Favorite Rocky Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
The old poll i did was 5 years ago felt like redoing this one.

(went rocky2 even though 1&2 are like one long movie)

Hard choice between 1 and 2.

I think 2 is funny as **** with the beast aftershave comercial but number 1 is the classic.

Look, i like every single one for different reasons.

1&2 being the best. But let me tell ya they're all good, even 5, look at this gem from 5 (the worst one)

[ame]https://youtu.be/gmbfZT_mCSI[/ame]

1 is the best.
2 is right up there.
3 and 4 are good, but not great.
5 no one recognizes.
And 6 is a nice sendoff to the character.

Rocky IV was the only Rocky i seen in the theater. (till Rocky Balboa) I was 9 years old, and i will never forget it. (i thought Russians were the ones who invented chains on tires lol)

Last edited:
Seeing Rocky in the theater was something special i wish kids today would get to experience.
[ame]https://youtu.be/9fp67geuhJM[/ame]

The first is far and away the best for me. Much like the Rambo movies, he starts becoming a superhero in the sequels which sort of defeats the whole purpose of the original film, but they're still fun to watch. Mickey's death scene in 3 still gets me every time. :monkey2

My biggest issue with 3 and 4 is they are the same film.

Rocky's on top of the world.
Someone tries to take it from him.
Rocky loses someone close to him.
Rocky gets his butt kicked.
Rocky gets his crap together.
Rocky kicks the big bad's butt to the moon.

That said they are pretty good motivational movies, and the rythym does get your heart pumping everytime. But once you take away the blue collar underdog aspect of the character he becomes much more unrelatable. I think that's what made six good. Took him back to his roots.

Damn. Nicely said. Agreed too.

:duff Not that the franchises are on par with eachother, but incidently the same can be said about the original Star Trek movies. Once you scratch "The Motion Picture" off the list at least. :lol

Last edited:
i love them all especially 2nd but when i was younger i would watch #4 and get very pumped then punch my brother in the face. brings back some good memories.

My biggest issue with 3 and 4 is they are the same film.

Rocky's on top of the world.
Someone tries to take it from him.
Rocky loses someone close to him.
Rocky gets his butt kicked.
Rocky gets his crap together.
Rocky kicks the big bad's butt to the moon.

That said they are pretty good motivational movies, and the rythym does get your heart pumping everytime. But once you take away the blue collar underdog aspect of the character he becomes much more unrelatable. I think that's what made six good. Took him back to his roots.

Except Rocky never got his *** kicked in IV.

Back