he'll talk like the new Robocop. "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!". Yeah.

"No its because I'm so in love with YOU."

SixthScaleEdward
06-02-2013, 09:30 PM
All I need is "I HATE YOU!" then I'll be contented. :monkey3

RyanSD
06-02-2013, 10:50 PM
I think its more of the wait between figures that causes the annoyance. If they came out with 2 figures a year, one OT and one PT, I don't think I'd mind as much. But seeing as how by the time Anakin is released, it'll be closer to 2 years between figures, the fact that the second release is Anakin is a wasted opportunity, IMO.

I don't hate the PT, but seeing as how we're only getting 2 figures a decade from HT, I really feel the characters chosen should be the actual 'classics.'

AGonzo7
06-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Luke was a perfect first, even though I would have preferred a different look.

I wanted Solo next, and I'd definitely be interested how HT would handle Chewie.

RIDDICK
06-03-2013, 01:03 AM

B4 your painfull death? One can only hope... :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
06-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I'd like to see Solo sooner than later too, but my budget's thanking the maker for the big gaps / delays regarding my want list currently. :lol

Dracula
06-03-2013, 06:46 AM
For me personally it doesn't matter so much if they release figures from the OT first or the PT. I like both trilogies just as much so I don't have any special favorite.

What matters is that they release one figure per year as they said they would. Which is not going to happen, unfortunately. I wished they would pump out SW figures as much as they did with Iron Man and Predators.

But I am excited that they are releasing Anakin (since the Sideshow version is unacceptable to me) next as that was one of my most wanted figures. I also like how their first two releases are the main characters from each trilogy, it makes sense to me. I can understand though that since they released Luke, people would want HT to release the other main characters from that movie/trilogy to go with the Luke figure.

Craig77
06-03-2013, 08:23 AM
The other possible delay in the classic figures being released is the upcoming release of Ep VII, you know they will be pumping those figures out come 2015 to capitalize!!!

joda76
06-03-2013, 09:15 AM
The other possible delay in the classic figures being released is the upcoming release of Ep VII, you know they will be pumping those figures out come 2015 to capitalize!!!

Yea it will be interesting how that goes with SS, HT and Medi/EB all doing 1/6th.

RyanSD
06-03-2013, 10:00 AM
How long is Sideshow's license good for? Once its up, they'll have to re-do everything with Disney I'm assuming. Does it carry through past 2015?

RavenEye
06-03-2013, 10:22 AM
How long is Sideshow's license good for? Once its up, they'll have to re-do everything with Disney I'm assuming. Does it carry through past 2015?

:horror Omg your right. We could see Disney say fk SSC and hello HT. :lol

Wah
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM

i think this would be an interesting tidbit of info to know, though i doubt anyone here would have the actual answer to that.

FLOSI
06-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Christ... HT has really dropped the ball on SW. One figure in a year and half?

joda76
06-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Was Luke first shown at SDCC 2011?

sithlord13
06-03-2013, 12:11 PM

Well i guess it would be cheaper than way. With a release every ? Years.

Seriously thou I think Ssc are doing well but I would love ht quality paint and sculpting. Hence excited for anakin And hopefully a good han to follow. In 2020. Lol

lerath666
06-03-2013, 12:20 PM

i think this would be an interesting tidbit of info to know, though i doubt anyone here would have the actual answer to that.

That's actualy a fantastic question, with an equaly intersting answer.

Sideshow dosn't have a lucasfilm liscense. Sideshow has a sub-let deal with Hasbro. However, as sideshow is working on a Lucasfilm property, they still deal with lucasfilm liscensing.

Here is the Breakdown.

Hasbro has EXCLUSIVE rights to make Star Wars Action figures.
So if anyone else wants to produce Star Wars toys, they have to get permission from Hasbro. After the lackluster sales of the series that was the Last hasbro attempt at 1/6th figures, tehy sub-let that to Sideshow. So Hasbro, and in Turn Lucasfilm gets a percentage of every Star Wars Action Figure that Sideshow makes.

Additionaly, Either Hasbro has sub-let the liscense to Takara/tomy for the asian market, OR Medicom. or takara/tomy has sub-sub let it to medicom. Nor certian which way that one went.

This is also why it was Hasbro that shot down the Ashley wood Premium 6 inch star wars line. Though, after they saw the potnetial market for them, tehy made their "black series" which is scheduled for a release this year.

Sideshow then, in turn, Allows Hot toys to make "DX" series versions of figures they have already made, Through a Sub-Sub-Let.

Considering that sideshow releases 4-6 figures a year...

And Hot toys Releases 1 figure every 2-3 years..

The sideshow deal is considerably more profitable for Hasbro than Hot toys would be. As such, I don't see that changing any time soon, if ever.

Was Luke first shown at SDCC 2011?

I THINK it was SDCC 2010. But I might be wrong, going to go check now.

lerath666
06-03-2013, 12:22 PM
FOund it. Hot toys announced in December of 2010, and first showed Luke in July of 2011...
and then released in Oct-Nov of 2012.

Mad Old Lu
06-03-2013, 12:26 PM
That's actualy a fantastic question, with an equaly intersting answer.

Sideshow dosn't have a lucasfilm liscense. Sideshow has a sub-let deal with Hasbro. However, as sideshow is working on a Lucasfilm property, they still deal with lucasfilm liscensing.

Here is the Breakdown.

Hasbro has EXCLUSIVE rights to make Star Wars Action figures.
So if anyone else wants to produce Star Wars toys, they have to get permission from Hasbro. After the lackluster sales of the series that was the Last hasbro attempt at 1/6th figures, tehy sub-let that to Sideshow. So Hasbro, and in Turn Lucasfilm gets a percentage of every Star Wars Action Figure that Sideshow makes.

Additionaly, Either Hasbro has sub-let the liscense to Takara/tomy for the asian market, OR Medicom. or takara/tomy has sub-sub let it to medicom. Nor certian which way that one went.

This is also why it was Hasbro that shot down the Ashley wood Premium 6 inch star wars line. Though, after they saw the potnetial market for them, tehy made their "black series" which is scheduled for a release this year.

Sideshow then, in turn, Allows Hot toys to make "DX" series versions of figures they have already made, Through a Sub-Sub-Let.

The sideshow deal is considerably more profitable for Hasbro than Hot toys would be. As such, I don't see that changing any time soon, if ever.

FOund it. Hot toys announced in December of 2010, and first showed Luke in July of 2011

:goodpost:

And holy cow, HT is slow!:slap

joda76
06-03-2013, 12:27 PM
FOund it. Hot toys announced in December of 2010, and first showed Luke in July of 2011
Released in Oct 2012 correct?
Thanks and wow let's get this moving a little quicker please.

lerath666
06-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Released in Oct 2012 correct?
Thanks and wow let's get this moving a little quicker please.

Yup, added it to my earlier post as you were asking :lol

As for moving faster, Don't count on it. unless it's Iron man or Batman, or a movie currently in theatres, Hot toys takes their time.... Not to mention Lucasfilm liscensing is ALSO notoriously slow appearently.

Niltusk
06-03-2013, 05:35 PM
If Hot Toys gets the license for Ep VII I bet they will frenzy all over the line like they do IronMan currently. Being at the end of the tit for milk on their current line is probably more of an exhibition to show Star Wars fans what they could be getting.

lerath666
06-03-2013, 06:03 PM
If Hot Toys gets the license for Ep VII I bet they will frenzy all over the line like they do IronMan currently. Being at the end of the tit for milk on their current line is probably more of an exhibition to show Star Wars fans what they could be getting.
I just don't see that happeneing, however. For the reasons I posted above.

Niltusk
06-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I just don't see that happeneing, however. For the reasons I posted above.

By using that flawed logic Hot Toys shouldn't be rolling out Joes from Retaliation. Its pretty much the exact same license holders and companies involved only with Disney in the mix who obviously have no issues with Hot Toys producing collectibles for them. Plus, Hot Toys has done Star Wars toys for nearly a decade, they already have a history with the product.

jedibear
06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Dang! I saw this thread on the top of the pile and thought "Wow! Really? A real announcement, maybe with a tease image for this figure at last?"

But no....just more speculating in the vacuum HT has created with this long wait between figures....

Well, SDCC isn't that far off at this point...somethin's gotta give here. If we don't see anything at SDCC this year, it's a good bet the ax has fallen on SW at HT....for whatever reason one wants to guess.

It's been extraordinarily long from the big "Hey, HT's doing Star Wars" to now...with one figure in the "line" ...a figure that can still be found at retail out there....c'mon HT, snap outta that carbonite block and give us somethin' already!

Gipetto0812
06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Dang! I saw this thread on the top of the pile and thought "Wow! Really? A real announcement, maybe with a tease image for this figure at last?"

:lol yep those were my initial thoughts as well

VintijDroidGutzz
06-03-2013, 08:31 PM
By using that flawed logic Hot Toys shouldn't be rolling out Joes from Retaliation. Its pretty much the exact same license holders and companies involved only with Disney in the mix who obviously have no issues with Hot Toys producing collectibles for them. Plus, Hot Toys has done Star Wars toys for nearly a decade, they already have a history with the product.
:exactly: Pretty much.

Craig77
06-04-2013, 07:58 AM

Yes, agreed that the current offering from hottoys are extremely slow. Yet this may have more to deal with restrictions placed on them. We know hottoys can pump out figures if need be, as they have done for the marvel lines.
I think there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle...some maybe moving towards hottoys getting their own agreement through hasbro.
Hottoys is now the official distributor of the hasbro starwars line in asia. This, I do not believe is coincidence , given Howard Chan's love of Star Wars.
I think we will see a specific liscence given to hottoys in the near future for at minimum the new trilogy. Given the current agreements are probably for the first 6 movies.
I could be wrong, but we are all aware of the demand in this market for hottoys to have an official star wars line...its money that will not be left on the table by Disney in my humble opnion.

lerath666
06-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Think of it this way, Hot toys is making movie joes, which is liscensed to them through Hasbro, but Hasbro OWNS that liscense. its theirs to do with as they like. While we know that hasbro has Exclusive Star Wars action figure rights, they don'w OWN the rights to star wars. There are likely SOME limitations on it. We DO know they have liscensed the 1/6th rights to Sideshow, who in turn offered Hot toys to do a DX series of their already released figures. but at the end of the day, we don't know how much freedom hasbro has with the liscense.

We DO know there is an american market sub-liscense liscense, and a asian market sub-liscense.
but beyond that, it goes deep into speculation teritory.

Yes, agreed that the current offering from hottoys are extremely slow. Yet this may have more to deal with restrictions placed on them. We know hottoys can pump out figures if need be, as they have done for the marvel lines.
I think there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle...some maybe moving towards hottoys getting their own agreement through hasbro.
Hottoys is now the official distributor of the hasbro starwars line in asia. This, I do not believe is coincidence , given Howard Chan's love of Star Wars.
I think we will see a specific liscence given to hottoys in the near future for at minimum the new trilogy. Given the current agreements are probably for the first 6 movies.
I could be wrong, but we are all aware of the demand in this market for hottoys to have an official star wars line...its money that will not be left on the table by Disney in my humble opnion.

I will say it is possible that the medicom liscense might get reassigned to Hot toys, especialy considering they do now have a working relationship with hasbro represented by this, and the joe movie line.

Gree090
06-08-2013, 01:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970306_536896109705717_1440805199_n.jpg

Nothing particular, only the standart business-as-usual approach.

Sachiel
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
More like waste-of-time.

Prime Clone
06-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Want HT to do more Lukes, but at this rate of release I'll be waiting eons.

Might as well get the SS heads repainted instead ...

pixletwin
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Prolly shouldn't expect anything until SDCC.

sithlord13
06-09-2013, 12:14 AM

2014?

Really looking forward to this one. Despite only really wanting a few pt figures as I want to concentrate on the ot.

VintijDroidGutzz
06-09-2013, 05:51 AM
2014?
Hope so.

They can give us ANH Han Solo in the meantime. :lol

Niltusk
06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Want HT to do more Lukes, but at this rate of release I'll be waiting eons.

Might as well get the SS heads repainted instead ...

Hope so.

They can give us ANH Han Solo in the meantime. :lol

:goodpost::hi5:

TheSensationalSean
06-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I was so excited when Hot Toys announced that they had the SW license, I wish they'd at least tease a few more figures! I'm interested to see Anakin, but I really want them to announce Maul.

CaptnRex
06-09-2013, 06:43 PM
The thread bump got me excited. Hopefully we see something there, it's Eons between releases.

Craig77
06-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Anything from the Tokyo Toy show ????

lerath666
06-24-2013, 08:49 AM
nope. It'll be sdcc at the earliest.

SixthScaleEdward
06-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Getting two 501st to flank this guy.
I was supposed to get 4 but the $140 price tag dampened my excitement.

Khev
06-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Getting two 501st to flank this guy.

Now that you mention it SSC did time the release of their 501st Deluxe Troopers nicely if ROTS Anakin does indeed get revealed next month.

RavenEye
06-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah all we need now is a blue pauldron for a Commander Appo.

Jaycepticon
07-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm in for a 501st and Phase II Rex for him. That's would be awesome.

TheFiend
07-05-2013, 05:34 AM
I wish they would have done Maul instead. He's begging for the DX treatment. Not the biggest fan of PERS but I think those Sith eyes will look crazy good.

He's the only PT character I would own.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Maul would make a great DX actually. :)

I'm hoping for HT to do at some stage:

Qui-Gon
TPM Theed battle Padme
Ben Kenobi
ANH Han
Endor Leia

:cool:

TheFiend
07-05-2013, 07:41 AM
My wants:

Excluding the fact that Sideshow did them or not

Bespin Han ( but were getting ANH so I don't see this happening any time soon if at all. Ill take the ANH though)
Yoda-One that actually looks like Yoda and needs no modding.
Bespin Leia
Darth Maul
Chewbacca!!
X-Wing Luke- This is another one they destroy on the outfit.
Old Ben- I already have a great Old Ben but I'd love to see what they do with him. I'd also really love to have a smiling portrait as a second sculpt.

Regardless of that fact that I don't like the PT I think this was a good choice for their first PT character and I think it will look great.

Rzeznikk
07-06-2013, 12:05 AM
My wants:

Bespin Han ( but were getting ANH so I don't see this happening any time soon if at all. Ill take the ANH though)
Bespin Leia
Darth Maul
Chewbacca!!
Old Ben- I already have a great Old Ben but I'd love to see what they do with him. I'd also really love to have a smiling portrait as a second sculpt.

Regardless of that fact that I don't like the PT I think this was a good choice for their first PT character and I think it will look great.

Yup, I have pretty much the same feelings as you. Though Im happy with my Medi Yoda and I dont really need another Luke. I do need Han, Chewie and Leia though. And Id take a HT Old Ben if they ever did him. Im staying as far away from the PT stuff as possible though. So PT HT Anakin is a pass for me regardless.

Chewie and Han are my biggest wants now.

sithlord13
07-06-2013, 02:14 AM
Strangely anakin is probably the only pt figure I really want ht to do. Although a padme would be too. - really for the quality of head sculpt but padawan kenobi was good.

Mad Old Lu
07-06-2013, 04:52 AM
My wants:

Bespin Leia
Darth Maul
Chewbacca!!

Pretty much my want list too, except for Yoda and Maul.

EarlHickey98
07-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Anakin is probably my top want, so I cannot wait for this!
Maybe a Hot Toys Han Solo?

TheFiend
07-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Yup, I have pretty much the same feelings as you. Though Im happy with my Medi Yoda and I dont really need another Luke. I do need Han, Chewie and Leia though. And Id take a HT Old Ben if they ever did him. Im staying as far away from the PT stuff as possible though. So PT HT Anakin is a pass for me regardless.

Chewie and Han are my biggest wants now.

I like the Medi Yoda and i think its the only one that looks like him but it needs a repaint to truly shine. Thats why i put "one that doesnt need modding."Ill pick him up eventually.

Niltusk
07-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Hot Toys needs to put Chewie on the docket, theyve done the apes, they've had their practice, but I guess with Anakin, then Solo, we'd still be waiting a looong time for him. Its really sad that such a core character to the license is just so long ignored.

TheFiend
07-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Hot Toys needs to put Chewie on the docket, theyve done the apes, they've had their practice, but I guess with Anakin, then Solo, we'd still be waiting a looong time for him. Its really sad that such a core character to the license is just so long ignored.

I don't think he's being ignored. I think Sideshow are trying to figure out a way to make him him with real hair and still look like Chewy. It's not going to be an easy task. I've seen some great customs and I respect all the work Ive seen put into them but I have yet to see one that truly looks like Chewy. The hair is either all puffy and sticks out like a fur ball or it actually does lay somewhat but it just doesn't look right. SSC is either trying to figure these problem out or they're so intimidated by the project that they keep putting it on the back burner saying " We'll get do it... one of these days."

Rzeznikk
07-07-2013, 12:08 AM
I don't think he's being ignored. I think Sideshow are trying to figure out a way to make him him with real hair and still look like Chewy. It's not going to be an easy task. I've seen some great customs and I respect all the work Ive seen put into them but I have yet to see one that truly looks like Chewy. The hair is either all puffy and sticks out like a fur ball or it actually does lay somewhat but it just doesn't look right. SSC is either trying to figure these problem out or they're so intimidated by the project that they keep putting it on the back burner saying " We'll get do it... one of these days."

Thats why they need to chalk it up and put their egos aside and just let Hot Toys do it.

VintijDroidGutzz
07-07-2013, 12:17 AM

In all honesty.. I'd be fine in the end with a nice detailed 1/6 statue of Chewie. No worries then about the fake fur not working out, because it can be sculpted exactly so.

I hope someone can do a great figure.. but I'm not confident really. :lol

Rzeznikk
07-07-2013, 12:38 AM

In all honesty.. I'd be fine in the end with a nice detailed 1/6 statue of Chewie. No worries then about the fake fur not working out, because it can be sculpted exactly so.

Im not really a statue guy so that doesnt work for me. :pfft:

VintijDroidGutzz
07-07-2013, 02:39 AM
Neither am I. :huh

It might be the best solution for the character though - at least for an aesthetically pleasing piece anyway.

Chewie could simply be one of those impossible dreams that's just unattainable. :monkey2

DCFett
07-07-2013, 03:04 AM
I believe Hot Toys could do it.
I dont believe SS is working on it...how long has it been????
Plus, with all the stuff SS has released, do you TRULY think it's the likeness that is holding them back? I mean, look at the earlier human figures like Praji, Farmboy Luke, Piett! Likeness NEVER held them back before...

TheFiend
07-07-2013, 07:44 AM

Neither am I. :huh

It might be the best solution for the character though - at least for an aesthetically pleasing piece anyway.

Chewie could simply be one of those impossible dreams that's just unattainable. :monkey2

I have to say I think Im with Vintij here. Im not into statues and a real fur Chewy would be awesome. But mass produced? I think it would be really hard to pull off.

Someone around here has a fantastic Chewy model they have diplayed among their SW collection and it looks flawless for some reason. I wish I remember who it was. I remember Lando posed beside or in front of him so if you're out there feel free to speak up.

DCFett
07-07-2013, 08:51 AM
I couldn't settle for that, it'd just be a hole in my collection I guess. I was never really settled with Jabba, but that seems to make more sense to me. I'd be totally let down and disappointed if I waited all these years just for SS to throw in the towel and go polystone.

Gipetto0812
07-07-2013, 09:04 AM
HT did a great job with the fur on the Planet of the Apes figures IMO and that was years ago. They've grown alot since then and I bet they'd do a great job on a furry Chewy with the tech that they have available now

nexus
07-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Who knows how the HT/SS agreement works on the ST license, if there is one. Would be interesting to see HT pull off a mass produced "real hair" Chewbacca at 1:6 especially since SS is unable to deliver at 1:4.

TheFiend
07-07-2013, 09:40 AM
It seems with some people the "real hair" for Chewy is paramount. To the point I bet they'd sacrifice likeness etc just to have it, if that's what needed to be done. All I'm saying is if the real hair thing can't be done to look great and look just like Chewy than ill settle for sculpted.

IMO the the work HT did on the Apes isn't indicative to what needs to be done with Chewy. They had hair on their head with a sculpted face and clothes. Its almost like comparing apples to oranges and saying they're the same because they're fruit. Chewy is a completely different monster. A fully haired body with articulation. The face will be especially hard. Hair around the snout and brow without covering the eyes and getting it to look right.

Hey, if they can pull it off it will be a true achievement and I'd love to see it. I hope we see it....but I'm not getting my hopes up.