What are you reading?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished reading Terminator Salvation From the Ashes. now reading three books: The Dark Knight, Hellboy II and the first Rebublic trooper novel Hard Contact.

Oceans of Kansas, Evil: An Investigation, Watchmen and Philosophy, and War is a Force That Gives Us Meaning. All very, very good. :rock

A man! the guy that Narrates the first 3 books is my Fav! after that that new guys sucks. i dont like his voice. lol!

I know how you feel. He definitely doesn't differentiate the voices of the character very much and it's easy to miss who he is referring too. I think George Guidall also narrated the first one (Gunslinger). Frank Muller did the second two (Drawing of the 3 & Wastelands). Guidall then does all of the remaining.

Muller does make them much more pleasing to listen to. I already miss the "George Carlin" sound he gave Eddie Dean. It's amazing what a difference the narrator can make.

I know how you feel. He definitely doesn't differentiate the voices of the character very much and it's easy to miss who he is referring too. I think George Guidall also narrated the first one (Gunslinger). Frank Muller did the second two (Drawing of the 3 & Wastelands). Guidall then does all of the remaining.

Muller does make them much more pleasing to listen to. I already miss the "George Carlin" sound he gave Eddie Dean. It's amazing what a difference the narrator can make.

Yeah man! Frank Muller is the Shat!!!!:monkey2:monkey2 i miss him lol

I'm about half way through "Wolves of the Calla". These seem to get better with each book, yes they do. I absolutely love how he tied in other books/worlds to this series. I hope the final three live up to the first four.

Technically, I'm not reading them. I have them all on "audio books". I listen to them every day because I have a 60 minute commute to work each day and then 60 minutes back home. I get through books pretty quick that way. Although "The Stand" by Stephen King lasted damn near 50 hours.

Nothing wrong with audio books, if I had to commute that long damn right I'd get into audio books more. Really digging Wolves and glad King brought Callahan into the book. Wonder if he will bring Ted Brautigan from Hearts in Atlantis in? In the book version, it ties HEAVILY into The Dark Tower universe. Ted Brautigan was a "beam Breaker" and the Low Men were after him, not CIA or Feds like in the movie. Hope he does as he's a great character.

I hardly ever have time to read. I just recently finished the only book I've read this year:

Where's Waldo

Very challenging read.

Off to read the sequel: Find Waldo Now

The last novel I read was The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

GREAT vampire story but about the myths of Vlad himself. Great book- one of those I missed reading when I finished... :monkey2

GREAT vampire story but about the myths of Vlad himself. Great book- one of those I missed reading when I finished...

Did you read "I Am Not Spock" first?

I read some of that one a loooong time ago, when I was in High School. Wish I still had my copy. The "I Am Spock" book was a gift from my Wife, which she now laments because of my resurgence into Trek fandom. I'm having her watch the series and the movies, which she never has. She hates me now... :lol

I *LOVE* the original series! :rock

GREAT vampire story but about the myths of Vlad himself. Great book- one of those I missed reading when I finished...
116.gif

Back