who is tired of hollyweird re-doing movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlepower73

Super Freak
Reaction score
i think there is a thread for this.
but who is tired of hollywood and there lack of ideas.there remaking these and there is more to list...
footloose
karate kid..
point break.
fright night..
thing prequel
straw dogs
nightmare of elm street
friday the 13th..
i spit on your grave..
hellraiser
robocop.
total recall
arthur
the crow
death wish(stallone is attached)
fletch
escape from new york.
dune
highlander
howling
pet cemetary..
to many is enough..

footloose...Not interested.
karate kid...Meh
point break...Interested.
fright night... Was actually REALLY Good, cept it had hardly anything to do with the original "FRIGHT NIGHT"
thing prequel....Looks GREAT
straw dogs....No Thanks.
nightmare of elm street....Not as good as Englund but it did Make Freddy Scary.
friday the 13th... LOVED it.
i spit on your grave..
hellraiser. Meh.
robocop...DOES NOT NEED TO BE REMADE.
total recall....NO THANKS.
arthur...Enjoyed it.
the crow....BLASPHEMY! DOES NOT NEED TO BE REMADE.
death wish(stallone is attached)...Not interested.
fletch...Not Interested.
escape from new york....Not Interested.
dune...Not Interested.
highlander...Not Interested.
howling...Interested.
pet cemetary... Not Interested.

I feel sorry for the kids of this generation. They're not going to have those unique films that defined they're youth like those of us who grew up in the pre-remake era. All they'll have to look back on is re-hashes (and generally poor ones) of the films that the prior generations grew up on.

Oh, man, who is tired of this? I reach out to the sky and I ask!

I feel sorry for people who believe a remake of a film is such a devastating event. No person living decently is sitting back in their armchair and thinking about things as ridiculous as this.

As well, half those movies are not remakes but rather another adaptation of a book. No one was thinking, 'Hey, let's remake David Lynch's Dune...' You obviously don't even know the history of these so-called 'remakes' you rage against, probably haven't even seen half of the 'remakes' on your mind, you just want something to complain about, you want to get up in arms, that's all. This same sort of nonsensical complaining you see all the time. If I could lean into my computer screen and slap your face, I would.

Oh, man, who is tired of this? I reach out to the sky and I ask!

I feel sorry for people who believe a remake of a film is such a devastating event. No person living decently is sitting back in their armchair and thinking about things as ridiculous as this.

As well, half those movies are not remakes but rather another adaptation of a book. No one was thinking, 'Hey, let's remake David Lynch's Dune...' You obviously don't even know the history of these so-called 'remakes' you rage against, probably haven't even seen half of the 'remakes' on your mind, you just want something to complain about, you want to get up in arms, that's all. This same sort of nonsensical complaining you see all the time. If I could lean into my computer screen and slap your face, I would.
:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly::goodpost:

Isn't everyone. ____ even kids are gonna be confused with the new Spiderman coming out lol.

anyway i just saw the trailer for The Thing and i gotta say im pumped. not for the new one but to watch the original lol

Oh there is no "pre remake era". Remakes or reinterpretations are older than Hollywood. You think people go "s__t, shakespear again!"? This is nothing new and Hollywood did it when we were kids as well, I will give you that it seems a little more prevalent now but seriously how many times has Dracula been done on the stage or film?

The problem is, they're releasing dozens of them in the same year.

It would usually be atleast 1-5 remakes a year. If that. But now...it's just kinda heavy.

......I'm tired of hollywood remaking Asian movies because they're too proud to put Asians on the big screen starring their own movies and as if they were the ones who came up with these movies.

It's because people hate subtitles.

Also there are several American versions of movies better than their counterparts.

The Ring and The Departed come to mine right away. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo looks all kinds of awesome, the trailer alone is superior to the original movie.

Mass amounts of movies now a days are remakes. Alot are movies l never new were remakes. These are remakes of movies l did like off the top of my head.
The birdcage
Assult On Precinct 13 (didn't really care for it but supprised it was a remake)
Cape Fear
Oceans 11
Get Carter
The Hills Have Eyes
Insomia
The Italian Job
Mr Deeds
Thomas Crown Affair.
Scarface
The Taking Of Palhan 1 2 3
True Lies
Walking Tall

Last edited:
It's because people hate subtitles.

Also there are several American versions of movies better than their counterparts.

The Ring and The Departed come to mine right away. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo looks all kinds of awesome, the trailer alone is superior to the original movie.

The one zombie/infection movie was better too. I can't remember the name. :slap

^ REC. Hell yeah it was. One of the scariest films i've ever seen.

Never got around watching REC. but really enjoyed Quarantine. Jennifer Carpenter's act was quite good. And Doug Jones! What amazing characters he has played in different movies.

About re-done movies, am sure I wouldn't want to watch a requel of a movie like Ichi the Killer. That's enough _____ for me in just one lauguage. But the likes of Pan's Labyrinth and El secreto de sus ojos, yes wouldn't mind them redone in english.

Back