Mortal Kombat (2013 Reboot)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legacy was pretty solid, for what it was.

The first movie was much more entertaining than it had any right to be, but all of the stuff after it wasn't good. I'm looking forward to see how this goes.

I enjoy the first MK movie if only for nostalgia but 2nd MK movie was awful. Felt like Power Rangers with MK characters.

Anywho I liked the MK web series for what it was but I hope they don't "Nolan-ize" it too much and make the new movie it too realistic.

Films like these are male version of Step up to the Streets or whatever those dancing films with Tanning Scrotum are called.

Finally! I remember back in 2003 when the third Mortal Kombat movie was supposed to be made and it never happened. It's taken ten years for a reboot, crazy!

Finally! I remember back in 2003 when the third Mortal Kombat movie was supposed to be made and it never happened. It's taken ten years for a reboot, crazy!

:lol I remember a website that said Keanu Reeves was in for some part in the movie lol. And a bunch of A list actors, :rotfl that was ages ago. I remember reading the comments and how people were so excited

Tbh I would rather the remake was more like Kevin Tancharoen's Mortal Kombat: Rebirth than Legacy. I thought the Rebirth short movie was a LOT better than the Legacy series. I really liked the more real-world approach to the story.

I thought the best part of the first film was Liu Kang vs Reptile.

But the web series was pretty solid.

I love the characters and the MK universe enough to check it out and be excited regardless.

:lol I remember a website that said Keanu Reeves was in for some part in the movie lol. And a bunch of A list actors, :rotfl that was ages ago. I remember reading the comments and how people were so excited

:rotfl

I remember that Christopher Lambert was back as Rayden and everyone was happy about that :lol There was talk about this third movie for friggin years :lol

Tbh I would rather the remake was more like Kevin Tancharoen's Mortal Kombat: Rebirth than Legacy. I thought the Rebirth short movie was a LOT better than the Legacy series. I really liked the more real-world approach to the story.

Is this the one that Jeri Ryan was in? I saw that and thought it was great, I haven't seen the Legacy series.

I personally think the reboot that is MK9 was so well told that any movie will just look ridiculous.

Just leave MK as a movie series be done with the older films.

As long as this is finally rated R, it will have a chance to be good. MK has always been about the gore and the PG-13 films failed in that regard.

Back