J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this yet.

Shooting begins this week.

Star Trek 2 is finally underway, with principal photography commencing this week. In addition to the returning cast of our favorite Starfleet characters and crew of the Enterprise, Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch headlines a batch of new talent who’ve enlisted for the sequel to J.J. Abrams’ franchise reboot.

Cumberbatch is expected to play the lead villain, joining the previously-cast Alice Eve and Peter Weller in undisclosed roles. Other recent Star Trek 2 castings include Noel Clarke (Doctor Who), Nazneen Contractor (24) and one actor we just found out is also onboard: Joseph Gatt.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-2-cast-joseph-gatt-rob-146498/

Re: J.J. Abrams' Star Trek 2

Looking forward to this!, Cumberbatch ..interesting,I've literally just turned off the tv after watching sherlock for the first time.

I really enjoyed the first one. Looking forward to this one.

Abrams need to really tone down, actually remove the Lens flare and lopsided camera angles.

And don't make Kirk a ****** again.

I agree about the lens flares, but I have a feeling they're here to stay. :(

That being said, I thought the first movie was great.

I was never a Trek fan until his first film so I'm looking forward to this although I think that it'll be surrounded by so much hype that it'll be tough to meet expectations.

It's about time. I'm not a ST fan, but I liked the first one quite a bit. I just need to show up to the IMAX earlier than 10 minutes before showtime this time around so I'm not in the first row.:lol

Hey, I'll take lens flares any day when it means we get a quality action/adventure movie. At least he doesn't have a fetish for "Avid farts" :lol

I really enjoyed the first film, can't wait to see what they do in the sequel.

Finally. This might be my most anticipated film...ever.

I'm embarrassed to admit how many times I watched the first one in theater.

I agree about the lens flares, but I have a feeling they're here to stay. :(

That being said, I thought the first movie was great.

I enjoyed it, but i find it hard to watch too many times for these reasons...

I didn't like what they did with Kirk, namely how he's a swaggering brawling punk who thinks too much of himself and how he became "captain" through basically an accident rather than earning it.

I didn't like the Spock/Uhura thing, it took away from the original character so much

Didn't like how the bridge looked like an Apple Store (too white) and the afforementioned lens flare and wonky camera angles

Other than those it's a good film, poor adaption, but good film

I think you have to check a huge chunk of what you know about Trek at the door and really treat it like the genuine "re-imagining" that it is to get the most out of it. Kirk, Chekov, Scotty, and Uhura barely resembled their pre-existing counterparts IMO.

Yeah I didn't like the way they made the characters too, but it was not a prequel, it was some time traveling alternate universe..god I hated that aspect of the movie, wished it was a true prequel.

As a stand alone film it held up well. I didn't like how they destroyed Vulcan though. I know they wanted the alternate universe thing but that act really destroyed continuinity to a point it's hard to consider it relating to the original series and films. Killing Kirk's dad was one thing but going on to destroy a planet - particularly one which is vital to the previous continuity was a step too far I think.
I also thought using the Budweiser brewery for the engine room was so very lazy. Didnt look like the engine room of a starship at all. I hope they sort a decent set out for that this time around. Other than that, I'm excited about it. I actually want to see Khan and Carol Marcus in it and see what they do with them...

Abrams need to really tone down, actually remove the Lens flare and lopsided camera angles.

And don't make Kirk a ****** again.

I agree with the lens flares but Kirk was a ****** when he was younger.

Back