Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abnpredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Blood and Chrome moved to new thread -
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome Trailer Heavy on Combat and CGI

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome actually exists. I was beginning to think otherwise given SyFy and producer David Eick's silence about the two-hour pilot shot roughly a year ago.
During this past weekend, SyFy unveiled the first footage from Blood and Chrome, a Battlestar Galactica spin-off two-hour pilot set during the first Cylon War. It stars Luke Pasqualino (Skins) as ensign William "Husker" Adama, assigned to his first duty aboard the Galactica and immediately sent on a critical top secret mission involving a snowy planet.

Blood and Chrome dispenses with the reliance on political and religious games that defined Caprica, the previous Galactica spin-off whose lack of action and compelling storytelling drove it into cancellation. Instead, Blood and Chrome chases adrenaline and puts the emphasis on action as the humans and Cylons square off in the tenth year of their firs war. There will be the familiar politics and social propaganda as well, but as this sizzle reel demonstrates, action fueled by a heavy reliance on CGI sets is the name of this game.

There's a strong chance we could see the Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome pilot air before this year is out now that SyFy has begun promoting it. If the pilot is truly a "game changer" as they suggest and the pilot draws a huge audience and praise, Blood and Chrome will eventually become the third modern Battlestar Galactica series.

Good news there!

Looks great. Can't wait.

I loved BSG, but couldn't get into Caprica. This sounds great. I got into BSG on Netflix and watched the entire series in about 3 weeks :lol

Meh, WAY too much CGI. And Adama looks 15.

Well that's the thing with BSG...it looks like there is a ton of CGI, but at the same time it doesn't look overdone. I'll definitely give this series a chance, as I couldn't really get into Caprica.

Well, look at it this way - SyFy can now keep their focus on making crappy, cheaply made movies.

This already looks better than Caprica.

Which is why SciFi (sorry,wont use the ******** "new hip" name for themselves) has canceled it...

They wouldnt know a hit if it landed on them from orbit...

Hence the rubbish that was Caprica and the abomination that was Stargate Universe (or as i call it...Battlestar Galactica's remake remade)

A shame this wont air...but in the end, kind of a relief as the network couldn't hand the show anyway...it'd be to successful for them

Well it sounds like they are going to at least air the pilot movie at some time in the future.

From Dave's link:

Now, the network has passed on the project as a regular series but is looking to do it as a digital one, while airing the already produced pilot on the network as a movie. “Though the vision for “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” has evolved over the course of the past year, our enthusiasm for this ambitious project has not waned,” Stern said in a statement today. “We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen. The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.

Fine by me, this is how Syfy would have aired it. Season 1.0 - first five eps Jan - season 1.5 - jan of following year, repeat until cancelled in season 3 and they are left to wonder why ratings not good

Which is why SciFi (sorry,wont use the ******** "new hip" name for themselves) has canceled it...

They wouldnt know a hit if it landed on them from orbit...

Hence the rubbish that was Caprica and the abomination that was Stargate Universe (or as i call it...Battlestar Galactica's remake remade)

A shame this wont air...but in the end, kind of a relief as the network couldn't hand the show anyway...it'd be to successful for them

Who says it was good?

To be honest this idea sounded kind of dumb from the get go (how many seasons' worth of material really is there in seeing Adama mature) and the ridiculously young looking casting of Adama and overuse of CGI to the point of looking like a video game makes me question weather we are really losing out on anything here.

Caprica alredy proved that a BSG related idea could be crap. No one has seen anything more than a trailer, so how can anyone at all say that Syfy is making a mistake?

Last edited:
Oh I got excited for a second and thought this was a thread for the new Spartacus spin-off series.

"SPARTACUS IN SPACE: BLOOD & CHROME"!

My bad, carry on cancelling good shows SyFy!

This is why I don't watch Sy Fy channel anymore....

...I'm still angry over the cancellation of Stargate Universe.

Back